It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker caught on tape?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by FoxMulder91

Might have been a killer Bunny with huge, great, pointy teeth!

They jump up and have at your throat if you take your eyes off 'em...little tykes.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
I remember seeing this online a couple weeks ago, and I have to say it was chilling!
They blink, you can see them move out from behind the rock and (maybe this is just me) but you can sort of make out the shape of a head and shoulders.

I don't know too much about the skinwalker legends because, honestly, they give me the shivers, but whatever it was in that cave is something that I'd have loved to see.

Regarding the attitude towards things like that in the community; I hope that it wasn't simply a case of the officer's courage being bolstered by the presence of the cameras, and that they will instead be a bit more intent on finding whatever this 'Howler' is/was and revealing it to the world!

After watching it again, I found it very interesting that this group of young men are very specifically called in for cases of the possible paranormal. May seem weird to an outsider but the Navajo regard the paranormal much differently than our culture--a whole lot of belief in both witchcraft (generally represented as skinwalkers of all types) and ghosts (chindi). The Navajo are ashamed of skinwalkers as they were former members of the tribe that lost their humanity. There has been very strong taboos in regards to even discussing them with outsiders and that also makes the episode really interesting because it is on national geographic. While I was out there, the case was almost always reported as families basically being terrorized within their homes by these things outside, peering into windows and climbing onto their roofs. I don't think anybody called the police excepted for perhaps non-Navajo residents. Who was usually called in after a visit by skinwalkers was a medicine man to attempt to stop it--not a special team. Very interesting change and I think it has a whole lot to do with the skin found outside of Tuba City.

Skinwalkers should very rightfully give you the shivers. They are pretty terrifying to behold. They are clever animal emulators where you won't even know that you're looking at a human being until they let you know by standing up on their two legs. Although they are human beings, they are masters of their art and adept with poisons. I've known a few who were poisoned by skinwalkers and the experience was incredibly scarring for those victims. They have also been known to kill people. Their poisons would be things like causing a jimsonweed overdose or something called corpse powder, which induces asphyxiation and leaves the victim's tongue blue. They are not nice.
edit on 13/3/13 by WhiteAlice because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join