It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen charged over Facebook post on UK soldiers killed in Afghanistan#

page: 13
<< 10  11  12   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Maponos

In total agreement, copyright charges are retarded as well. The only reason that gets the attention it does, is because a lot of money is tossed at politicians for it. Why other countries extradite for that, I have no idea.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SashaHighkick
reply to post by Maponos

The only "racial hatred" I saw was aimed at Azhar Ahmed, and some of it by members of your own army.
I imagine the US government would tell the british government to shove it, if they asked to extradite on such a weak and retarded charge

The only "racial hatred" I saw was aimed at Azhar Ahmed, and some of it by members of your own army.

He still "incited" it though

I imagine the US government would tell the british government to shove it, if they asked to extradite on such a weak and retarded charge

The extradition treaty between the US and UK is unfair anyway, but that's another topic.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Guy convicted for trolling

Facebook 'troll' Sean Duffy gets community service for offensive Sophie Taylor image

edit on 16-3-2012 by Maponos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by WarriorOfTheLight

Actually you are wrong in the assumption that the UK Government or the Police, with regards to shutting people up who protested against them. People whom wore T-Shirts during the Iraq war, which stated: Balls to Blair or any remarks on the T shirts which criticised Blair over the Iraq war, were forced to remove those t-shirts or face arrest. The same thing happened when there were individuals who protested, against the Government over the Iraq War, the Police arrested them numerous times to try and silence their protest. The Government at the time even brought in legislation banning protests near parliament as a result of those protests.

One thing which will come out of this, is the distinction between freedom of speech and the inciting hatred.

Human rights Lawyers will be all over this, if this teenager challenges this in the courts. Where as the Government or the P/F will milk this to the fullest.

I think the Government needs to be reminded that this country is meant to be a Democracy and not China.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
@ Sasha high kick , copyright laws and intellectual property laws protect the individual artist from theft , however only really serve to stop the middle man from losing out .

In the creative industry , it is very important so that people arent stealing one anothers work and passing it off as their own!
Thats where copyright laws should be used in their fullest

however their only concern is where copyright law is used to charge people for illegally distributing creative work without paying the middle man the distributor !

And yes , the UK is becoming very oppressive to individual rights , something our ancestors fought against the facists to protect.
People are longer educated in their own rights , and are only presumed to know their rights , if you dont know them its your own fault .
Where the police officers aka Peace officers are here to protect and maintain our rights , they are in actual fact only here to limit our rights or penalise us if we dont know them ourselves .

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Monger

Really? It is a good thing that inciting violence in the U.S.A. is not a punishable offense. The states would probably have half of their population in jail, and the correctional facilities would become even bigger business.
In my opinion the kid is entitled to his opinion and may voice it however he chooses. As far as the war on drugs being the reason why they are still occupying Afghanistan. The only way they should be in Afghanistan is with the permission of the Afghani people. The D.E.A. does not have the right to occupy another sovereign countries land without consent from that country, there should be no if’s and’s or but’s on that one. If you want to stop illegal drugs from entering your country you do it at the boarder of your country upon immigration and arrival.
In the states once their border budget reached over a billion dollars with 95% used for airport security. This seemed suspicious to a certain country and they sent members to 19 airports in the states to see if security could be breached. 19 of 19 failed needless to say the money is either not being used as said or used very poorly.
The comment about the poppy makes me laugh, as a Canadian the poem “Flanders Field” is printed on our 10$ bill. Some Canadians might remember this but there was a recall on the 10$ bills as they had printed the poem incorrectly and there for dishonouring it. I guess when you contract a German company to print the bills that might happen. The poppy is meant to be a sign of remembrance among Canadians. I was always taught to remember those who gave their lives to fight for our freedom. So here these men have so bravely given their lives for us only for us to sit idle and let everything they fought for go down the drain. Our freedoms that we are so misguided to believe we have are what these men died for. My great grandfather was one of many to die the horrible death of suffocating after mustard gas ruined his lungs in World War 1. My grandpas brother joined to fight in World War 2 and was only 16 at the time he joined. It wasn't until they went to promote him to captain that they found out he was only 18 and was just to have joined the forces.
I think this should be a big eye opener that there are horrible acts that go on during war. Soldiers kill innocent civilians which are known all too well as collateral damage, which should not be acceptable. After some soldiers have killed insurgents and civilians they have been known to; stomp, piss on, burn, cut, spit on, crush under tanks, rape and the list goes on. Granted that this comprises a small fraction of the different countries forces, yet it still does occur and a blind eye should not be turned. Should we not be focused on the mutilations going on than some words that only carry the weight and meaning you give to them?

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

Sorry, you are incorrect there. The UK is not, nor has ever been a democracy. It is a constitutional monarchy, founded in 1215 with the signing of the Magna Carta. Prior to which it was a pure Monarchy.

A "Constitutional Monarchy" is a political system where the country is ruled by a monarch, but the monarch's power is limited by a government, making the monarch little more than a figurehead.

Constitutional Monarchy

Originally, commoners in the UK didn't even have a right to vote, making it very much NOT a democracy. You have the right to vote today, only because of sufferage legislation - Bill of Rights 1689 I think, (general sufferage gave all men over the age of 18 the right to vote, and universal sufferage extended that to women).

However, because the right to vote is only a provision in law, it is theoretically possible, that said provisions can be rescinded by another act of law. This is the crucial difference between what we have in the UK, and a true democracy.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCreator

And you do???

posted on Mar, 31 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by clonebrew

Originally posted by ideasarebulletproof
Isn't it usually the "Patriotic American" Muslim bashers always spouting about freedom of speech? Well, sorry to say, this is his right to freedom of speech in the works.

You should be more angry about him being charged because of a Facebook comment than by the comment itself.

This is all a pathetic excuse to whine about Muslims in my opinion.
edit on 3/15/12 by ideasarebulletproof because: (no reason given)

Its funny to me that you took my comment as being angry, or even having any animosity of any kind.
I was simply replying to his comment "Does the UK have a Bill of Rights or Constitution?" to mean that even if they did have a bill of rights or constitution it really doesn't mean anything anymore.

And how do you come to the conclusion that I'm racist from my comment?
Wait a tic.. I don't care what you think and you cant draw me into your hate speech.

Hate speech? Did anything I say amount to hate speech? And where did I call you racist? Talk about a victim mentality.

Go put words in someones mouth that will be too stupid to realize it, because I certainly will not tolerate that.

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
to be fair, osama is dead and you're still bombing the sh-t out of them.

"We" are not bombing anyone. The American people are just as fed up with the dictators in power so let's not make a blanket statement. But if you stand up and speak out against the tyranny you're labeled a terrorist and unpatriotic. So you tell us, what would YOU do?

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Petest205

i think you ment opium and heroine as the bulk of the worlds coke has and probably always will come from Columbia and Latin America in general not Afghanistan but yeah more or less spot on on everything else still cant belive you can get arrested for an opinon on facebook but europe has different laws then we do in america

posted on Apr, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aim64C

uk does not need it they have this secure.met.police.uk... so yeah i guess they have an easy way to report people and get them in trouble i wonder how long tell this one gets abused by people with grudges but im not a uk citizen so hey if it works for them more power to it

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12   >>

join