It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tribes Ascend Going Live Soon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:04 PM
link   
By "Live" I mean that it will soon be a fully released Title, I know there's already a topic but I felt it understated how good Tribes Ascend actually is. I've been playing since Alpha (Spent 30$ on it) and since then I haven't touched any other game. If your looking for something thats different to the usual games coming out now days I urge you to check it out. Tribes Ascend It's completly free so you don't need to pay a single cent to get into what is currently a "open beta".

To celebrate the game soon being released Hi-Rez have released a Parody trailer called Llama Island and if you've ever played any other Tribes game then you should get a laugh out of it.

Anway Check it out you've got nothing to loose!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Never heard of it, the trailer looks like halo.

So what is it? It looks like an online shooter, how is it different from any other online shooter?
Seriously curious not being sarcastic.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Sh*t.. is it really fun? I actually got into the beta but I literally only played 5 minutes of it. I got in the D3 beta also so a lot of my gaming time has been in that. Maybe I'll re-download Tribes...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Chukkles

The developers of Halo state that the original Tribes (released in 1998) was their inspiration.

Basically its a first person shooter centred mainly around Capture The Flag type gameplay, You have projectile weapons (meaning they arent instant like most shooters) and jetpacks. By holding space bar you "Ski" down hills asif there was no friction reaching speeds of 200kph +. It's strictly on online game 14 v 14. The basic premise is pretty much that simple but once you jump into it you realize there's alot more depth to it then that. There are 3 different class types (Light, Medium, Heavy) each have their own semi customizable weapons and perks.

This is probably a better video to showcase whats possible and give a basic idea of the game. You may want to mute the audio though (terrible).

edit on 13-3-2012 by Esotericizm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Esotericizm

is this for pc, or console

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

It's currently for pc but I believe Hi-Rez did have plans on releasing it through Xbox360 but I think Microsoft is a bit too strict regarding updates, So its currently up in the air.

At first it maybe a bit hard to grasp as its so different too 99% of games that their is a big learning curve but stick with it and you'll be glad you did.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Esotericizm because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Cool thanks.
It really reminds me of the surfing maps on CSS.
I imagine if it went to Xbox it would/should be XBLA title.
It does look good, but for now i'm into Gotham City Impostors (though I haven't played in 2 weeks).

Got Zelda Skyward Sword and Midnight Club LA. I don't know why I bought them I have so many games I need to complete first.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Downloaded it (beta) hated it, nothing really new felt to arcady for my liking but some people may like it so download it and have a go.

new topics

top topics

join