It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former Detroit Public Officials Arraigned On Corruption Charges.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Finally all the investigations are starting to pay off. This news is long overdue for the people of Detroit and the surrounding communities. Now if only they could just get Kwame Kilpatrick back behind bars for a long time that would be great. It must be that they are saving the best for last and making sure that there is no screw ups.

www.freep.com...

A former city treasurer. An ex-aide to Wayne County Executive Robert Ficano. And a school official.

All three were arraigned in federal court Monday in separate public corruption cases, each accused of misusing their jobs to line their own pockets -- at the public's expense.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I would really like to see those that "serve" the public held to the same legal standard as said public. If something really goes down over this hopefully that will "serve" as a precedent and nudge some morals into office. Thanks for the post

as a matter of fact don't we have another high-ranking politician from around those parts
maybe he should be investigated also

edit on 13-3-2012 by eazyriderl_l because: add a quib

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Yup, the government in this state has got to be one of the worst around. Everywhere you look there is corruption and scandals. Now I just read that there is a documentery on the life of Kwame Kilpatrick coming out. I'm sure he will collect all the profits from that and still cry about how he can only pay $6 a month on his $1 million restitution payments to the city of Detroit.

new topics

join