It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Believe something big will go down in March? Take a look at this!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Yes, it’s about elephants but hear me out.

I was reading the local paper and this one section of a report on Cameroon’s elephant killings caught my attention. There has been a lot of speculation that March is going to be a big month here on ATS. For me this just fuel’s the speculation.
So the basic story is...

A poacher, a soldier and 10 elephants were killed in one clash alone last week, when Cameroonian troops intervened after poachers on horseback began storming the park.
Rights groups estimate that there are now fewer than 3 000 elephants left in Cameroon.
“The fight against poaching is a war and like any other war there will be casualties,” Celine Sissler Bienvenu of the International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW) told dpa.

And the interesting bit is...

“Villagers who have come into contact with the poachers were told of their plans to collect as much ivory as they can until the end of March,” Bienvenu said.
The practice is fuelled by continuous demand for ivory in China and Japan. There, a kilogramme of ivory can sell for as much as 1800 dollars. According to the Swiss-based Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), the poached ivory is believed to be exchanged against money, weapons and ammunition to support conflicts in neighbouring countries.

So the question is, why the end of March? The Chinese know something…

Link: www.timeslive.co.za...

Decided to add this, just so people can understand how valuable Ivory is on the black market:

There, a kilogramme of ivory can sell for as much as 1800 dollars. According to the Swiss-based Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), the poached ivory is believed to be exchanged against money, weapons and ammunition to support conflicts in neighbouring countries.

edit on 13-3-2012 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by Monkeygod333 because: More info = better understanding

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
take a look at my thread as well. Im talking about march as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Monkeygod333

Very interesting. Bump for exposure.
Star and flag as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

That is interesting... but why would poachers be given a deadline at all? Why would'nt the buyers just buy as much as they could and then stop whenever they wanted? And what kind of post-apocolypse resource is ivory anyway?

"End of the worlds comming, money is gonna be worhless."
"Well I better stock up on ivory then!"

It sounds fishy enough but I'm having trouble with the behind the scenes logic.
edit on 13-3-2012 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Does March mark a change in the elephant's behavior or something like a migration due to the dry season? We should try to find out alternative reasons as well for why they would want to poach so hard before march is over.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
perhaps the buyers of the ivory want it by a certain date to be able to smuggle it into whereever they are based so they dont have to bribe too many people and reduce their cut of the proceeds or some buyer wants it by the end of the month and no stock = no money and they'll have to find a new buyer

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I just looked at a frozen pizza i have......Best Before April 2012.......

Thats it, im convinced with all these threads now, i have some kind of proof pointing to the end of the world, or something really bad in March. Why would my pizza go out of date in April...more than a coincidence i say

Damn if only there were a psychic and a numerologist in the thread
Damn you special powered super beings...grrrrrr.

edit on 13-3-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: grrr forgot we are in 2012, not 2011....must be the march thing

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Yawn...
I guess I will put off today until the end of March and hope that a tornado picks up the evil (insert your enemy) and destroys them, or jesus will finally come to save me, or the benevolent aliens will come down to earth and finally cure all of our ills and give us equal government...
After March is over it will be November then January...
All the while fearlocked fools put off the hard work hoping they will not have to do it.
Yeah, something will happen in March, the next fear campaign, wash, rinse, repeat.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
well something big is happening on the 20th for me, so idk, maybe thats something.
also spring starts on the 20th this year.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGrandWarlock
well something big is happening on the 20th for me, so idk, maybe thats something.
also spring starts on the 20th this year.

21st is good for me. thats when i get back from vegas.... but with my luck, the SHTF when im there and get stuck in that (bleep) hole of a town

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
It's because by the end of March all money will be worth NOTHING.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
It's because by the end of March all money will be worth NOTHING.

I hope you´re wrong.

take a look at this site to know what i would look like

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
This is greed at its ugliest.

I was just reading a thread that linked to this one and I do find it significant that the poachers were specific about their time frame.
It would be understandable if they meant that there was a new punishment for poachers coming this April, so they were going to cash in before retirement.
Then again, maybe the elite have given wind about some information only they have been privy to and now it's too much to contain as they're grabbing up everything they can until (whatever) happens.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

That is interesting... but why would poachers be given a deadline at all? Why would'nt the buyers just buy as much as they could and then stop whenever they wanted? And what kind of post-apocolypse resource is ivory anyway?

"End of the worlds comming, money is gonna be worhless."
"Well I better stock up on ivory then!"

It sounds fishy enough but I'm having trouble with the behind the scenes logic.
edit on 13-3-2012 by xFiDgetx because: (no reason given)

From the linked article:

There, a kilogramme of ivory can sell for as much as 1800 dollars. According to the Swiss-based Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES), the poached ivory is believed to be exchanged against money, weapons and ammunition to support conflicts in neighbouring countries.

Still having trouble with the logic?
edit on 13-3-2012 by Monkeygod333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I can see how your ears pricked up at this but couldn't it simply be that 'A Change of Law' is being imposed by then hence, no more ivory - so they get as much as they can while they can???

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Yes I am. The only reason they can turn the ivory into weapons is because ivory has a monetary value. If the monetary system collapsed it would have no value. This also does nothing to explain why the poachers would be told at all. Just offer more money for the ivory and you get the same effect.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i really think the current number of planets in the night sky is turning people a little insane.

elephants
:

seriously

the guys obvioulsy have to fill an order for the end of march or maybe there is more wardens being recruited for the end of the month.

but you think this is because something big is gonna go down????? please stop.
edit on 13-3-2012 by lacrimaererum because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I personally believe that those who hunt endangered species,some of whom have been here since before we moved out of the trees/caves should be eradicated from existence.

I know that sounds horrific,but If people are that ill thinking that they will kill all our remaining Tigers/Rhinos or any other of our miraculous animals that we share our Earth with,then they deserve to become the hunted IMO.

They may think they can kill all in the wild and keep a few of each species in farms,for maximum profit.
But those nations who do that will kill our amazing diversity,and I will write about them in books,which will shame those nations.

No excuse.We can stop this before it happens.
We can stop China and others from doing this greedy,abhorrent behavior.
But only if we act before such awesome species become extinct.

How-Well for a start we stop buying their garbage,and we also stop taking any notice when the hypocritical goons start telling other countries how to behave..

See Libya,Syria etc...the hypocrisy of the chinese government telling these other countries to respect human rights is beyond insulting IMO...
Look how they behave.

Sorry,I know It's a rant..
But hey.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Ever play 8 ball,,,snooker,,,

ever see old ivory pool balls??? lol
1800 an ounce ,,,

lol

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by xFiDgetx

Yes I am. The only reason they can turn the ivory into weapons is because ivory has a monetary value. If the monetary system collapsed it would have no value. This also does nothing to explain why the poachers would be told at all. Just offer more money for the ivory and you get the same effect.

If the monetary system collapsed would gold have no value? Silver? What about corn, that would be worthless right?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join