It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29% of Mississippi Republicans still think interracial marriage should be illegal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Sure, you could point to one or two here and there that wouldn't be, but that's the exception rather than the rule and doesn't truly prove me wrong.

America is a land of racists and bigots, your attempts to shut me down from expressing my opinion only reveals your bigotry, which only proves me right.

And the truth never requires proof, it just is. I don't have to prove anything. And besides any proof that is out there you'd just dismiss in favor of your confirmation bias. That's what people like you do, deny and dismiss.

And there's no amount of proof to show you otherwise because of your own bigotry you'd just dismiss it.

The truth is there, and the truth is America is a land of racists and bigots. Not every single one, of course, but the majority are.

You really can't prove otherwise.

And you won't be able to convince me either.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by conspiracy nut
lets see how many people come on here to denounce this kind of crap, followed by how many people have the guts to stand by their convictions and explain why they think interracial marriage should be illegal.

still waiting. anyone, anyone? beuller?

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zanti Misfit
reply to post by 1loserel2

87 Percent of them still think it's OK to Marry your Sister too...............

It would certainly prevent interracial marriages.

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Explanation: S&F!

I think OL needs to get some perspective on this ... with a back of the envelope equation

Mississippi [wiki]

Population Ranked 31st in the U.S.
- Total 2,978,512 (2011 est)
- Density 63.5/sq mi (24.5/km2)
Ranked 32nd in the U.S.
- Median income $36,338 (50th)

So 3million people total population ... of which 2/3rds would be adults old enough to vote = 2million voters

Split that 50% / 50% (rep/dem) = 1million (rep) voters

30% (bigot) of 1million (rep) = 300,000 (rep+bigot) voters

Which = 10% of the total population

Personal Disclosure: Now say they are all married [50% m / 50% f] to each other and have a kid ...
...= (300,000 + 150,000) / 3 = (450,000) / 3 = 150,000 (rep+bigot) families = 15% of the total population.

So 1 in 7 people you meet in Mississippi ... may be a bigot or know one.

Mississippi's population has a sizable proportion of African Americans, approximately 37 percent.

Therefor 100,000+ (rep+bigot) voters are potentially non whites!?

Ahhhhhh I see now ... it cuts both ways!

This is just a beat up ... in order to generate ad revenue for the msm!

edit on 21-3-2012 by OmegaLogos because: editedb to clarify who my anger and disgust was directed at.

posted on Mar, 22 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Attempting to shut you down? Not hardly. You are certainly welcome to your opinion. I just feel, obviously, that you are badly mistaken...

...and so far as only being able to point out one or two? That's one or two, at minimum, for every one you are able to point out... Try not to be so selective in what you choose to understand.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
so now no one is coming forward to denounce this?

we should do an unofficial ats poll to see what percentage of us are against interracial marriage.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
A little off topic, I apoligize, but I'm addressing the general idea of race that the thread has evolved into.

Racism and bigotry is endemic in America, I'm American and I see it all the time in all the institutions.

A couple local examples, I'm in PA
White undercover cop killed by white patrol cop after white undercover cops START a shootout with a suspected drug dealer. The patrol cop arrived on the scene and engaged the undercover cops in a gun battle in which one of the undercover cops died of a head shot... black man goes to jail for MURDER though he didn't shoot the white cop, didn't start the shootout AND wasn't at the scene when the cop finally was shot.

Our city has a population of approx 90k, 46% hispanic and 11% black. Reading the paper, the only "color" you'll see is when crime is reported, or a response to a crime.

Nationally
Look @ the shooting on FL, that happened a month ago and it is just being reported and made a big deal out of now.

It took 3 days for the news to report on a cruise ship hitting a cargo ship in Viet Nam.

The news still talks about Natalie Halloway (sp).

Just think and SEE for a second, please.

What is the population of our prison system by percentage as compared to our nation, by race/skin I mean?

We passed laws to kill off specific groups of people, it was a model for Hitler.

We passed laws to round people up and make them live in areas away from "white" people.

For nearly 60 years our military sole purpose seems to have been to kill non white people.

We are racist through & through; churches teach folks to hate what is different, institutions teach people to hate what is different. FBI, CIA, NSA, TSA, KKK... all the same in the end.

Derek

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
argh. So what? they are republican. That does not mean that republicans stand for racism.It means that some racists agree more with repubs on other issues, and would rather vote for republicans. Real republicans would be more concerned with the constitution than interracial marriage, and the large majority of republicans would NOT vote to make it illegal, as it is against the constitution to do so. Both parties have their nonsense extremists, and of course terrible people are in BOTH parties. There are plenty of criminals and terrible people that vote democrat too, but you'll never hear about that.

Wish they would stop toying with people and run a straight campaign.

edit on 23-3-2012 by humanityisawful because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join