It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATTN: Occupy Fast Food.... Their Blood, Your Food

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
While doing my hourly facebook glance I spotted another "occupy blah blah blah", or so i believed. On a second look i noticed that this was a pamphlet asking for the the rallying of Fast Food workers, some of the most oppressed workers in the food industry, both domestically and globally. I believe that better food and treatment of employees is something ALL people can agree on.

Lets spark this discussion because it is one that can definitely gain momentum, it affects us all. Please star and flag this so that it will gain the attention it deserves. Below is a post by Boots Riley, rapper and activist from the Coup. After only 20 minutes there was a flood of likes and comments, what do you think ?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I urge you to discuss this and contact them for more info/ bringing the movement to your doorfront.
edit on 13-3-2012 by WordPlayJAy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Awww, poor babies.

Is this a joke? They should try working in a real restaurant cooking for an insanely busy Saturday night service. Try out the 10-16 hour days....

Then maybe I'll listen to them complain.
edit on 13-3-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
Awww, poor babies.

Is this a joke? They should try working in a real restaurant cooking for an insanely busy Saturday night service. Try out the 10-16 hour days....

Then maybe I'll listen to them complain.
edit on 13-3-2012 by MzMorbid because: (no reason given)

You forgot the insanely busy split shifts i had to do , starting at 5am lol in a hotel, then an hour off an the lunch prep, if u want 3 shifts that day u work till midnight 1am (like i had a choice) yeah the money is ok but you have no life, mcdonalds workers have it easy, try being a proper chef

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MzMorbid

You do understand that all working class people are connected right ? and if they had better working conditions you might not be forced to work 10-16hr shifts in order to survive ?

This is not a battle for pity, nor a struggle against brothers. It is about a small class of people exploiting THE world in a plethora of ways. Working conditions, products and respect should be raised globally, even if you are an overworked troll

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
There really are other kinds of jobs out there. One can also go to school and skip the fast food thing.
And the food? Two all beef slimed paddies with special pickle, lettuce, [especially processed] cheese, on a sesame seed bun?
This food is at the least deadly and at the most, terminal.
And there is that pink slime that has recently been removed or was it?....No one even knew it was there and millions of burgers later people discover they have been slimed!
Better off working at a quick lube place. At least at the end of the day you know you didn't slowly kill someone.
Most fast food is dangerous to the body, and in many instances the sheeple eat this stuff unaware of what is really in it. I imagine that the folks working in some of these places also don't know they are passing along death on a bun. I really don't mind if someone else eats the slime, but you can bet I won't.
Occupy fast food? Be my guest

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I am afraid if the unions had fast food, it would not be fast anymore.

"We appreciate your business, however we are unable to process your request at this time. We will address your request within an hour, a day, a week or even a month. If you find this message in error, please address our complaint department. This message will now self destruct along with your country in 5...4...3...2...."
edit on 13-3-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

You misunderstand my point. The way it is can't really be changed.

I'm not looking for pity, as you put it. I'm just having a laugh at those poor, poor babies. I work where I do because I want to.

new topics

top topics

join