It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lategreat Greece (Lazarus) rises from the dearly defaulted to a healthy future and current -B rating

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok, I know that finance is not my strong suit, but I am positive that four days ago Greece was declared to be in default. Doom and gloom with the dominoes all lined up ready to tumble, with Portugal lined up right behind Greece, so saith the press of the world. We need not go there, but if you care to here's the link.

Now I know “they” don't want Greece to leave the EU and cause world chaos, or perhaps more accurately, Greece would put a dent in their long term plan for all of us. But a couple of days later and Greece now has been given a -B rating and a clean bill of health? Naw, you think. Impossible.

Well call it Lazarus, yes it has! Fitch did so this afternoon.

Fitch upgrades Greek rating to B- after debt swap deal

REUTERS - Fitch lifted Greece's credit rating out of default territory on Tuesday, becoming the first major rating agency to take the widely expected move after Athens completed a debt swap that cut its debt by about 100 billion euros.

This is the first time Greece's rating has been upgraded since the debt crisis exploded at the end of 2009 and the first Fitch upgrade since 2003.

The three major rating firms have repeatedly slashed Greece's rating throughout the debt crisis, cutting it to default over the debt deal in which private bondholders lost most of their investments in Greek government bonds.

Following the debt swap deal and a new EU/IMF rescue plan, Greece's debt is expected to fall to under 120 percent of GDP in 2020 from 160 percent now.

Source

It looks like all the greek bond holders will lose out on this swap deal. I would expect that some of those investors will not be among the thrilled, to say the least. Could all this crooked behind the scenes pressure dealing topped by newly angered investors be the cause of all the bank resignations?
edit on 13-3-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well intelligent people know otherwise. Greece has a huge GDP problem that no amount of EU fairy tales can make go away. Just more smile and wave boys is all that is.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

You make it sound like it's a game they're playing, and I can buy that. But who are these "boys they're waving at"? Against whom are they playing for them to go to all that trouble??

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I also just realized that today is the 13th. A symbolic number for the big guys behind the scenes?

I'd love to know if it ties in with other banking dates of smbolic importance. Does anone know?
edit on 13-3-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

You make it sound like it's a game they're playing, and I can buy that. But who are these "boys they're waving at"? Against whom are they playing for them to go to all that trouble??

they are waving at us and saying, "nothing to see hear, everything is fine" all the while toxic assets abound. Fitch is run by the same people who run the banks and the FED and the IMF. they are just hoping we don't all wake up at once and find out just how full of chit they are, how scammed we've been and what 7 billion pissed off people look like coming at them.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Maybe some of them have been receiving the angry feedback and thus some of the reasons for some resignations?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

The Ides of March falls on 15th in March unless I am greatly mistaken, could be a day to watch.

The troubles for Greece are far from over, it's all smoke and mirrors.

Interesting times
edit on 15-3-2012 by Threegirls because: to clarify

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Threegirls

The 15th is today. we live in interesting and frightening times. I have such a hard time understanding how nefarious their plots are. ou would think they would implode but no, they just keep at it.

join