It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The mechanics of how the 4th Dimension work IN RELATION to the 3rd Dimension

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The following information was sent to me (by email, not channeled
) to be shared on this site. The info is not mine but I am to forward any questions back for answers.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the mechanics of how the 4th Dimension work IN RELATION to the 3rd Dimension. i make no assupmtion to what all the 4th Dimension holds/is.

The 4th dimension is used as a catalyst to ‘jump’ from one 3rd dimension moment to the next. Because each dimension is static (including the 4th D), 4D creates a bridge-like connection to give access to other ‘locations’ in the 3rd D, and creates an illusion of ‘moving around.’ The speed to which we use this process is the speed of thought (which, as you know, when you stop and think about it is extremely fast), hence why we don’t notice it. Now because we are a very linear thinking civilization we only move in one direction with this process which creates the effect of ‘past/present/ and future’ or in more popular (although highly inaccurate terms) ‘Time.’

Now if that wasn’t enough to rock your world, let’s take this to the next level:

As we remember Doc Brown (from the Back to the Future series, specifically the part 2 movie when he is talking to Marty about the Alternate timelines in his old lab/house) time moves on an ‘X’ axis. When extenuating circumstances happen we are able to use a ‘Y’ axis, creating an ‘Alt’ timeline (like when future Biff gave the book to past Biff) but then moving along an X axis thereafter. Now I want to challenge this ‘viewpoint’ and more it more forward to the present moment of Now. I challenge that each moment we are moving along BOTH Y and X axis’s at relatively equal speeds and distances, by the choices we make in the current moment. So in essence each choice we make (which has an ‘infinite number possibilities’) creates something like a Heart rate monitor pattern or a seismometer style pattern tipped on its side.

Now let’s take this even further: let’s say that the Dimensions are stacked like a hierarchy/ladder; 1st D is a point (.), 2D is a line (---), 3D is (well you get the idea). So the 4th Dimension sits ‘on top of’/ or encompasses and then some, the 3D. So if we live in an X/Y/Z Dimension that somehow fits in the 4th Dimension, why is it that we can only travel on plane/axis? I challenge (thru unknown means at this time) that is it possible to not only go back linearly on the X axis but also the Y axis as well (think along the lines of alt timeline’s past). …And now what happens when we add the Z axis to this theory? Where can we travel then?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by proof-would-be-good

I think Carl Sagan explains what the 4th Dimension actually is much better.

edit on 13-3-2012 by nesta because: fixed link

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by nesta

Thank you Nesta. I've forwarded the video.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by proof-would-be-good
And now what happens when we add the Z axis to this theory? Where can we travel then?

We already have the Z axis.

I kind of always viewed it as.

1D is a point. X.

2D is a line connecting two points, and you can travel along it. X & Y

3D is X, Y and Z, 3 dimensions.

So, 1D is a point. 2D is a group of 1Ds (of points) joined in a line. 3D is X,Y,Z, a group of points (1Ds) and lines (2Ds) along three dimensions. So 4D would be a group of 3Ds, or a group of X,Y,Zs, connected together. So traveling through the 4th Dimension would be traveling between groups of X,Y,Z, so from one 3D realm to another. Either through time or into parallel dimensions. Parallel dimensions are different groups of XYZ.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Rukas because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

You mean TIME? THAT's the 4th dimension in the classic space-time concept. There are other approaches to defining "dimensions". Some more exotic than others. Nissim Haramein point of view at least offers some ideas to resolve the "dark matter" and Higgs Boson particls

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nesta

Is this the video you were trying to post? I'm watching it now. I've heard of Carl Sagan before (as one of the "initiated" who tried to share what he knew) and it looks great.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Star and Flag, friend, a wonderful presentation of the mechanics of it all. I am a mechanical engineer, and your thoughts fit nicely with mine.

The 4th dimension is used as a catalyst to ‘jump’ from one 3rd dimension moment to the next. Because each dimension is static (including the 4th D), 4D creates a bridge-like connection to give access to other ‘locations’ in the 3rd D, and creates an illusion of ‘moving around.’ The speed to which we use this process is the speed of thought (which, as you know, when you stop and think about it is extremely fast), hence why we don’t notice it. Now because we are a very linear thinking civilization we only move in one direction with this process which creates the effect of ‘past/present/ and future’ or in more popular (although highly inaccurate terms) ‘Time.’

I would agree, based on my own knowledge, that the dimensions are static in nature. Dynamics exist within the dimension, but the dimension itself is static. And yes, we do slip from dimension to dimension nearly every day now, and most do not notice it at all.
On the Time Factor, I do know this: You must turn right. Always turn right, and you will never turn wrong.

The dimensions also have dimensions within. Think if it as a big "X" where everything that could possible happen is contained, and life/reality is played out within an energy matrix. You are at the center of the X.

In the 4th dimension, from what I know of it, reality is different than from here. Whatever you think, becomes real, and instantly so. The 4th dimension is many things. It is a way station for Souls, a Resting Place, Purgatory, Heaven, Hell, Summerland, Valhalla. One can stay as long as one likes, and leave after the one makes peace with all mistakes, and prepares for new life on 3D Earth. The 4th dimension is a way station, a way to get to the 5th dimension. Only through the 4th can you make it to the 5th. Humanity right now is destined for life within the 5th dimension. The way is simple....just rise up when the time is right. You will know when.
Sadly, I know little about the 5th dimension, only that I once lived within. A very long time ago.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Since we already know what the first four dimensions are and how they relate to observed reality, re-definition into mumbo-jumbo really indicates that you, and the one proposing this different view do not understand it.

The first 4 dimensions are part of a mathematical topology which describes observed space and time. They are not philosophical and metaphysical concepts.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nesta

Thank you sir, I really enjoyed that video. I am a visual guy myself and I enjoyed the way the 2D 3D 4D ideas were presented.

I am only saddened that it was too short.. I will follow the origins of the video to see if there is more to it

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Thanks to everyone for your comments. They have been forwarded.

As soon as there is more information it will be posted.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Here is Stephen Hawking's perception

Stephen Hawking explains the dimensions of space and time.

Into The Universe With Stephen Hawking - Time Travel

This video belongs to Discovery Communications and is being used for educational purposes only.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rukas

Originally posted by proof-would-be-good
And now what happens when we add the Z axis to this theory? Where can we travel then?

We already have the Z axis.

I kind of always viewed it as.

1D is a point. X.

2D is a line connecting two points, and you can travel along it. X & Y

3D is X, Y and Z, 3 dimensions.

So, 1D is a point. 2D is a group of 1Ds (of points) joined in a line. 3D is X,Y,Z, a group of points (1Ds) and lines (2Ds) along three dimensions. So 4D would be a group of 3Ds, or a group of X,Y,Zs, connected together. So traveling through the 4th Dimension would be traveling between groups of X,Y,Z, so from one 3D realm to another. Either through time or into parallel dimensions. Parallel dimensions are different groups of XYZ.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Rukas because: (no reason given)

Is this for real or you doing some kind of code like the Indians could figure out> Another guy has something going on, simular to this. I just did a post on his site, only he had DNA in his stuff.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

Since we already know what the first four dimensions are and how they relate to observed reality, re-definition into mumbo-jumbo really indicates that you, and the one proposing this different view do not understand it.

The first 4 dimensions are part of a mathematical topology which describes observed space and time. They are not philosophical and metaphysical concepts.

Have you been there? You know that science once postulated that the earth was flat.

Assuming that the fourth dimension is something that we, in the third dimension, can comprehend and quantify in any way shape or form is quite presumptuous no?
edit on 13-3-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glargod

Have you been there? You know that science once postulated that the earth was flat.

Assuming that the fourth dimension is something that we, in the third dimension, can comprehend and quantify in any way shape or form is quite presumptuous no?
edit on 13-3-2012 by Glargod because: (no reason given)

You can't 'go' to an individual dimension. It is not an entire reality. Realities are multidimensional.

Most of chemistry and physics cannot exist in a single dimension.

We are not 'in' the third dimension, we can measure our world in (at least) four dimensions.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Perhaps, instead of time moving "forward," as we think as relative, time is moving "backward," and it's not "US" moving forward, it's "TIME" moving backward, so that both "X" and "Y" axes intersect?

Perhaps? Oh, why not? Tell me that's a brilliant theory!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
if the anonymous author thinks that this silly crap is "sufficiently mind blowing", he has a long long long way to go yet.

I suppose your source fashions himself as some "grand revelator"?

the leading edge of speculation of this type is well beyond a simple toke. don't cheapen it.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
It is not easy to share such thoughts. I should not have been so insulting.

reading your message just now, I remembered that I authored a thread a couple of years ago which was quite similar to your source's.

my thread, linked below, does contain a kernal of my current hypotheses which has developed significantly since then.

I do not doubt that your friend and I (and many others) are all sharing the same vision. it is my request, in not cheapening the matter, that the material is not presented as a means to " sufficiently blow minds", but rather, as genuine and legitimate discovery process.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
if the anonymous author thinks that this silly crap is "sufficiently mind blowing", he has a long long long way to go yet.

I suppose your source fashions himself as some "grand revelator"?

the leading edge of speculation of this type is well beyond a simple toke. don't cheapen it.

The genius will make a complex ideas resonate of simplicity. The fool will make the simple ideas echo with utter nonsense.

If one cannot accept the simplicity in an experience, it, by no means, does not negate it.

If one cannot submit to not understanding, one aught to ponder longer. If, still, one does not understand, one should ponder longer or no more.

We exist in three dimension, the width, the depth and the height. Time is of no consequence as there is only the NOW. The past no longer exists, and the future has not existed, only the NOW exists.

Perhaps, in the 4th dimension, we will be surfing a sea of time whereby we exist whenever we wish to. the time would always be ALWAYS.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Glargod

i agree.

but not all simple ideas are born from the seed of complexity. some are just simple (and as i said earlier, cheap).

in fact, it illuminates my primary complaint with the OP, which is severely lacking in the complexity component.

Time is of no consequence as there is only the NOW.

what a bunch of spiritualisticish bunk. time is of the highest possible consequence. in fact, consciousness (not just bio-life) itself is probably intimately linked to what we perceive as the "flow" of time.

this is so for the reason following: all levels of reality, from the highest macrocosm to the smallest microcosm do not witness the same moment of time at the same moment simultaneously.

the uncertainty of the future passes into the certainty of the present at a lag-time from highest level to smallest level. as that uncertainty passes backwards (backwards because science only accepts uncertainty as passing from the physical state, upward a.k.a "quantum uncertainty"), a tiny spark of information is passed into the moment on its way downward.

so, when a moment begins at the top, it contains no information (total uncertainty).

when a moment ends at the bottom, it contains maximum information (no uncertainty).

time, then, is an information agglomeration mechanism. notice also that consciousness, as experienced by humans, can very much be described as collection of information.

so in my view, your comment that time does not matter equates to "conscousness is of no consequence".

you contradict yourself in an attempt to sound "deep".

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

*sigh*

First, one needs to read Edwin Abbott's Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions (1884), as a primer on dimensionality.
The next logical step is probably Charles Hinton's 1880 article "What is the Fourth Dimension?" I believe Dover used to print a copy…
From there, I usually go to Rudy Rucker or Martin Gardner—The Fourth Dimension: A Guided Tour of the Higher Universes, which has a REALLY great model for visualizing the fourth dimension. (Gardner's book is simply titled The Fourth Dimension)
(Also enjoyable, Sphereland by Dionys Burger (1965) and The Planiverse by A. K. Dewdney (1984))

Once you're familiar with those, get back to us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join