It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

29% of Mississippi Republicans still think interracial marriage should be illegal

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
]The race card pulled out yet again. This is so wrong in so many ways. I didn't think that there were that many people who would say something like when asked. This is not an issue. This party really seems like its imploding on itself. We've got real issues, employment, gas prices, possible war with Iran and yet today I saw clips of Romney and Gingrich talking about grits of all things.
Stupid and shows a level of ignorance to even ask a question like that in a poll. What do you think?

Graham smith

Mitt Romney is today hoping to seal his status as the Republican presidential front-runner with a thus-far elusive victory in the conservative Deep South.Mitt Romney is today hoping to seal his status as the Republican presidential front-runner with a thus-far elusive victory in the conservative Deep South.An astonishing 29 per cent of Republican voters in Mississippi believe that interracial marriage should be illegal.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I liked this comment

Typical conservatives who rant on about wanting less government, but are fine with big government intruding into our lives for something they believe in. Hypocrites.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This isn't shocking, I bet if you ran a poll in that state asking if they wanted a return to Jim Crow era laws, the number would be as high or higher

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Next poll for Missisipians:

Do you think God Lord Creator should cease to be King and Protector of United States?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

87 Percent of them still think it's OK to Marry your Sister too...............

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
If we get caught up in petty little things like this , How are we ever going to fix the real problems with this country? Spoiler Alert: We're probably not! We're probably going to just implode during my lifetime. For the first time in my life I am really really really worried about this country because it appears to falling apart and descending into general chaos.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
29% of Mississippi Republicans still think interracial marriage should be illegal

Translation:

29% of Mississipi Republicans think President Obama should be illegal. (product of interracial union)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Having lived in the South for a few years, I have no problem believing this. I also will not paint all southerners with this brush. Like most things racism is not a black and white issue, there is a lot of gray. Unfortunately, the far right, nor the far left can see this.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reptius
If we get caught up in petty little things like this , How are we ever going to fix the real problems with this country? Spoiler Alert: We're probably not! We're probably going to just implode during my lifetime. For the first time in my life I am really really really worried about this country because it appears to falling apart and descending into general chaos.

Unfortunately this is not a petty thing, it took a supreme court decision in the 60's or 70's to beat down laws against this. This is what a lot of folks don't realize.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Y'all..... are so full of it.

I AM a conservative from Mississippi and No we don't have outhouses and Yes we do have running water. Inside too!!! We do not want big government for any reason......
What we do want is common sense from our elected officials and we would like to see all of the blind sheep following our inept leaders.....WAKE UP.............

We are not all back woods and probably more educated than you( son is going to grad school at Princeton.... as in New Jersey)

I hate being stereotyped!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
That would still mean 71% don't have a problem with it. Im so tired of my State being portrayed by the media with this type [SNIP]! It does not even say how the survey was performed or how it stacked up nationally. Just a [SNIP] survey to smear my State!..By the way, I voted Santorum, but really don't like any of em!
edit on 3/13/2012 by tothetenthpower because: --Mod Note--Censor Circumvention/Profanity

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Or how Democrats voted on the issue!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 1loserel2

I was thinking about making a thread on this same subject earlier, but I didnt get around to it.

It's really hard for me to believe, that in 2012 and in the US, there's people that still believe some of this horrible stuff. Here's a video from The Young Turks that discusses this along with a few other subjects, such as evolution, Obama, ect...

Also, in the same poll, it found that 21% of republicans in Alabama think interracial marriage should be illegal. Here's an extra link below.

www.latimes.com...
edit on 13-3-2012 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mississippi

You voted for Santorum?

Wow.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

and this is why things like states rights should not be something that can be run unchecked when it comes to civil rights....these are the same states that had black people sitting at the back of buses a few decades ago.

This is why Ron Paul is considered a loon.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatislave

Yea lesser of the 3 evils I guess.......Not a fan of Romneycare, Paul is too radical and sounds like a bilegerent idiot at times, Newt is the best debater but it's so damn unpredictable what he might do(he's been all over the block),so I'll settle with Earmark Santorum!....Anyone would be better than what we got though!
edit on 13-3-2012 by Mississippi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
Next poll for Missisipians:

Do you think God Lord Creator should cease to be King and Protector of United States?

I think you would have to ask the people who created all that stuff.
Are there enough hebrews in Mississippi to poll?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mississippi
I'll settle with Earmark Santorum!....

And take us back to the Dark Ages?

How can anyone consciously vote for Santorum.

The only thing I can come up with - - - is Santorum supporters are voting against a Mormon.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
And this is why i don't understand why Ron Paul didn't do better. He has stated numerous times that he wouldn't have voted for the Civil Rights act. (yes i know the reasons, but does it really matter?)

I figured he'd at least pick up 25 percent on that alone. Must be incredibly low info voters.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
And this is why i don't understand why Ron Paul didn't do better. He has stated numerous times that he wouldn't have voted for the Civil Rights act. (yes i know the reasons, but does it really matter?)

I figured he'd at least pick up 25 percent on that alone. Must be incredibly low info voters.

Ron Paul is a wolf in sheeps clothing.

What he proposes would put us back a hundred years - - into Tribal groups similar to the mideast.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join