It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death- sketch I did for my next art piece.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Hey ats, I wont expand too much on the subject matter, but I am doing a large scale drawing on the subject of life and death, destruction and creation etc. With an emphasis on the wholeness of the two in our existence. Here is the study- pre sketch for the death character, the life character will be fat, female, pregnant, beautiful, pure to contrast everything you see in this sketch, enjoy, and comments are welcome. eg. "It looks like hes a stripper on the pole" courtesy of the honest girlfriend lol.

Its done in Verithin pencil on paper.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Wow, that is pure crap....

J/k it is totally awesome. Well done.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by goochball

lawls

thanks, its just a presketch so it will be reworked in the final copy, and he will be towering over a destroyed modern landscape before meeting his opposite

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Very unique and not what I had pictured in my mind at all upon seeing the thread title.

Great piece of artwork!

S&F

Warm regards

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
A few more of my old threads for anyone who wants to look

the seeker
Aging art
a burst of creativity

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think it looks good, stomach looks like motorcycle helmet.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Nice, you've given a whole new look at death. l'm thinking, "Does death like to drink Budweiser? Because he's looks me like he's saying 'wassssssssssup!' "

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

lol see I'm glad you told me that, I wouldn't see it otherwise. Its meant to be hollow and empty, i'm not rendering from a model so I basically feel my ribs and draw, then feel the pelvis and draw trying to make it 3Dproper.

It will have a background so you will see through him and hopefully not look like a helmet

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

oh no does it look like his tongue and not his chin!?

Maybe I shouldn't have made this thread lol

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by el1jah
reply to post by satron

oh no does it look like his tongue and not his chin!?

Maybe I shouldn't have made this thread lol

I didn't think that, but now that you mention it... LOL

No, it's good.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

I recognized it as a chin

And I still cannot see it as a tongue, even after you have mentioned it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Hey, that is a real nice piece of work. I get a little lost in the details and small stuff and how you made depth work for the side of the rib cage, among other areas, is quite good. I think my classes are teaching me enough this semester to identify what is good in examples and bad in my own. When I get to the point where I can create something of that type, I'll really feel this tuition cost has been well spent.
Great Art!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What sort of program are you in? I spent a year in university for art it was divided into Graphic design or Traditional art, although the first year was basically the same so students had the option of switching programs the second year. ( I did graphic design- and hated it- oh Helvetica how you tormented me so! they made us draw by hand 30-40 pages of different fonts.... I left the second week of my 2nd year)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by GreenEyedVixen

Thats a relief thankyou lol. I did try to make death look more like a diety rather than the old skull face under a hood. I might go so far as leaving his face completely black with only his eyes showing. Usually hes all mysterious and no personality... booring

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
OP it's real nice, but I am guessing you are like me and afraid you can't do the face to well, hence why you went for the symmetrical but easy alternative, please give it a go and draw the face in he same semi skeletal form, you may surprise yourself with what you can do, and please post it.

Regards FK.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Nice work mate: )

Ever thought of designing a Tarot pack?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by el1jah

them finishd peices and sectces int the links you gave are v good, you be posting update's as this comes along?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Another excellent work here my friend. I was such a big fan of The Seeker...glad to see what you're doing now. Peace...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

I'll post the final piece, I forgot to add a link to a more recent work I did I'll put up a photo its where my avatar came from

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by BBobb

Thanks dude, I never did post the final copy from that sketch. Here is the painting I did, the photo is terrible but you get the picture

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join