It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suspicious call

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
He said he rents from the person that received the call. If you put that address on anything then the info is out there for someone to find. The same thing happened to me it's not a huge conspiracy and it's not anything to get worked up over. Good grief people get a grip.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

Depending on the circumstances... it can fall under borderline stalking. Seriously.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilverStarGazer
He said he rents from the person that received the call. If you put that address on anything then the info is out there for someone to find. The same thing happened to me it's not a huge conspiracy and it's not anything to get worked up over. Good grief people get a grip.

From the original OP:

Mind you, all my numbers are with my cell phone. I am in no way related to my back neigbor, nor the family i rent the house from.

He said no such thing.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
Possibly a debt collector looking for a relative of yours. There are several ways to
get an address and addresses / phone numbers of neighbors.

That is illegal now do to FDCPA laws. So asking something like that from a debt collector is against the law and could resault in a major fine. I work in that industry unfortantly...

-SAP-

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I work in the industry as well.

Public records are fair game. Lots of info can be obtained very easily.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I work in the industry as well.

Public records are fair game. Lots of info can be obtained very easily.

Hmm maybe that is just in Minnesota that its illegal then. My boss told me it was illegal at least...Who really knows FDCPA laws are so vauge and change all the time...

-SAP-

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join