It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lights at Ten O'Clock were Flares, Says Dr Bruce Maccabee on "ATS Live"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Greetings Forumerions,

Today is the 15th anniversary of one of the most significant UFO events in history, and it was only fitting that "ATS Live" brought on Mike Fortson as their guest over the weekend. As I told Johnny and Darren, Mike always makes for a good guest. The show was superb with Mike recounting events not commonly known about the Phoenix Lights, but there were added bonuses by the way of surprise callers:

Good friend and colleague Mike Fortson ( as well as a regular contributor here at TUFOC) was the special guest this last Saturday night on "ATS Live," (Broadcast live from Roswell, New Mexico no less–via KCKN and from Miami by WLVJ, as well as various internet venues and Global Star: Galaxy 19 - Star 5) for their 100th show. The co-hosts being cognizant of the upcoming 15th anniversary (tomorrow the 13th) of what is known as "The Phoenix Lights," one of the most significant UFO events in history invited Mike to be on, knowing that not only was/is he a witness, but he is also one of the most knowledgeable individuals alive regarding the events that occurred that night 15 years ago tomorrow.

When I'm asked about Mike Fortson, the first words out of my mouth are that he has "encyclopedic knowledge" concerning said activity which took place over the skies in the grand state of Arizona (and elsewhere) on March 13th, 1997 . . . .

. . . the very next caller was long time Ufologist and optical physicist, Dr Bruce Maccabee. Coincidentally, I had interviewed, Mike, Frances and Bruce (together) 2 years ago . . . Like Bruce did with me, he did again Saturday night, and that was to make clear his views on the lights (flares) video taped at 10:00 pm and the UFO activity which occurred between 8:00 pm and 9:00 pm. . . .

The rest of the story . . .

"ATS LIVE" Show Thread

*Special thanks to Darren, Johnny and Mark (and ATS staff) for granting us permission to post a snippet of Saturday night's show.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Forgot to mention that another surprise caller was the one and only Johnny Anonymous . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Thanks, Frank. And also to thanks ATS Live for allowing me to speak of the events on March 13, 1997.

I hope I have another chance to speak again as I have so much more to say about events and people involved that night and thru out the so-called investigation of the Phoenix Lights case, or as I prefer, "The Massive UFO Flyover of Arizona, March 13, 1997".

I hope that those who listened learned something about the case that they did not know before.

Mike

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
If the first witness on the ATS interview was "22 miles ESE' of Phoenix at the 8-8:30 PM sighting...

that would likely be the town of Casa Grande

because his location would have made the 'Encanto Park' area of Phoenix in the direction of WNW as the witness said.... now As I recall, the Talk Radio station KFYI gave instant reports of the overhead craft as it glided over Cave Creek - Camelback Mountain- West over Indian School Road- Encanto Park- Casa Grande in a sequential path over 3/4 of an hour in duration --- and finally left the greater Phoenix area going towards Tuscon---generally following the I-10/I-15 corridor, traveling dead South

I sense the witness guy is being truthful & forthright

I am just wondering why... when the mile big craft was over Encanto Park...i could not see it from my residence at 715 West Mariposa (use a map quest search ZIP 85013).... Encanto Park is just a light jogging distance from where i lived at the time...
(maybe the huge billboard (to the south) blocked my view?)

edit on 13-3-2012 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I was at Frye Rd. and McQueen in Chandler. App. 22 miles ESE of downtown Phoenix. Casa Grande is 50 miles from Phoenix or so to the south down I-10.

You could have been outside and not realize the object was there. "It" was silent, and unless you were looking in it's direction, you would have never known "it" was there.

Also, there were 3 of the massive V shaped craft witnessed throughout the state just not 1. All 3 were seen together near Crown King, just west of Sunset Point on I-17.

Thanks for the reply.

Mike

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mikefortson

surely with all the knowledge you have of this event,
that a thread you should start would be a wonderful read
you have a very willing audience here on ATS

edit on 13/3/12 by SecretKnowledge because: if i was an american, i'd vote for ron paul too

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Great idea SecretKnowledge...but, I'm new to ATS and haven't enough posts to qualify starting a new thread.

I joined ATS just for this case, but to reply as best as I can. There's so much more than the 2 events the media reports.

Several producers don't or won't talk about or report. Like the 5:30 pm sighting near Crown King where all 3 massive V's were seen together.

Thanks to ATS Live I got to speak to all of you on their radio network. : )

Mike

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikefortson
Great idea SecretKnowledge...but, I'm new to ATS and haven't enough posts to qualify starting a new thread.

Mike

Hey Mike...Please check your PM (private messages)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank Warren
Greetings Forumerions,

Today is the 15th anniversary of one of the most significant UFO events in history, and it was only fitting that "ATS Live" brought on Mike Fortson as their guest over the weekend. As I told Johnny and Darren, Mike always makes for a good guest. The show was superb with Mike recounting events not commonly known about the Phoenix Lights, but there were added bonuses by the way of surprise callers:
snip

Let's get some facts straight here and a clear mind while doing so.

1. It's NOT the Phoenix "lights", it's the Phoenix Flares!
2. The first event was of a poorly constructed triangle composed of jets that wandered in and out of the formation
and this is what the grainy video shows. Anything else is wishful thinking.
3. NO ONE in Phoenix proper looked up and saw anything but a beautiful star-filled sky.
4. Because the military flares were dropped behind the mountains and this is supported by the nighttime video(s)
taken from the opposite hills overlooking Phoenix and supported with daylight video from same location.
5. At least one video shows a military plane with a strobe in the same scene with the flare formation.

This event is just as bad as Roswell where no UFO crashed but the truth doesn't sell, fantasy does. Sad state of affairs. Belief wins over reason!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

top topics

join