It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CBO: Obamacare to cost $1.76 trillion over 10 yrs(double Obama's esitmate)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eurisko2012

Originally posted by hp1229

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by roaland

Look no system is perfect but we have to try and make them as cost effective as possible. I can only talk as a person from the UK so we have no state laws our laws cover the whole UK.

edit on 13-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

UK is a very small country compared to US both geographical size and population. How can you possibly compare UK system vs US? And what about Sarah Palin? You can't even vote for her how do you justify if she is right or wrong for US?

Gov. Sarah Palin will show up during the brokered convention.
She looked great during her movie The Undefeated.
Elected twice as major of Wasilla.
Elected Governor of Alaska. Succeeded in forcing the oil companies to drill
and create jobs in Point Thompson, Alaska.
Then she got the natural gas deal done also.
She also threw out the CBC.

Unfortunately the media wouldn't focus on it. That is the bad part.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

reply to post by hp1229

She is wrong for humanity not just the UK or the US
the same for one of our ex MP's Lembit Opik (although he did marry one of the cheeky girls)
edit on 14-3-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

And what makes you say that about Palin?

Any particular evidence or link?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What about the 16 trillion (in some estimates more than 20 trillion) dollars that went to bailouts? 1.76 trillion over 10 years is certainly a lot of money, but how much did the war in Iraq and Afghan cost us in 11 years? About the same amount of money. Now lets get back to the bailouts, 16 trillion dollars paid out in 2 years or so versus 1.76 trillion in 10 years. Where is the outrage in that? Why are we talking about food stamps and welfare which in 50 years wouldn't reach 16 trillion dollars but no outrage over banks (national and international) and certain industries receiving this gross amount of money that when broken down could have given every human being in this country over 100,000 dollars each?
edit on 14-3-2012 by Chewingonmushrooms because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chewingonmushrooms
What about the 16 trillion (in some estimates more than 20 trillion) dollars that went to bailouts? 1.76 trillion over 10 years is certainly a lot of money, but how much did the war in Iraq and Afghan cost us in 11 years? About the same amount of money. Now lets get back to the bailouts, 16 trillion dollars paid out in 2 years or so versus 1.76 trillion in 10 years. Where is the outrage in that? Why are we talking about food stamps and welfare which in 50 years wouldn't reach 16 trillion dollars but no outrage over banks (national and international) and certain industries receiving this gross amount of money that when broken down could have given every human being in this country over 100,000 dollars each?

Good idea. You can't win the argument about skyrocketing ObamaCare costs so.....

no problem.....change the game and talk about the bailouts.

BTW, the banks paid back their TARP money WITH interest. They didn't like the

strings attached.

We even got some money back from AIG.

Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac are the big black holes that need to go away.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It gets even better. This issue was debated before it was signed ... Get ready for it...

The CBO also estimates that by 2016 4 million fewer people will be getting insurance through their employers.

Again, this number has increased by 3 MILLION from the original estimate of 1 million!!

It was all part of the sales pitch. Imagine buying a car and receiving additional bills in the mail for new fees and options that weren't included in the price when you bought it. Surprise!

Just a sales pitch

The estimate is a vast increase from the CBO prediction just a year ago that 1 million would no longer obtain coverage from their employers. And it raises substantial questions about the veracity of one of Obama’s key pledges in selling the health care law – that everyone who wants to keep their current health insurance plan and doctor could do it.

It’s not clear how many of the 4 million would be forced out as a result of employers dropping coverage. But it can be assumed that many will indeed lose their insurance and have to seek it elsewhere, since few people would seem likely to intentionally abandon coverage provided by an employer.

And many employers have already indicated that they would rather drop coverage and incur fees from the government than continue to provide it.

Just another uncertainty. Uncertainty leads to instability.

www.whitehousedossier.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Hey its only my views having seen Nick Broomfields sarah palin documentary, the TV movie Game Change (wow really good McCain came across as a stand up guy).
So having read about her and listened to what her ex work pals think of her she comes across as a stubborn,power hungry,Un-educated, Vindictive, nutjob.
Hey I bet she is a really nice person but people like her shouldn't be in office she told lies to the press, abused her power for her own ends and Iam so glad McCain never got in..not because of him because she may have become the President and with her at the controls I fear she would have blown us all to kingdom come.
Like I said only my views.
But this is OT.
Like the poster above said 1.7 trillion does seem like small change considering how much you all owe anyway. Heck If I had a plan to solve it I would tell you but I don't. (Wish I had)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Believe what you saw in biased HBO mocumentary?? Perhaps you should learn more about Palin by checking some independent sources rather than a Hollywood Production.

Why is everyone so afraid of Palin? She is not even a candidate. They are shaking in the boots if she is picked for VP. Too funny! They've been trying to slam her for 4 years and she only gets more popular. !!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Not entirely no, like I said I have seen other things about her not just that, like many people in the world I didn't know about her until she got the VP thing and have followed and read about her and I have to come to my conclusion about her.
You may disagree with my views but like I said it is my opinion and unless I meet her and spend time with her Iam not gonna change them.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Good idea. You can't win the argument about skyrocketing ObamaCare costs so.....

no problem.....change the game and talk about the bailouts.

BTW, the banks paid back their TARP money WITH interest. They didn't like the

strings attached.

We even got some money back from AIG.

Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac are the big black holes that need to go away.

Personally I am not trying to win any argument, because I don't agree with Obamacare, nor do I even like Obama (didn't vote for him). My "beef" comes with people arguing about scraps for partisan points while completely ignoring the main course.

Also do you have links proving that ALL or the MAJORITY of the bailouts (both bailouts not just TARP) returned 16 trillion dollar lent out (which itself was loaned out from the FED with interest)?

Or better put, what was the actual amount or % of the money returned?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
reply to post by boymonkey74

Believe what you saw in biased HBO mocumentary?? Perhaps you should learn more about Palin by checking some independent sources rather than a Hollywood Production.

Why is everyone so afraid of Palin? She is not even a candidate. They are shaking in the boots if she is picked for VP. Too funny! They've been trying to slam her for 4 years and she only gets more popular. !!

The reelz network channel 161 for Comcast showed The Undefeated.

It was labeled a - documentary -.

Palin elected twice mayor or Wasilla. Then got elected Governor of Alaska and got

something accomplished that had not been done in 30 years!

She forced ExxonMobil to develop Point Thompson, Alaska. Great movie!

Game Change is an HBO hatchet job based on a false narrative.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

The big banks paid back their TARP ASAP. They HATED the strings attached.

Wells Fargo didn't want the money in the first place!!!

They were forced into a room and told " You're not leaving here until you sign this

and take the $25 Billion."

--------
Now the big banks can go run and play again.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

The thing is that we are talking about trillions here, insane amounts of money. The bailout amounts shown on the MSM is cookie crumbs compared to the actual number lent and given out, which is never reported. How does that amount of money simply disappear? Unless the 16 trillion dollar amount is fabricated.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

Not entirely no, like I said I have seen other things about her not just that, like many people in the world I didn't know about her until she got the VP thing and have followed and read about her and I have to come to my conclusion about her.
You may disagree with my views but like I said it is my opinion and unless I meet her and spend time with her Iam not gonna change them.

You're entitled to your opinion but Palin accomplished far more in her career than Obama ever did while a US Senator and a State Senator. The man voted "Present" (neither yes or no) more times than he actually voted for or against something. That's it!! He sponsored 137 bills during his term in the US Senate and only 2 became law and I don't believe he authored any.

Palin made drastic changes for the better during her terms of mayor and Governor.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

and that is just the cost of the management not treating the sick or dying, here is an example one parson need's dental work @$1,200 per tooth not including the dentures or implants, the 1,200 covers X ray extraction, if all goes well , no surgery, add an other 750 per tooth if surgery is needed, as far as the dent can tell there are 7 that need such removal. Now how much does the person need to have this done , nothing to10% of the total cost so lets add up this one med bill

1,200 +750*7=$6450, out the patients pocket 10% $645, now sense the patient can not cover the 10% er $645, the state er fed will pick up all but $145 , now who pays the rest of it, thank you wall street, the man in the bank,the parks dept worker, the mail person for paying to have my yes my teeth fixed, when Obama care goes in to effect.

PCN has not covered me (that is the state med ins, yep i get foody stamps er EBT ), yes i work but am not covered , can not afford a sept med bill, Ins. bill.

Now one of two things will happen all my teeth will fall out , or kill me from infection, so far the falling out, (speaking of... an other one out), will be first all but the 7 that will need to come out by surgery, roots grown under my jaw bone, now I have seen tom hanks take a skate and do tooth extraction, Hollywood yes but when in pain... if it can be done in make believe why not in real life, desperate times call for desperate measures. Not that I would use a skate, but chisel perhaps.

Now would i let others pay for my bill , food is one thing, but having pearly whites is an other , so no I would not let any one pay for my teeth, after all it is my own fault.

edit on 14-3-2012 by bekod because: editing

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

You're entitled to your opinion but Palin accomplished far more in her career than Obama ever did while a US Senator and a State Senator. The man voted "Present" (neither yes or no) more times than he actually voted for or against something. That's it!! He sponsored 137 bills during his term in the US Senate and only 2 became law and I don't believe he authored any.

Palin made drastic changes for the better during her terms of mayor and Governor.

In the movie The Undefeated, Sarah Palin was hit with 16 ethic charges.

All 16 were found to be baseless. They didn't care. The goal was to drain her bank

account. It worked. Sarah was forced to resign as governor. Then she wrote her book

Going Rogue and made around $12 million. She paid off all of her legal bills and the

rest you already know.
------
BTW, Obama is attacking Palin with an ad right now.

She's not even running. Team Obama fears Sarah.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

reply to post by Eurisko2012

The thing is that we are talking about trillions here, insane amounts of money. The bailout amounts shown on the MSM is cookie crumbs compared to the actual number lent and given out, which is never reported. How does that amount of money simply disappear? Unless the 16 trillion dollar amount is fabricated.

Who knows???

The Federal Reserve is out of control. The general public does not know the true numbers.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

reply to post by jibeho

In the movie The Undefeated, Sarah Palin was hit with 16 ethic charges.
All 16 were found to be baseless. They didn't care. The goal was to drain her bank
account. It worked. Sarah was forced to resign as governor. Then she wrote her book
Going Rogue and made around $12 million. She paid off all of her legal bills and the
rest you already know.
------
BTW, Obama is attacking Palin with an ad right now.

She's not even running. Team Obama fears Sarah.

edit on 14-3-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

Amazing a minority president afraid of another minority (Woman)

BHO was the first minority president, I'm sure we will definitely see a Woman president someday soon.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chewingonmushrooms

Now lets get back to the bailouts, 16 trillion dollars paid out in 2 years or so versus 1.76 trillion in 10 years. Where is the outrage in that?

Do an ATS search on the bail out bill. You will find 10 pages of outrage to choose from. You have to reach a point where you take all your anger and throw it in the trash can or it eats away at you and changes you for the worst.

If you want, you can pick that outrage right back up when you go write your legislators or go to vote.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Private Health insurance cost over 2 Trillion

A year

Duuurrr

Urrr

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join