It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Behold: A God of the guitar

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Hi to all contributors in this great thread, thanks for starting it!
S&F for you.
I listened to all the pieces and for me there was only one outstanding: John Butler.
All the rest have an outstanding technique but sound a bit mechanical, or show-off.
John Butler sounds great, natural and very musical to me.

edit on 14/3/12 by Pokoia because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
not my favorite but i recognize the godliness

my favorite!!!

who cares about godliness,,, django speaks to me with his guitar with his holy spirit as if i were his best friend..

my other favorite guitarist

edit on 14-3-2012 by ImaFungi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
He is Good... S&F

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
The Django post reminded me that no one has posted Robert Johnson. For anyone who doesn't know his story, he is the King of Mississippi Delta Blues. Legend has it he sold his soul to the Devil at a crossroad near Dockery Plantation at midnight. It is also rumored that he dropped people to their knees in tears when he played. He died at 27, making his impact on music even more incredible. It's worth researching if your interested, and is still a very open subject as his life was poorly documented. There's a large foundation dedicated to researching his life, and a few people that knew him are still alive.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by FelixFelicis

I grew up listening to Robert Johnson (maybe we need Ry Cooder in here too?) even though the recordings of him are so poor and deteriorated they just oooze the blues! Also, Losing You has been a favourite of mine for the last year or so! So I tip my hat to your music taste! I'll add some more of my favourites shortly, just some bills to sort out first!

Also, that ^ Jon Gomm song above (excellent btw), the talent to play and get the tuning spot on! Maddening! It takes me 10 minutes to tune my damn guitars!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:54 PM
link   

this song is one of around 27 songs on the voyager spacecraft ( im guessing in case aliens find) and the other songs are of like beethoven,bach, mozart, etc.... thought that was pretty awesome.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Qumulys

Thanks for the compliment! I listen to a huge variety of genres, and my girlfriend only likes a couple of the bands I do, so its nice to share with people like you. On a side note, I've been on a Hall and Oates kick lately. I don't know what the general consensus is about them because I'm only 20, but I've been belting there stuff in the car lately...feels like a guilty pleasure.
Oh and I haven't gotten the cool, casual, timely tuning down either.

<< 1   >>

join