It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by PaxVeritas
I'm a business owner in Los Angeles.
I'll tell you the straight facts of what I see going on.
1) The number of receipts for business is going missing (unreported) because many here are fighting the local and Federal Government by hiding/lying about earnings altogether. The estimated "underground" economy (Illegal Immigrants) in Los Angeles County alone is staggering.
2) Other business owners are working and paying off the books. It's easy to hide and not regulated or audited.
3) High taxes, rents, overhead. Cost of 'doing business" here is unfair. yet the politicians here spend all of our money on public works and sectors.
4) Want a job here? Go PUBLIC. Work for the City, the State, the County. More and more are doing so, which means tax money for the Machine, and none to save.
5) Neighborhoods are falling apart. Which means customers with no money, downgrading in property values, and crime...all which are no good for business or ownership.
6) The Franchise Tax Board here is hostile to any business owner showing a profit. I've seen it first hand. It's like they HATE you if you succeed. The more you succeed the more they come after you until being John Q Citizen and honest at the game proves illogical. So you move out and take your innovation and skills elsewhere.