It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by Mkoll

Perhaps, but why would these 'galactic' travelers come to visit the Mayans? Why would they not have visited the Roman Empire at it's height? Because the Romans documented how they built their mega-structures, or organized their empire, or how they created their sculptures...so there isn't any sport in claiming that Aliens Did It. I just can't see why advanced civilizations from the depths of space would come here to mess with South and Central American primitives, but ignore the rest of the planet.

Constantine the Great had his vision, which he interpreted as a message from God. Later that night in his sleep he was visited by an "Angel" and was told to put a certain marking on all of his men's shields and that if he did, he would win the battle of Milvian Bridge. He in fact did place the markings on the shields, and he did win the battle, went into Rome afterwards and pretty much became Emperor.

That is one story from Rome which sounds interesting.

This was in the 4th Century AD, so i would argue that they were still in their height under Constantine.
edit on 13-3-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I'm kind of surprised people have entertained this claim. First look at the "artifacts" from the OP again. Then look at examples of Mayan art. They styles and iconography are completely different. Traditional Mayan art is extremely stylized while these "artifacts" look like the were drawn by a five year old. The fact that no one can find where these "artifacts" originated from is also a huge indicator they're fake. This is a hoax. Worse, it's a shoddy hoax. Anyone not blinded by belief in AAT or claims regarding 2012 should be able to tell right off the bat that these are not Maya in origin.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

That is some interesting stuff...I'll read through it more. I genuinely believe that there is life out in the universe beyond ourselves...I'm just not sure if they're visiting this little rock we live on.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Looks legit. Also they found a Grey in Egypt. Mummified in a tomb and TPTB jumped on that asap so it wouldn't hit the news.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

They have since before our species existed. We are watched over

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hmmm... I haven't found out the origin of these items either. No documented sourcing.

It could be fake that looks possible. If it's real it will be part of a collection owned by a specific entity legally, and that kind of information shouldn't be too difficult to pin down.

But, if you recall, my only argument was that the item of interest depicted was intended to be Saturn by the creator.
And this would have to be true especially if it is fake.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Probably already been mentioned, but how did they know saturn had rings? You can see this on the stone tablet with the planets.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

Looks legit. Also they found a Grey in Egypt. Mummified in a tomb and TPTB jumped on that asap so it wouldn't hit the news.
Um...do you have any evidence for this Grey in Egypt claim?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11I11
Probably already been mentioned, but how did they know saturn had rings? You can see this on the stone tablet with the planets.

In the event that this is all totally fake, it makes perfect sense that they knew it had rings.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital

Originally posted by Mandrakerealmz

Um...do you have any evidence for this Grey in Egypt claim?

I believe he refers to this video :

If not, anyone can correct me.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
The Mayans definitely had contact with outside sources.
Here is another Mayan artifact:

" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">

Here is the link for this image

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

www.pakalertpress.com...

heres a link about it. a few months ago there were lots of links about it all over am surprised you didn't see it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

and this looks very much like it could be a spacecraft..

It also looks like it could be a hat.

how would you explain the one below the "hat"?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
If only we could somehow have a view of the past and obtain all answers ..

*sigh maybe one day ?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunshooter

Originally posted by boncho

and this looks very much like it could be a spacecraft..

It also looks like it could be a hat.

how would you explain the one below the "hat"?

A local Peruvian artist earned $50 that day.

Until the artifacts are even authenticated to actually exist, and be what they claim, there is no reason discussing them at length.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

That thought process has to go something like this, "let's see, what does this look like. um spaceship. What else does it look like, um hat. Let's put hat since I r skeptic."

Regardless with any true research into the Mayan civilization you'd realize that there is a true possibility that the human history might just not be exactly what we are lead to believe. It's objects and findings like these (if authentic[which appears to be gaining strength given the events surrounding it.]) that truly strengthen the alternative viewpoint (regarding alien intervention). You can hold yourself in denial in regards to what you are looking at or you can wise up and simply accept that if authentic, these do seem to portray some interesting, "contradicting" and if not, mind altering understandings of what could have been going on back then. Either way the question on topic should be, are these authentic, what were they trying to portray, and could they have been trying to portray what half of us are thinking they are?!?!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RealSpoke

Anyone can ask what if questions all day. What if Medusa was real? What if there are elves that steal socks? WHAT IF anything. It's just ridiculous to have blind faith when there isn't any proof of the claim.

It is you that is exhibiting blind faith... Not I. I stated that I do not know with certainty that such creatures did not exist. I like to question things. If you do not want to question the norm.. again that is your progogative and you are welcome to it..

All through this thread you have been saying its not this or that. You have not added any suggestions of what these things might be or what they represent. The best you have come with is they are art.

ps the art you supplies that had no basis in reality was full of archetypal images of reality.. Really a bit of a paradoxical image to choose to defend your argument...
edit on 13-3-2012 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think this humorous blog eloquently explains why belief in Mayan contact with aliens is ridiculous, owing to a profoundly absent legacy...

goo.gl...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
It's common knowledge to the researchers that they had contact, denying it usually comes from those who have no time or real interest to find the truth and thus scoff at the possibility of it all.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join