It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

If you have stuff of relevance to add to the thread please do. Saying you have a masters does not cut the mustard. Impress me with your knowledge. Not the title of knowledge...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
It'd be pretty easy to dig up old bone fragments, carve something intriguing into them and sell them to unsuspecting tourists (playing dumb the whole time) for good money. I'm sure there's a thriving backstreet business going on of this kind of thing. In Egypt you can buy a mummy. Brand new! From Secret Location! Looks like maybe King Tut! Good find, I like you, I give you a deal...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I've given my credentials, my opinion, and reasons for my opinion based on my education and all available information on the artifacts. I have even corrected several posters' incorrect claims, backing up those claims as well.

If you have specific questions, please ask them, because I can assure you, if you have questions pertaining to mesoamerican art, especially as it relates to genocide, I most likely have an answer.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

edit on 14-3-2012 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is not proof of ET !

however

THIS IS VERY STRONG EVIDENCE THE "GREYS" PEOPLE HAVE DESCRIBED ARE REAL

Non human beings visited Humanity in ancient times, it happened it really did!

Cool huh?

what the greys are and origins are up for debate, aliens, angels/demon , time travelers, inter dimensional beings ect

edit on 14-3-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
Just to prove the point about the same eyes being found on Olmec (~ 1500 BCE) artwork. I'm not saying the OP's objects are authentic, but the eyes at least follow the history:

You are about 2,000 years off on that mask. It is closer to 700-1000 C.E.

Edit: Sorry, I was wrong. It is actually 900-1100 C.E.

Edit2: Also, this is what I was talking about earlier. See the darker flecks on the mask? That is paint. There is no reason to believe that the sculptures weren't also painted.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Furbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by yampa
Just to prove the point about the same eyes being found on Olmec (~ 1500 BCE) artwork. I'm not saying the OP's objects are authentic, but the eyes at least follow the history:

You are about 2,000 years off on that mask. It is closer to 700-1000 C.E.

Are you saying it isn't an Olmec mask? Do you know the original source or something? I may have made the mistake of using ATS as my source :/

There are plenty of other Olmec masks, figures and statues with these eyes - all from ~1500 - 500 BCE, either way.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yampa

Well, that particular mask is Peruvian, from a people called the Sican. They weren't around for long, but they sure did like their gold.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

reply to post by yampa

Well, that particular mask is Peruvian, from a people called the Sican. They weren't around for long, but they sure did like their gold.

Ah, yes, you are right. Thanks for the correction (bad ATSers).

Shows you know your stuff!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

"The question maybe settled as larger and more powerful telescopes take a look at the Sirius system. According to the legend there is a third star: Sirius C, and it is around Sirius C that the home planet of the Nommos orbits. Most scientists do not consider any part of the Sirius system a prime candidate for life, though.

When Temple first issued his book in the 1970's there was no solid evidence of a Sirius C. In 1995, however, two French researchers, Daniel Benest and J.L. Duvent, authored an article in the prestigious journal Astronomy and Astrophysics with the title Is Sirius a Triple Star? and suggested (based on observations of motions in the Sirius system) there is a small third star there. They thought the star was probably of a type known as a "red dwarf" and only had about .05 the mass of Sirius B."

Cited from,
www.unmuseum.org...

If they do find the 3rd star would you change your mind about the Dogon?

I'm a little skeptical of the skeptics in the case. Griaule spent years with the Dogon, he even had a 30+ consequetive day session with the Dogon wiseman where he learned as much as he could about the Dogon and their history and traditions. I can't find information anywhere about how much time Van Beek spent with the Dogon, or who he spoke to in the tribe.

It could be the difference between talking to the CIA Director or the guy who mops the crappers, or a tourist comparing themself to someone who lives there.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGWskeptic
If they do find the 3rd star would you change your mind about the Dogon?

I'm a little skeptical of the skeptics in the case. Griaule spent years with the Dogon, he even had a 30+ consequetive day session with the Dogon wiseman where he learned as much as he could about the Dogon and their history and traditions. I can't find information anywhere about how much time Van Beek spent with the Dogon, or who he spoke to in the tribe.

It could be the difference between talking to the CIA Director or the guy who mops the crappers, or a tourist comparing themself to someone who lives there.

No, it would not.

News of a possible "Sirius C" has been floating around since the late 19th century, long before Griaule spent any time with the Dogon. Cultural contamination, or as we like to call it.. progression of information.. happens then just as it does now.. only now it can be instantaneous.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Marcel Griaule was an anthropologist, if he had been an astronomer I could see it. And while he may have had astronomy classes sometime during his education I don't see why he would be up on fringe theories of Astronomy.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

The contamination happened previously during the late 19th century into the very early 20th. It's easy to imagine a learned Jesuit breathlessly explaining the fascination of then-modern astronomy.

Its far more likely an explanation than aliens.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:27 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Marcel Griaule was an anthropologist, if he had been an astronomer I could see it. And while he may have had astronomy classes sometime during his education I don't see why he would be up on fringe theories of Astronomy.

It was hardly secret knowledge. It was reported in newspapers. Are you seriously suggesting that an anthropologist studying a culture of star worshipers isn't going to have studied astronomy himself?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

But the reports say they have been doing this ritual for centuries?

I understand the contamination angle, I just don't give it a lot of weight. With language barriers alone I doubt casual conversation would alter tribe customs.

I'd really like to know how long Van Beek spent with the Dogon, it's his criticism that's being cited, he should be vetted.

To clarify I'm talking about C, not B. The C theories are much newer.
edit on 14-3-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

I'd love to know the origin of these pieces.

Between this stuff and father Crespi's collection they raise a lot of questions.

I'm keeping an open mind.

We now know that blue planets like ours are not all that rare, and with our galaxy being as young as it is there could easily be civilizations that are millions of years ahead of us tech wise.

The web site that had them up for sale tells this story:

It is believe that the relics were found somewhere in Mesoamerica over 150 years ago when a native farm worker spotted a strange object hovering near a mountain and with astonishment he watch the object land and observed 7 strange creatures appeared from the hovering object and removed a heavy stone from the mountain without touching it. These seven creatures entered the cave in the mountain and after several hours they departed the mountain site. Immediately this native farm worker informed his boss of this strange occurrence and immediately they set out to investigate this strange phenomena at the mountain site and after several weeks of excavation, and to their amazement they found a deep cave within this mountain. At this site, my client's ancestors found a large collection of relics with strange messages engraved. The land where the antiquities where found as well as the relics were inherited by the owner of these relics and over a year ago he finally decided to scientifically test these relics and bring them out for public display. His collection was transported to the United States in 1963.

You have to copy and paste the link to go to the cached version since the whole website has recently been taken down
webcache.googleusercontent.com...:www.blossomrivergroup.com...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

Wow..

After having read that, I am more confident than ever that every piece is a forgery. These men want fame and money and will do everything in their power to achieve it.

If this guy is a 'Doctor' of anything, he understands the value of peer reviewed research, something that is completely lacking in any claim he is making.

Nothing more to see here, folks.

The claim that these pieces are 4500-6000 years old is laughable.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
How do these things point to alien contact?

Because of the design of the face cavings? The big-ish eyes that have become sysnonymous with 'greys' through natural anthropoidal elaboration on what an alien may look like...?

Desperate conspirators, please...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Pauligirl

Wow..

After having read that, I am more confident than ever that every piece is a forgery. These men want fame and money and will do everything in their power to achieve it.

If this guy is a 'Doctor' of anything, he understands the value of peer reviewed research, something that is completely lacking in any claim he is making.

Nothing more to see here, folks.

The claim that these pieces are 4500-6000 years old is laughable.

After doing a little research on Blossom River Group I have to agree.

They took down their websites because the lab they cited found out they were using their name and said they had done no testing of any artifacts nor had contact with anyone from Blossom River Group.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
How about the one with the planets on it? The Mayans just made up those rings around Saturn. I am not really sure why this whole ancient aliens were in our past is so hard to grasp for some people. Is it fear of something we do not understand? There is more then enough information out there to make you at least think that its possible. Take all things into consideration. We are just mere biological bodies that are trying to understand where we came from and who we are and what really happened in our past and some people our coming to conclusions which is not a very logical way to approach a subject such as this. Yeah im not saying to jump the gun and automatically believe it but there is a lot of evidence that can support the subject and should not be dismissed so easily because we could really miss out on a very fascinating understanding of our past of who we are and where we are from. If aliens had a big part in our past and were visiting us, i would not expect any less of our God to have created a world for us that is much more unbelievable and fascinating then we every dreamed possible.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join