It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire town of Buford, Wyo., for sale by sole resident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Entire town of Buford, Wyo., for sale by sole resident

news.yahoo.com...

If you've got a spare $100,000, you could potentially become the owner of a small Wyoming town that's set to be auctioned off next month by its sole resident.

After more than 30 years of residing in the unincorporated community, town "mayor" Don Sammons says it's finally time to move on.

"Don, 'The Mayor', is retiring after 20 wonderful years in his town," Sammons writes on the website for his business, the Buford Trading Post, a gas station and store. "This entire, income producing, town is for sale; the house, the Trading Post, the former school house, along with all the history of this very unique place."

Great news for survivalists, privacy lovers, leave-me-aloners, hard-core ruralists, go-your-own-way-ers, and general cranks, kooks, and misfits: In other words, people like you and me!

You'll even get your very own Zip code!
edit on 3/13/12 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Lets pool our money and start a cult

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Some affluent member of ATS should start a revolutionary community here!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gadaffy

So the government can invade us for our differing beliefs, seeds, and gold? I think not

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gadaffy
Some affluent member of ATS should start a revolutionary community here!

No offense, but I'd rather take people from this forum if I was planning to say bye to the world and start a cult/family/group/idk what.

ATS is great and all but...

edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: Removed link from generic modelling site forum, googled it quickly, found it kinda creepy afterward.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
As long as we're simply establishing a growing community within the state appearing as law abiding citizens - stockpiling supplies as we see fit - and doing everything under their radar then what reason would TPTB have to invade or imprison us? The first thing that came to mind for me was, "How much are the monthly payments?".

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by claireaudient
As long as we're simply establishing a growing community within the state appearing as law abiding citizens - stockpiling supplies as we see fit - and doing everything under their radar then what reason would TPTB have to invade or imprison us?

I dunno man, ask Randy Weaver or the people at Waco...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

First things first & it's a minor detail...I'm not a man

Moving on....David Koresh & his followers dealt in illegal firearms sales - selling the wrong things to the wrong people. THAT'S where he got busted. The manner in which it was handled, from both sides, left a lot to be desired.
If those who chose to settle in the aforementioned town in WY worked for the town outpost or drove to a neighboring town for employment, keeping up the appearances of productive members of society then there's very little risk. Between everyone involved stockpiling dried & canned goods, combined weapons - &, if necessary, purchasing a single firearm at a time - buying rounds every pay day (and not everyone gets paid on the 1st and the 15th or bi-weekly). There's NOTHING illegal in any of this. Hell, there's a TV show about survivalists now! How many of us would actually be in on this? Between my fiancee & I we're looking at the 2 of us, 8 boys (yes, I have 4 boys as does he, all old enough, willing & capable of utilizing a firearm), & 1 wife - so there's 11. I'm a farm kid & have raised my boys knowing how to grow what they may need to survive. He's a survivalist as are so many here. He was a corpsman in the Army, I'm a medical assistant, when push comes to shove we combine resources, work together & do what has to be done to survive!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Believe it or not... I've been there.

If you move there, you better have your stuff together because there ain't a damn thing out there.

We were there in the summer and it looks just like a movire set for some of the classic westerns... We played Aarron Copeland's Rodeo and I kept waiting for John Wayne to show up.

If you want seclusion... go for it. It is tooo cold there in winter for me... plus it is a long drive to the Outer Banks of NC.

But, if a self sufficient lifestyle with isolation and the occassional drifter/ customer is what you want...here it is.

posted on Apr, 5 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Update. Looks like Buford has some new residents/owners:

A town advertised as the smallest in the United States has sold at auction for $900,000.

Buford, Wyo., is located between Cheyenne and Laramie in southeast Wyoming. Two unidentified Vietnamese men placed the winning bid for the town on Thursday.

As owners of the town along Interstate 80, they will get a gas station and convenience store, a schoolhouse from 1905, a cabin, a garage, 10 acres of land, and a three-bedroom home.

The town has had just one inhabitant, Don Sammons. He plans to retire from his unofficial title as "mayor" of the unincorporated community and managing his businesses, and move on.

Source:
www.foxnews.com...

new topics

top topics

join