It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington lobbyists talk about the incorruptibility of Ron Paul.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs
I've got nothing but respect for Ron Paul as a human, and as a man of incorruptible moral character.

I just do not agree with his ideas.

I would rather vote for someone that I agree with 50% of the time, than someone I agree with 0% of the time.

So you disagree with his idea that we should be of incorruptible moral character then if you agree with him 0% of the time?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Let's not beat ourselves up over the deserving the government we have thing since it's pretty clear vote manipulation is at play all over the country.

There are 2 Ron Paul signs in my town. I see them and just feel sad for us all. Santorum inexplicably won my state, I've never heard anyone around here able to pronounce his name correctly.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Pilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

I wish I could give you a year's worth of stars for that..... and I'm right there with you. If he gets in he needs private individuals (like a lot on here) to be his defense and definitely NOTHING from existing government!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by Furbs
I've got nothing but respect for Ron Paul as a human, and as a man of incorruptible moral character.

I just do not agree with his ideas.

I would rather vote for someone that I agree with 50% of the time, than someone I agree with 0% of the time.

So you disagree with his idea that we should be of incorruptible moral character then if you agree with him 0% of the time?

Do you know the difference between politics and rhetoric? My guess is no.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
This thread is so true that the anti-Paul crowd is absent to say otherwise. RP is pure, and has exercised his consistency in Congress for a very long time. Very good post

Can't corrupt someone, who is already trying to stop corruption...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by literofcola
Why would anybody not vote for this guy? I mean when you're electing a president you need to hugely take into account his morals and character. This is the only man in politics that actually seems like a good guy. Vote for him just because of that. The President is a talking head anyway. If you don't like some of his ideas, and a majority of people agree with you, guess what you can change that. The People need to control what goes through Congress. The President should be a honest noble leader who performs the will of the people to his ability. In fact, I've always had in mind a government/ congress that is one step ahead of the people; that is listening to the public. Before we have to bring the issues up to them, they are already addressing it and going through scenarios. That is the way it should be. You people who disagree with some of what Ron Paul says, don't you think out of all the other candidates he would be the most willing to listen to the public? You gotta start somewhere.. An honest president will do for me. I don't know if it works like that, but in a perfect world

The irony is people who arent voting for him think he's bought like romney and santorum, so they would rather just vote for Obama again. Emphasize "uneducated" masses

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
You all talk about vote fraud, so guys, why do you not protest it? Go to the streets ffs, organise. Look how russians did it... they got their attention atleast...
Ron Paul has very smart, young and organised supporters. So why not organise using social networks or so and try to get some attention with satirical signs questioning the voting process? AFAIK voting fraud was also reported in 2008 primaries. So do something or stop crying already...

p.s. I'm from EU. And watching this from the side makes me sick. It's like you all are trapped in some f**ed up dream, you know... the one you are struggling to resist but nothing is working...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by gmacev

as george carlin said regarding the american dream 'you have to be asleep to believe in it'

that being said it's not like Europe doesnt have it's own huge problems of its own
thats where this mess of a system came from in the first place
all countries have their problems, all people are united in the struggle

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by gmacev

I can't see people protesting at all.
You only have to look at the recent Bills that have been passed.
Why haven't the American people been out in the streets over them ?

In my opinion, the criminal media have kept quiet on all of these issues.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Star for you op, kind of hard to say, we have no Republican canidate to vote on, when Paul stares us back in the face and says, "pick me, pick me", I am not owned by anyone except my own consciousness. But hell them type of men are always double tapped and thrown out of a building, and labeled suicide, so why vote for him

I did, and will

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Unfortunately, New Jersey doesn't have a primary until June I believe. I doubt we will have any influence on who the GOP candidate is. Still, I'll show up and vote for Paul like I did back in 2008 because he's the only decent GOP candidate there is. It's my opinion that the GOP has no intention of trying to win this upcoming election. They don't expect to win, they don't plan to win, and they aren't going to waste and republican "talent" on such an election. Why do you think Chris Christie has no intention of running? Some might suggest he wants to stick around here for another term in NJ. To that I say, "Yeah right."
edit on 14-3-2012 by grimreaper797 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Some Americans may find this offensive

Ron Paul is America's only hope to survive.
This is no-longer just an American issue since Globalists DO EXIST period.

Considering the effectiveness of that KONY campaign that is running, The entire planet needs to band together and get this guy in power.

For everyone's well-being not just the States.

We must move swiftly, ANYONE with people in ANY MILITARY in the world should echo such thoughts..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Well, next to the current batch of candidates, thats not saying much.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Though I don't agree with everything RP says, I am thoroughly disappointed and, frankly, disgusted at the ridicule he receives. Clearly, Dr. Paul is the most honest and dignified member of our elected government. His record clearly shows his level of honesty; and, that he is not for sale. But, honesty and true statesmanship seems to take a back seat to cleverly concocted rhetoric and towing the facade of BS that covers just about everything from "jobs" to foreign policy while behind the scenes, play the money game to cater to the "club". RP dares to stand and talk about facts as opposed to echoing sound bites, cliches, and cater to the lobbies. Strangely enough, "facts" are a dying breed. If the Media doesn't shove it down our collective throats, then it must not be factual or existent, therefore, our brainwashed and conditioned society cannot understand someone like RP; he is quickly relegated to "kookdome" or nuttiness because he speaks outside of our media programming. Very depressing, imo.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by gmacev
(snip).......

p.s. I'm from EU. And watching this from the side makes me sick. It's like you all are trapped in some f**ed up dream, you know... the one you are struggling to resist but nothing is working...

Yes, here in US of A, everyday I feel like I'm trapped in a f**** up dream. Most everyone around.....and I also mean people I care about such as family, etc, are like freaking robots. The vibe in the air is: if you ask too many questions or raise doubts about what the news says, you're a freaking conspiracy theorist. That....to me is social engineering at its finest. We have all been finely engineered to conform out of peer pressure, ignorance, or are just too preoccupied with trivial crap like pop culture, trends, or sports, etc.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
Good videos.

Shared the 2nd one to a few people.

I love how a top lobbiest is saying that he is the only one (well implies only one) who you could not be lobbied with. That right there should ring the alarm bells of anyone who thinks America is a democracy.

Corporatocracy is a better word for what the United States government currently is.
edit on 13/3/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/3/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

Lobbyists once had a valid purpose; to keep our representatives informed of issues they know nothing about. When a law is changed or created that affects an entire industry, the typical politician has no clue to what degree it will affect said industry or other sectors. The original intent of the lobbyist was a good one. Unfortunately, the real problem is with officials accepting "payola" from lobbyists in the form of campaign contributions, etc. There is nothing inherently wrong with a lobbyist changing a politician's mind on an issue if it's for the right reasons, unfortunately, that is no longer the case. Politicians don't give a rats ass of how their votes will affect their constituents, they just want the votes and palm-greasing.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
The rest of you can think what you like, but I'm still deeply skeptical about Ron Paul.

The sort of politics which founded the Republic, have been sidelined for decades in American politics, and yet a man who espouses them rises to prominence, right when said Republic is on death's door?

It's a little too poetic, if you ask me. It sounds exactly like the sort of thing you'd see in some Hollywood script.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Ron Paul is corruptible, actually I would say hes already corrupt. Dont you know who contributes to his campaign or how about his ties? And hes overtly racists statements in that newsletter? If you people can be fooled by Paul there is no hope for you...ever.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

If you people can be fooled by Paul there is no hope for you...ever.

I can say the same for whomever you think is the better candidate. The way I see it, I can have no hope for you, if you think the other 3 candidates or Obama is better...

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I will still write him in.

Hes my President.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join