It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think California will have a rather large earthquake in the next couple weeks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
So I live in southern California and a couple of nights ago I had just turned off the lights to go to bed (saturday night right around midnight) and I felt what I thought was the start of an earthquake (I could start to feel a slight rocking motion) followed by a huge feeling of energy that filled my body. It felt like the air was being charged almost, a very strong feeling. The feeling lasted a couple of minutes and then went away and I thought well I guess it was a false alarm. Then about 10 minutes later the same thing happened I felt what I thought was the start of an earthquake and again a huge feeling of energy that filled my body. I could feel a very slight rocking motion and I could hear the house popping more than usual. After a couple minutes it went away again, and it didn't come back but the amount of energy I felt was enormous. My thought is that maybe stress was building up underneath the ground and that it is getting ready to release a large amount of energy. So my thought is that in the next couple of weeks there will be a rather large earthquake in California. No idea if i'm right or wrong just thought I would post it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
You just threw out a prime-rib steak for the trolls. Prepare to be eaten alive over this.

And as most will say.... we shall see, but lets hope not!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I wonder how often feeling a slight wobble isn't a sign of an earthquake, but a sign of cardiovascular problems.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

Well I way laying down not standing up and it wouldn't explaine the extra popping sounds coming from the house but you never know.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSource
followed by a huge feeling of energy that filled my body.

Had this today. Thought blood will burst through my ears, twitches, shakin hands. For about 10 mins. Should I go to the doctor
?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSource
reply to post by satron

Well I way laying down not standing up and it wouldn't explaine the extra popping sounds coming from the house but you never know.

I've had it happen. Turns out, it was stress.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

well you never know maybe if nothing happens in the next couple weeks i'll think of going back to they gym

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by stainlesssteelrat

wow that sounds scary (i'm not a doctor so i can't say what to do but that would make me think of going to one probably).. Mine didn't feel like a "pressure" feeling about to burst but more like standing next to something that has a huge static buildup kinda like when you pick up a sweater that has a ton of static on it and you can feel some resistance to it from the static before you pick it up. I think thats the best way I can describe it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I predict California will have an earthquake within the next 10 years, and you can take that to the bank.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
PREDICTION:
I predictably predict all predictions predicted on this thread will predictably come to pass at an unpredictable date some time in the not too distant and unpredictable future...Predictably.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
The OP's perceived medical issues aside, I'm reminded of how many times in watching earthquake patterns over the last few years I've been tempted to predict a BIG one. I know only one thing from this musing....I would have been wrong at every turn. I live in Vancouver Canada and I can say with certainty we are going to get ruffled big time in the future unfortunately but I'd really hesitate at naming a date. Just sayin

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I'm glad you shared your experience.

Hopefully there will be no earthquake, but when intuition tells us something is amiss, I don't think we should ignore it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleVoice731

well not really, the last earthquake prediction thread came true a few days ago.

Good luck on the prediction man!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Freaky!
I felt something similar last night. It was like a great lurching sensation. Today, I'm slightly dizzy...
edit on 13-3-2012 by OneAndCreakily because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I hope a big earthquake comes soon. Get it over with aready. Longs as it doesn't mess up my surroundings that is.....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by descendedstar
reply to post by LittleVoice731

well not really, the last earthquake prediction thread came true a few days ago.

Good luck on the prediction man!!

I must have missed that episode, can you provide a link?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I experienced something exactly like that a couple of days ago, and I live in Kansas City. It was such a distinctive swaying sensation that I immediately got out of bed, and then I became so dizzy that I was sure I would collapse, like my head was extremely heavy and the rest of me was too weak to support it. I've had dizzy spells and migraines before within a couple of days of major earthquakes, sometimes before and sometimes after, but never the swaying sensation. It was like being in a swaying hammock. I hope this doesn't mean that California and New Madrid are going to get hit at the same time, because that would almost surely mean Yellowstone would be next. No way I'm getting to sleep tonight.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I'm not gonna lie to you. I don't think this is any sort of prediction, but you never know. That said, I had something very similar happen to me a few weeks ago. The reason I tell you this is because I live on the west coast. It happened to me a couple weeks ago. My experience is as follows:

I had been laying down for a little while I had just fallen asleep (my wife was still awake) And i was jolted awake by what I thought was an earthquake, I was so convinced I said "Oh! an Earthquake!" My wife said "What?" And I realized I wasn't shaking any more. I looked around pretty confused for a couple seconds, said never mind to my wife and went back to sleep.

It happened once, and that's it. I had just assumed I had been having a dream, maybe I was, or maybe It was something else. I was laying on my back and I "shook" in a head to toe motion, not side to side.

Reading the post talking about it makes me curious as to weather or not there will be an earthquake soon. What if we are experiencing something, that would be very interesting if we are. I'm not convinced I wasn't dreaming, but who knows. We all know that chances are the west coast is due an earthquake soon, and it could be a giant one. I hope not, I would prefer no earthquake.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSource

I've had this feeling before on numerous occasions. For me, there is usually an earthquake within the week, but I've never been correct on location :-) My brain takes over and I'm just sure it will be somewhere I know with people I love. human nature I guess.

But, when I get the feeling I jot it down, just for fun. So far I've been pretty right on. Shame I don't get a feeling about locations though.

new topics

top topics

join