It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
who said mayans didnt had any contact? qtzalcoatl is more than what a lot of people thinks ^^

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
The second video on the provided link from the OP is very interesting to say the least. Wish the videos were longer with more content. Makes you wonder how much more Mayan artifacts (that wasn't 'destroyed') are really just sitting around, collecting dust. Very intriguing, thanks for sharing.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Is it possible this is the information to be released?

Mayan Documentary Will Show Evidence of Alien Contact

EXCLUSIVE A new documentary about Mayan civilization will provide evidence of extraterrestrial contact with the ancient culture, according to a Mexican government official and the film's producer. "Revelations of the Mayans 2012 and Beyond," currently in production, will claim the Mayans had contact with extraterrestrials, producer Raul Julia-Levy revealed to TheWrap. "Mexico will release codices, artifacts and significant documents with evidence of Mayan and extraterrestrial contact, and all of their information will be corroborated by archaeologists," said Julia-Levy, son of actor Raul Julia.

Mayan Documentary Will Show Evidence of Alien Contact

Not sure if this has already been posted on ATS, but I heard about this documentary back in September of 2011. Supposedly, it will be released sometime later this year.
edit on 3/15/12 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

I want that app. Get it made and collect your money.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Wow another thread full of people showing of their credentials and flaming people that have an open mind. So called "experts on paper" talking about a lot of mumbo jumbo only to discover later that most of these artifacts are fake.

FAIL

edit on 15-3-2012 by hesse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Are you saying it isn't an Olmec mask? Do you know the original source or something? I may have made the mistake of using ATS as my source :/

The original source of that mask is

Ceremonial mask
Peru, north coast, La Leche Valley, Batán Grande region, Sicán culture
A.D. 900-1100
Gold, copper, and paint
11 3/4 x 17 3/8 in. (29.8 x 44.1 cm)
Dallas Museum of Art; The Eugene and Margaret McDermott Fund, 1969.1.McD

It's a representation of their God... so in effect, since the Gods all came from the Heavens , ergo not of this Earth, they would be true ET's

edit on 15-3-2012 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Aliens of Ancient China by Skyfloating
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarp3333
. Why not, for the sake of intellectual discourse, assume for a moment, the artifacts are in deed real.

And what would that accomplish? The Ica Stones also came with a great story... and then we found that they were made by locals to sell to tourists.

Why waste days of time studying artifact that are most likely fake? There is so mush real stuff out there I barely have time to keep up. The fact that National Geo picked this up with Nassim Haramein will only discredit this research even more.

They are a curiosity worth a brief look and file away until they can be authenticated. You may have time to waste
but I prefer finding some real answers

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ikari
How about the one with the planets on it? The Mayans just made up those rings around Saturn. I am not really sure why this whole ancient aliens were in our past is so hard to grasp for some people. Is it fear of something we do not understand?

How do you know that piece is Mayan? You holding out on us?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cassius666
Interesting find. I wouldnt consider this proof, although its highly compelling if it is authentic. Has the material been carbondated? I would consider it proof that there has been an outside influence from an unkown faction (Aliens, Timetravelers, unrecorded human society), if technological gizmos dating back to the time of the Mayans would be found.

Timetravelers? Aliens?

They just came in contact with Chinese who wandered across the ice, and the Nordic seafarers that sailed across for decades.

Both explain the slanted eyes, and hat shapes ...

Nothing spectacular here, move along.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Because if they have invented technology to come to Earth, then they have also invented 'science.' If they have science, then we have a common language to work with. From there, we can make stabs at figuring out their wants and desires.

sure, good luck with that

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by Ikari
How about the one with the planets on it? The Mayans just made up those rings around Saturn. I am not really sure why this whole ancient aliens were in our past is so hard to grasp for some people. Is it fear of something we do not understand?

How do you know that piece is Mayan? You holding out on us?

if a piece is found near mexico everyone thinks is mayan... but there is more behind it ^^

you people dont have to care if something is real or not, just if that something sowed something usefull.

for example: i dont like picasso at all, he just draw something aleatory and people think is art....

___

if a little kid make some drawning of big head, would everyone think that it is an alien? LOL

Originally posted by bjarneorn

Originally posted by Cassius666
Interesting find. I wouldnt consider this proof, although its highly compelling if it is authentic. Has the material been carbondated? I would consider it proof that there has been an outside influence from an unkown faction (Aliens, Timetravelers, unrecorded human society), if technological gizmos dating back to the time of the Mayans would be found.

Timetravelers? Aliens?

They just came in contact with Chinese who wandered across the ice, and the Nordic seafarers that sailed across for decades.

Both explain the slanted eyes, and hat shapes ...

Nothing spectacular here, move along.

exactly, this is not a lifechanger unless you know the real use of everything. for the record this all is just art. in a way proves something. but just art.

reply to post by bottleslingguy

Because if they have invented technology to come to Earth, then they have also invented 'science.' If they have science, then we have a common language to work with. From there, we can make stabs at figuring out their wants and desires.

who "they"?

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

After reading the paragraph that you quoted from me, I realized my wording maybe sounded as though i knew about the artifact and believed it to be proof but i do no not. Wanted to merely point something out. Although, i would not be surprised if it was legitimate do to the abundance of information provided out there that supports the subject of ancient aliens. The information on these artifacts is a little shady, but that is with any information on this subject because if it were true, most of the population would not be able to except the information and could possibly cause chaos so it must be fed to us slowly. At least that is what i would do if i was in charge of releasing this kind of information to the public.

Hrmmmm, guess "information" was my favorite word today

edit on 15-3-2012 by Ikari because: Information

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by hesse
Wow another thread full of people showing of their credentials and flaming people that have an open mind. So called "experts on paper" talking about a lot of mumbo jumbo only to discover later that most of these artifacts are fake.

FAIL

You do know that's not what happened...like, at all, right? Furbs, the person with the Art History masters degree in Meso-American said from the get-go he was sure the items were forgeries and any analysis he provided also pointed to them being forgeries. I'm guessing the only reason he didn't just say, "There's no possibility that these are real," is because, as Ancient Aliens theorist always point out, no one can be 100% certain and all these open minded people would scream that at him. And most did anyway.

I was surprised the discussion kept going after Pauligirl tracked down the origins of the pieces, did some digging and found out the people putting them forward were lying about a lot of stuff. This happened on PAGE 5.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

reply to post by LightAssassin

Chapter Six of Carl Sagan's "Broca's Brain" White Dwarfs and Little Green Men:

In my mind's eye I picture a Gallic visitor to the Dogon people, in what was then French West Africa, in the early part of (19th) century. He may have been a diplomat, explorer, an adventurer or an early anthropologist.

Carl goes on to imagine this man telling the Dogon about our own astronomical "myths." How easy it would have been for the Dogon to assimilate this received knowledge and wrap their own cultural entanglements around it. One does not have to believe that aliens from across the Cosmos came and told just these people all about Saturn's rings and Sirius A and B, let alone visited the Mayans to tell them how to build pyramids---but not how to create electricity, the germ theory of disease, or even how to stop killing each other in pointless religious rituals.

Carl Sagan is a serial skeptic of the dimmest order, he uses spiritless, atheistic arguments wrapped around his high-priest garb to hoodwink open-minded folks (or at least try to).

I want to know more about these objects, where are they? What's their story etc etc.
Who owns them etc.
edit on 15-3-2012 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by WatchRider
Carl Sagan is a serial skeptic of the dimmest order, he uses spiritless, atheistic arguments wrapped around his high-priest garb to hoodwink open-minded folks (or at least try to).

I want to know more about these objects, where are they? What's their story etc etc.
Who owns them etc.
edit on 15-3-2012 by WatchRider because: (no reason given)

I yearn to be a fraction of the dim-wit Carl Sagan was.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Amen, brother

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
This thread has just given me a silver border.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
This thread has just given me a silver border.

Well, if that was the intent of it. Then you have accomplished your goal.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
17 pages already, wow!

I think there's something about keeping a real open mind with this, logic is only half of it, ever.
These may be fakes, and yeah the sources are questionable. I'm still willing to entertain the possibility that they may be real, and artistically speaking they are quite pretty.

What they depict is up for debate, and if they are fakes, they did a good job of making all the details look very "alien" or "UFO" like, and look quite old. But yes, we'd all love to see the carbon dating results.

If they are real, then we need to stay open-minded to how lore can get represented, and misrepresented. Maybe they had a tinfoil hat cult back then that believed whole-heartedly in aliens and UFOs, but had zero proof and this was their version of the Weekly World News?

Until we get these artifacts authenticated, all we can do is speculate and attempt to use logic to deduce what it isn't.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join