It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington lobbyists talk about the incorruptibility of Ron Paul.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

From the second video:

"Unfortunately he's so rare....He's the kind of Congressman (President) who the Founders had in mind when this country was founded".

Until Americans take some responsibility for our actions and stop allowing ourselves to be brainwashed by the pundits and media, I suppose we deserve the type of government that we have...

edit on 13-3-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Good videos.

Shared the 2nd one to a few people.

I love how a top lobbiest is saying that he is the only one (well implies only one) who you could not be lobbied with. That right there should ring the alarm bells of anyone who thinks America is a democracy.

Corporatocracy is a better word for what the United States government currently is.
edit on 13/3/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

edit on 13/3/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WiseThinker

So true. How can anyone dispute the incredible moral fiber of this man?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

Until Americans take some responsibility for our actions and stop allowing ourselves to be brainwashed by the pundits and media, I suppose we deserve the type of government that we have...

The first video was priceless. Basically he was saying smugly, well, Ron Paul can't be influenced so why would anyone want him there?

And he fully says it like it is a bad thing.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Imagine that, a Congressman that can't be bought, one who has his own principals and sticks to them. What kind of government is that?!?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
at least they admit hes honest but thats why they wont let him win.but im voying for him anyways.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Why would anybody not vote for this guy? I mean when you're electing a president you need to hugely take into account his morals and character. This is the only man in politics that actually seems like a good guy. Vote for him just because of that. The President is a talking head anyway. If you don't like some of his ideas, and a majority of people agree with you, guess what you can change that. The People need to control what goes through Congress. The President should be a honest noble leader who performs the will of the people to his ability. In fact, I've always had in mind a government/ congress that is one step ahead of the people; that is listening to the public. Before we have to bring the issues up to them, they are already addressing it and going through scenarios. That is the way it should be. You people who disagree with some of what Ron Paul says, don't you think out of all the other candidates he would be the most willing to listen to the public? You gotta start somewhere.. An honest president will do for me. I don't know if it works like that, but in a perfect world

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Nice. What I get form this is that the difference between Ron Paul and the rest of Congress is that Ron Paul can't be bribed.

People ask me why I support Ron Paul, then argue with every point I make on non-intervention, sound money and responsible spending. This is now going to be my reply: "I support Ron Paul because, according to lobbyists, he is the only congressman that cannot be bought."

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hahaha to hear Abramoff saying Ron is incorruptible is very priceless

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
This guy is the epitome of what Congress men/women should be.
I am going to post your quote again, in case members don't read it...

A former lobbyist is saying this in a phone interview from the last video:

"Unfortunately he's so rare....He's the kind of Congressman (President) who the Founders had in mind when this country was founded".

Unbelievable that he is the only true patriot in CONgress.
Words can't express what we should be doing right now.
WE the people should outlaw lobbyists'.

Period.

Money is what gets bills passed and Presidents elected.
Not integrity.

It should be the exact opposite.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Incorruptibility. And people wonder why I would take a bullet for the man...

Ron Paul is this country's only hope. If he doesn't get elected, we can all put our head between our knees and kiss our collective asses goodbye; or welcome the new Tyranny with open arms. You choose.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

"Ron Paul can't be bought!"

This is why the GOP will not choose him, why the media blocks or down plays him and why TPTB are affraid of him. However, because the tricks they use to push him in the background is becoming so obvious, it's actually showing their hand and how corrupt they really are.

Sure, I wish Ron Paul would become President, but it's his message and him leading by example that really matter to our future and guess what....many of our younger generation are listening and learning from this man!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm not sure what else Ron Paul has to do to convince people he is who he says he is. Agree with him or not you have to admit there is nobody like him and could you imagine the complete travesty congress would be without him?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
To the OP great thread and beautiful videos as they say it all, when you really digest what the videos say you almost want to regurgitate right away.

Something here has got to give and I (personally) that it is the media first followed very closely by the Lobbyists which means the corporations.

S&F and I hope this one stays on the front page for as long as possible.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

edit on 13-3-2012 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

I totally agree with this statement, until America wake up and realise " THIS " problem then the USA have no chance at all in empowering the elite.... the F$£&ers they are.

Meh, makes me mad.

Be safe be well, love and loved.

Spiro

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Didn't need a lobbyist to tell me something I already know. This is why I respect the man and the reason I registered as republician during the 2007 primary to vote for him. I am not republician btw

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to Abramoff, Ron Paul even voted against appropriations for his own district when he felt they were the wrong thing to spend money on at the time. That is rare. The Republican establishment have got to keep news of this guy from getting out to the public . . .and that's what they have been doing.

Ron Paul will not be elected President, but America has woken up. One of Ron Paul's disciples will be elected eventually.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I've got nothing but respect for Ron Paul as a human, and as a man of incorruptible moral character.

I just do not agree with his ideas.

I would rather vote for someone that I agree with 50% of the time, than someone I agree with 0% of the time.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Some of us have known for at least 20 years that Dr Paul is the only member of Congress that can't be bought.

It's amazing that the American public allows "lobbying" on Capitol Hill, Lobbying is corporate and special interest bribery, nothing more.

It's amazing that the US Government can call out other Governments for being corrupt, when they are the most corrupt Goverment on the planet.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Damn, makes you wonder what kind of America it would be in 2012 had there been more congressmen like Ron Paul. I shutter to think of what the next twenty years will be like as more and more of these elected officials take bribes from the corporations. We are loosing our quality of life at an alarming rate, considering it took 5 million years to reach this pinnacle of humanity. In the coming decades we could slide backwards.

Please, we need more honest politicians, that's our only hope.
edit on 14-3-2012 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join