It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newly Discovered Artifacts May Prove Mayans Had Alien Contact!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Technically speaking as far as I know, they never predicted the 'end of the world'. They predicted a golden age or new era.
Also this thread does not relate to 2012 end of the world theories.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Cool find S+F!

I only have one problem with this. Here is a little description of the aliens I saw.....

Originally posted by stewiegriffin
The last time I was on a different planet I was fortunate and they spoke English.

I asked them where I was but they wouldn't tell me. I know they liked Ron Paul though.

Ugly bastards beady little eyes, small heads. I assume the heads are proportionate to brain size.
Acted as though they were half crazy.

I'm just glad to be back.
edit on 10-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

So they don't look like the images on the discovered artifacts.

Maybe they are a different race. I have met 5 species so far and none of them are as annoying as the aliens I described above.
edit on 14-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by stewiegriffin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ScarletWitch
Can I assume from the thread, that most here are interested in the 2012 topic?

I love this subject because it is a GREAT social experiment.
Facts .. Please pay close attention.
1) Mayan calendar was established in the year 3372 BC ( It is a very complex calendar system and predicts the end of the word to happen in 2012. Or Not )
Julius Caesar was behind the origin of leap year in the year 45 BC.

There have been roughly 514 Leap years since created by Caesar in 45BC. The Mayan calendar did not account for Leap Year… so technically the world should have ended around 7 months ago.

How can you argue that? You can't!

Unless you think they meant our Dec. 21 2012 and NOT their own Dec. 21 2012 on their calendar. Which, we all know that would be the single most ignorant, thought one could have.
The Dec. 20 2012 that is depicted on the Mayan calendar went past several months ago....

This is incorrect logic.

A year is from shortest day to shortest day regardless of where or not you are using something as crude as 'leap year'. The Mayans knew this. The date of "2012" is the name we have given to the date that is indicated by when certain astrological marking lines up. It would be the same fixed point in time regardless of the calendar that is used to measure it. It could be Dec. 21th 2012. It could be Febtumberine 34th 7453. The only calendar that matters is the Mayan, and we have deduced that the stars will align in that position at a time when our calendar points to Dec. 21. 2012.

Not that it matters, because it is still all silliness.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

First the Long Count starts on August 11, 3114 BC. Second, that "debunking" completely ignores the entire way the Long Count and GMT correlation are constructed. While I'm all for debunking the nonsense of 2012 it's a misrepresentation of Mayan culture that caused it in the first place.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmagic

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

I don’t believe that 'Mayan style of art' is a method to debunk this.

Actually, it is. Just like Japanese comic books favor a "manga" style and American comic books favor a "superhero style" there are styles of art for every culture and every century. You get the occasional oddball, but there's a lot of conformity because that's the style everyone wants.

A number of those are clearly frauds. The genuine ones have been enhanced (sometimes by adding color or extra lines) and shown out of context. This is reminsicent of the Ica Stones and other frauds, where some goombah tourist shows up and sees a carving and says "Ooooh! That looks like a dinosaur!" and pays $30 for the thing (a lot of money.) Soon, everyone who can scratch something into pottery or bone shows up with an "ancient Mayan dinosaur" for the tourists.

Even if the Mayans didn't live in the area.

Manga is a style drawn not just by the Japanese. Same goes for 'Superhero style' - However this does not mean because your are Japanese you must draw Manga art.

That may be, but if you are an ancient mayan, you are drawing in the ancient mayan style. There were no other styles known to the Mayans at that time.

Also, many of these images are laughable. The one that looks like a UFO landing is -clearly- -CLEARLY- a temple. When looking at it with our contemporary brain with practical knowledge of art concepts like foreshortening and perceptive, it looks like it MUST be above the ground. Mayans didn't evolve that type of art until much later, and only then did it come from outside influence.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

OMG, rings of Saturn, that's amazing! There were no telescopes back then, so how could they know about a planetary ring formation..?!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by NuminousCosmos

If it's an asshat, perhaps you should wear it???

Jaden

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

They could have easily shown them pictures or other representations of the surroundings (the easiest way to answer questions BTW, when speaking to people who have little to no understanding of what you are talking about and when language is a barrier).

The the drawings were done later to represent what they saw in the representations shown to them.

I'm afraid you have some faulty logic there in your conclusion that they are fakes.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Actually, they did. The stories of their contact with the Gods, however, has been written off as fantasy instead of in the potential for historical context that it may have been intended in.

Jaden

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Great news then!

Can you please provide proof that the Mayans knew about leap year.

Please and Thank you.

Ps. Save your time, they didn't!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

Originally posted by Indellkoffer

I don’t believe that 'Mayan style of art' is a method to debunk this.

Actually, it is. Just like Japanese comic books favor a "manga" style and American comic books favor a "superhero style" there are styles of art for every culture and every century. You get the occasional oddball, but there's a lot of conformity because that's the style everyone wants.

A number of those are clearly frauds. The genuine ones have been enhanced (sometimes by adding color or extra lines) and shown out of context. This is reminsicent of the Ica Stones and other frauds, where some goombah tourist shows up and sees a carving and says "Ooooh! That looks like a dinosaur!" and pays $30 for the thing (a lot of money.) Soon, everyone who can scratch something into pottery or bone shows up with an "ancient Mayan dinosaur" for the tourists.

Even if the Mayans didn't live in the area.

Manga is a style drawn not just by the Japanese. Same goes for 'Superhero style' - However this does not mean because your are Japanese you must draw Manga art.

That may be, but if you are an ancient mayan, you are drawing in the ancient mayan style. There were no other styles known to the Mayans at that time.

Really, How do you know this for fact?
Also what we refer to as a 'style of art' may not be. As I stated earlier, we are all unique and just because you were part of one civilisation does not mean you automatically adhear to a specific 'style' - For example, The way I draw cannot be confined to a 'style'. Especially not one of geographic relation.

Styles such as Manga are defined already and people choose to recreate that style. Its not a case of because that person was born there; they pick this style up automatically.

Take for example I drew manga and attempted to recreate it to the best of Akira Toriyama's ability to the point where it was almost very similar.. If this art work was not dated or signed and someone was to review it, they would guess at best that it was drawn in Japan? As we know, that this style originates from Japan?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by RealSpoke
reply to post by muzzleflash

Who says it is Saturn? It could be anything.

Why is there no credible links of these discoveries? Only ancient alien 2012 sites.

edit on 13-3-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

Well obviously it's not Saturn literally, as Saturn is larger than Earth.
It's most likely a miniature representation of Saturn.

If you think it could be anything, I would have to disagree. Doesn't look like a hot dog, a chair, a tree, etc. Just for fun, why don't you name specifically all of those things it looks like. I'd love to hear a list...

my thoughts exactly, wtf is wrong with this guy? it could be anything? really man? What other worldly object do you know of that looks like saturn? besides a dog toy......

time tells all.

as for the people who think its a hat...... THINK ABOUT IT ! what is a hat for... keeping your head cool/shaded. Who would make a hat out of metal that absorbs heat on a hot day? yea... its defffffinitely a hat.

Absurd debunks.
edit on 14-3-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Cool post, these look awesome to me. I wonder if they are real or not. I would like to think that Nassim wouldn't throw his name out there with a topic like this unless he honestly believed it himself. Hopefully we will be able to see the documentary soon too.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden

You don't have to attack me personally for my viewpoints first off.

Second, even if aliens from the deep Cosmos came and told the Mayans all about ringed planets---why did they not also teach them the three laws of motion, or the heliocentric nature of solar system, or mass–energy equivalence, or Euclidean geometry? Why come all this way just to show a picture of Saturn and tell the natives to carve a couple of metal plates?

Where is the logic here?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuminousCosmos
reply to post by Masterjaden

You don't have to attack me personally for my viewpoints first off.

Second, even if aliens from the deep Cosmos came and told the Mayans all about ringed planets---why did they not also teach them the three laws of motion, or the heliocentric nature of solar system, or mass–energy equivalence, or Euclidean geometry? Why come all this way just to show a picture of Saturn and tell the natives to carve a couple of metal plates?

Where is the logic here?

IF the Mayans were as 'primative' as people claim. Would they understand this? How would it be possible to show them in way that it could be documented without the use of math?
Its possible that they came here to give them some information, but to the level they were to find the rest out for themselfs? Only speculating here. However jumping to automatic conclusions in an aim to debunk is not the best method for finding answers to questions imo.
edit on 14-3-2012 by mrmagic because: Spelling error.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. The Long Count did not track the Earth's position in regards to the Sun. That would be the haab. All the Long Count did was count days. As long as we can correlate the Gregorian calendar with Long Count dates all one would have to do is count forward from that date. That's exactly what the GMT correlation does.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmagic

No one here seems to understand what I am getting at...the question is why. Why would aliens come to the Mayans? What purpose would it serve?

Most people who believe in ancient aliens claim that they came here to give man special knowledge or instruction. For example, how to build gigantic funerary monuments, or stone temples, or canal digging, or any other basic necessity for "civilization" to exist. If they were so desirous of teaching us-why not teach us everything? The Mayans had math. The Mayans had written language. They probably could have been taught to build a steam engine at some point in their centuries of existence.

Why not?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Laokin

Is a direct quote and is factual and can be corroborated.

All things considered though, hawking is an idiot. While he may be "smart" he's equally dumb. Only a dumb person would impose primitive human behavior upon an ancient and super advanced unknown species.

No it's not a "direct quote" it's a quote fro a filmmaker through a press release claiming Hawking said something. In other words, it's a second hand quote.

And it goes against everything Hawking has said in the past.

Hawking speaks in probabilities and "what ifs" and this is what he said in 2010:

"If aliens ever visit us, I think the outcome would be much as when Christopher Columbus first landed in America, which didn't turn out very well for the Native Americans," Hawking says.

Source

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I'm simply responding to the first post...I have not read the entirety of this thread....I will but I felt a overwhelming need to address this...in my own words and opinions.

You cannot base "proof" on art. Just think...if we had a meltdown of culture and 500 years from now someone dug up "Warhol" paintings, Picasso or Dali....etc...etc...etc. Even Rodin made some pretty serious sculpture...aka...the Gates of Hell....What would they think? In a thousand years will someone think "the gates of Hell" was a real place?

Art is expression...is not generally meant to be literal. I have a hard time following the AA crowd when they start pointing out paintings, glyphs and sculptures as "proof" there was alien intervention. Like the little golden airplanes folks squawk about all the time...they are not airplanes folks...they are representations of flying fish...almost to the "tee"...

art is not proof of anything except imagination.....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

If this comes from where they say it does, this would pre-date Romans by quiet a few years. I get what you are saying, but simply saying that there is no way that these could possibly be anything other than just someone with a wild imagination is ignorant at best.

I am not saying I believe these are what they say they are. But I am not willing to just write it off as a complete fraud without more information.

I was simply pointing out to the person that I responded to, that posting a picture of modern art, and comparing it to what we are looking at is intellectually dishonest.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join