It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Mayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in '2012' Doc

The Mexican government is releasing state-held secrets about the end of the Mayan calendar to the makers of a documentary, "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," TheWrap has learned. The information -- protected for 80 years -- is expected to reveal Mayan beliefs in future catastrophes and wisdom characterized as "shocking," producer Raul Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia, told TheWrap. The end of the Mayan calendar in December 2012 has long given rise to theories and speculation about the end of the world. The agreement will allow Julia-Levy to film in never-before-seen locations.

www.reuters.com...

The article is from TheWrap carried on Reuters. Nassim was featured on National Geographic....

I guess that makes it real Mayans in Mexico

Or a viral marketing campaign for a film?

At one point, Rosado was quoted in a press release talking about contact between the Mayans and extraterrestrials. That statement has been recalled, and Rosado now paints this as a simpler, more archaeological-oriented documentary. "At the moment, talk of the Mayans is a big thing," Rosado said. "We've counted over 3 million websites talking about the end of the Mayan calendar, and we have been contacted by a lot of producers who want to come and film on our sites." The project is similar in some ways to a novel Julia-Levy was writing, variously entitled "Chronicles of the Mayan Tunnel" and "Secrets of the Mayan Time Machine." He and co-producer Elbert were also going to make a 3D movie from that novel starring him and Wesley Snipes, he said in the summer of 2010.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by Mkoll

Perhaps, but why would these 'galactic' travelers come to visit the Mayans? Why would they not have visited the Roman Empire at it's height? Because the Romans documented how they built their mega-structures, or organized their empire, or how they created their sculptures...so there isn't any sport in claiming that Aliens Did It. I just can't see why advanced civilizations from the depths of space would come here to mess with South and Central American primitives, but ignore the rest of the planet.

Interesting point, though it isn't valid. Who is to say they did not visit every single culture in the world at that time and the history, which is usually written by those who can actually write and those who control what is written, simply made it all go away or called it rubbish when people spoke of visitation. Also, there are many who contend that the archives below the Vatican, the biggest disinformation system every created, contains all the "proof" of visitation.

RE the carving skills. if you really are interested in their skills, I suggest searching youtube for Mayan Calendar & Human DNA II - Prophecies & Sun. You'll see their skills, and eyes, were beyond impressive.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I can't find anything on these supposed artifacts but the story has stemmed from a documentary that is supposed to be released this year:

I rarely agree with you
but it seems we both hit that at the same time

If guys like Nasiim get full media coverage on National Geographic... then it is time I hang up my hat and go back to my Medieval life.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Okay, so I found the original articles that this site is basing its claims off of. Still can't find where the supposed artifacts are from though:

Articl e 1

Article 2

You will notice in article 2 the filmmaker has already misquoted Stephen Hawking, which does not bode well for whether or not the work is going to be unbiased.

edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Mkoll

Perhaps, but why would these 'galactic' travelers come to visit the Mayans? Why would they not have visited the Roman Empire at it's height? Because the Romans documented how they built their mega-structures, or organized their empire, or how they created their sculptures...so there isn't any sport in claiming that Aliens Did It. I just can't see why advanced civilizations from the depths of space would come here to mess with South and Central American primitives, but ignore the rest of the planet.

At the time period we're talking about. When the mayan civilisation derived from the Olmec there was no Roman empire. In fact you are into sufficiently deep into the past that the greeks were still in the bronze age described in the homeric writings hundreds of years later.

Whats needed is a Google-Map Time Machine.

Overlay the GoogleMaps globe with the historical knowledge base and be able to step back year on year like apples time machine application.

It would allow at a glance to see what was happening on the planet anywhere in a given year. What civilisation was contemporary with what other civilisation etc. See boundaries of civilisations expand and contract against one another. Thats an App i'd pay for ;-)

but i digress...

I don't think people suggest visitors came to visit the mayans/sumerians. I think they suggest they came and left and imprinted the civilisations that happened to be around at the time.

Without any definitive source and date for the artefacts in the video it difficult to comment on them.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Yeah. They couldnt possibly know that Saturn had rings but they knew that the Earth, Sun and the centre of the galaxy line up at the end of the year.

Lets face it, the ancients knew alot more than most people give them credit for. And they majority still think we lived in caves 6000 years ago.

Nice pics op. If they are proven to be real then i consider them to be substantial evidence

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

reply to post by purplemer

and this looks very much like it could be a spacecraft..

It also looks like it could be a hat.

Seriously, stone hat?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by nicolet

What I can't comprehend is that the believers in ancient aliens go to great lengths to misconstrue genuine historical evidence, or even foster a garage industry that does nothing to help their cause at all.
In my home right now I have a pair of 'Mayan' masks that were given to me as gifts from friends who traveled down to Guatemala...they told me of the wondrous artisans who make these lifelike reproductions for the tourist trade. Some of them see no problem in making fakes of dinosaurs, aliens, flying saucers, etc. ANYTHING that the cult of Mayanism wants:

en.wikipedia.org...

As for the Romans and Google searching, I put in my real name followed by Emperor and got 1,800,000 results; I guess nobody told me I was so famous

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

If guys like Nasiim get full media coverage on National Geographic... then it is time I hang up my hat and go back to my Medieval life.

And I believe it is time I cash in on the insanity. First I will issue myself a postgraduate degree. Then I shall create a TV show, website and make millions educating the masses with my wisdoms.

You want magic? Boncho's theory of everything includes magical unicorns that fart gold, so not only can you have it, you can also be rich. I uncovered all these secrets from the Sumerians.

Please send $99.99 to:

Boncho's Secrets to Everything
148 Fantasy Lane Blvd.
Ancient Persian City
Iran
8758493-343

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I would agree. The principle Mayan "God" was K'inich Janaab' Pakal. The ancient Maya had a complex pantheon of deities whom they worshipped, including Hunahpu, Xbalanque, and the great god-king Quetzalcoatl, returned to the stars after their Earth life ended. 2000 b.c. Peru's Inca civilization, like the Maya said the Gods were from the star system "Pleiades." Inca ruins have been found at 13,000 feet, with one stone weighing 20,000 tons.
Legend tells of spaceships that came from the stars. Inca ornaments of "platinium" were found. Text reveals the inca's knew the earth was round centuries before it was known to the Western world.

Pakal and his Spaceship, Relief from Tomb Cover

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by zilebeliveunknown

and this looks very much like it could be a spacecraft..

It also looks like it could be a hat.

Seriously, stone hat?

Would you prefer a wooden one?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksose7
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

Yeah. They couldnt possibly know that Saturn had rings but they knew that the Earth, Sun and the centre of the galaxy line up at the end of the year.

Lets face it, the ancients knew alot more than most people give them credit for. And they majority still think we lived in caves 6000 years ago.

Nice pics op. If they are proven to be real then i consider them to be substantial evidence

Im pretty sure most people don't think that humans lived in caves 6000 years ago, most people understand that civilization was around then and so was the beginning of formings of cities and communities.

As for these "artifacts" why is there no reliable news outlet that is sharing this story, this would be pretty big news if it were true. The people of central and south america realize how much money they can make off of the whole 2012 Mayan prophecy hype. Whose to say these weren't made by some average street vendor looking to make a buck off some sap.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I have been following the story... so far I have seen three locations mentioned...

Where did this come from? I have heard "a tunnel in Ecuador"; "somewhere is South America"; "Somewhere in Central America";

Then I found this:

Featuring David Icke and Nassim Harramein. Newly uncovered Mayan glyphs in Calakmul, Mexico have revealed some amazing extraterrestrial imagery as well as information on stargates and an apparent incoming comet which appears to be diverted by a UFO. Find out what it’s all about here!

www.in5d.com...

This story reminds me of the infamous 'Dinosaur Stones' found years ago that turned out to be carved by the locals to sell to tourists... the Ica Stones of Peru

Ica’s Engraved Stones: A Prehistoric Library?
Stone Collection in Peru Museum Reveals Ancient Civilization
www.theepochtimes.com...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

reply to post by zorgon

I can't find anything on these supposed artifacts but the story has stemmed from a documentary that is supposed to be released this year:

The Mexican government is releasing state-held secrets about the end of the Mayan calendar to the makers of a documentary, "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," TheWrap has learned.

The information -- protected for 80 years -- is expected to reveal Mayan beliefs in future catastrophes and wisdom characterized as "shocking," producer Raul Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia, told TheWrap.

The end of the Mayan calendar in December 2012 has long given rise to theories and speculation about the end of the world.

The agreement will allow Julia-Levy to film in never-before-seen locations.

Source

Mind you, this story was covered by a Hollywood Tabloid, www.thewrap.com...

If I recall, Raul Julia's kid was looking for funding for the documentary. I know it was posted here.
Found itMayan Secrets to Be Revealed by Mexican Government in 2012 Documentary

From the article, it has to be released before December 21st. He was still trying to get funding for the movie at that time.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

And I believe it is time I cash in on the insanity. First I will issue myself a postgraduate degree. Then I shall create a TV show, website and make millions educating the masses with my wisdoms.

Okay I am with you on that
You do the marketing and I will provide the research... we need a film maker and someone with carisma to do the public speaking ( I suck at that
) I really need a new car... like a Humvee to get to these places out here in the desert.

I think your right, time to cash in... getting tired of doing it for free while ATS rakes in the loot

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I also understand the the Roman Empire and classical Mayan civilization did not exist at the same time...but the parallel I'm trying to make here is that humans are extremely intelligent and tend to create technology. Olmec and proto-Mayan civilization was advanced for it's time period. Agriculture, city-states, and large construction projects accompany all major human civilization's evolutions. It is silly and insulting to assume that the Mayans needed aliens to show them how to dig a canal or place one big rock on top of another big rock.

As for them recording exceptional events in their history through carvings and other visual media, I see no reason why they couldn't or wouldn't record visits of UFOs. However, these carvings posted here look nothing like Mayan art that I have seen in books, or the little masks in my study.

The quality of line, the accuracy of the human form, the subtle use of design (with a capital D), is very advanced. I can't see why the artist who lived to see flying saucers and space aliens would carve such low quality, inferior work.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Well I was just about to bring up that one

This one here...

Looks like a direct take off from this one;

But there you have a REAL example of a Mayan work that may point to Ancient Aliens

edit on 13-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by caf1550

Trust me, i think the majority do believe just that. We are taught it in school for christ sake. Its ridiculus. Maybe where you are from people like to think for themselves a bit more and have an open mind, but the people around me have absolutley no idea about what actually happened in the past and what is happening right now on this planet. All they care about is work and then the pub at the weekend. 95% will probably die in this little town. Its really frustrating. I'm sure alot of members will share a similar situation.

And as for you questioning me about the artifacts validility, read my post more carefully.

If they are proven to be real then i consider them to be substantial evidence

I never said they were genuine artifacts.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:58 PM
link   

As for them recording exceptional events in their history through carvings and other visual media, I see no reason why they couldn't or wouldn't record visits of UFOs. However, these carvings posted here look nothing like Mayan art that I have seen in books, or the little masks in my study.

I made a thread on that..

Strange UFO Coin from 1680 Puzzles the Experts
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The image depicts a story about a huge flying shield that appeared in the sky serendipitously to save people during a war

The story of the flying shield...

from Plutarch's Lives, Volume I:

In the eighth year of Numa's reign an epidemic raged throughout Italy, and afflicted the city of Rome. Now amidst the general distress it is related that a brazen shield fell from heaven into the hands of Numa. Upon this the king made an inspired speech, which he had learned from Egeria and the Muses. The shield, he said, came for the salvation of the city, and they must guard it, and make eleven more like it, so that no thief could steal the one that fell from heaven, because he could not tell which it was. Moreover the place and the meadows round about it, where he was wont to converse with the Muses, must be consecrated to them, and the well by which it was watered must be pointed out as holy water to the vestal virgins, that they might daily take some thence to purify and sprinkle their temple. The truth of this is said to have been proved by the immediate cessation of the plague. He bade workmen compete in imitating the shield, and, when all others refused to attempt it, Veturius Mamurius, one of the best workmen of the time, produced so admirable an imitation, and made all the shields so exactly alike, that even Numa himself could not tell which was the original. He next appointed the Salii to guard and keep them.

98AD Rome: Conrad Wolfhart, Lycothenes, a medieval writer reports, “At sunset, a burning shield passed over the sky at. It came sparkling from the west and passed over to the east.”

So back in the days of Rome... they called them "Flying Shields"

In the 1600's it was "The Chariot of the Gods"

"Battesimo di Cristo" 1710
Aert De Gelder
(1645-1727)

Today we call the "Flying Saucers"

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
To be honest they look somewhat well below the workmanship of any Mayan artwork I've seen.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join