It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Mere 80% Say They’re Not Better Off Than Four Years Ago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:57 PM
link   
A Mere 80% Say They’re Not Better Off Than Four Years Ago

Not bad for all of the "inherited" problems the Øbama Administration is
STILL faced with !!!

How 'bout all those banks and others who got bailed out
real quick like ?

Funny how Congress can loot the Treasury get the cash printed and distributed
so dang fast when the psychopaths come 'a cry'n while clutching to their silk hankys !!

The rest of us chickens are told to:
"take a number and have a seat ....
you know, over there in the corner"

And then all we see is chicken feed in S-L-O-W motion.

National Review Online

March 13, 2012 8:10 A.M.

In today’s CBS News poll:

Compared to four years ago, is your family’s financial situation better today, worse today, or about the same?

The survey finds 20 percent say better today, 37 percent say worse today, and 43 percent say “about the same.”

No "Change" or is it "Short" Change ?

The 80% were NOT responsible for the financial crash,

the bankers were !!

80% got "Sweeping Changes" !!
More like "Instructions" for how to sweep change !!

Please Give THIS Man a New Job !!

edit on Mar-13-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

80% of the country is racist?!?!?!?!?!

Okay, had to get that out of my system.

Like I've said before. We are seeing a new "normal" under Obama.

"Normal" unemployment? 9%
"Normal" gas prices? 5 - 6 dollars/gallon
"Normal" spending? In the trillions.

Just my humble.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

So you think a republican would have been able to lower the unemployment to under 3%, gotten the Economy back to pre 2008 level in under 4 years?

FDR took 3 terms to fix the country when he inherited the country in he midst of a depression

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7

So you think a republican would have been able to lower the unemployment to under 3%, gotten the Economy back to pre 2008 level in under 4 years?

FDR took 3 terms to fix the country when he inherited the country in he midst of a depression

Obama should brush up on history then. If HE takes that long, then I can say he didn't learn a damned thing!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I'm a lot better off now than I was 4 years ago. And, that my friend is an understatement.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

I do think if Republicans had not taken over the House in 2010 it would have been worse. But I do know that gas would not be approaching $4.00 a gallon if McCain was elected.

FDR took 3 terms because the New Deal actually delayed the recovery and prolonged the depression. It was World War 2 that brought us out.

4 years ago gasoline was under $2.00 a gallon. High gas prices effect everything. Filling up the tank, obviously, but everything that needs to be transported goes up in price. Been grocery shopping lately? Even Obama's hardcore foodstamp recipients are going to get upset when their foodstamp buying power takes a hit. What's worse the Obama regime has no problem with $6-7 a gallon gas.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Never said THAT now did I ??

Plus, FDR was a Democrat.

His cronies got rich off of the sweat of the majority too !!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

I'm a lot better off now than I was 4 years ago. And, that my friend is an understatement.

Good to hear !!

So am I.

I was smart enough to see the problems coming !!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I am not sure how you can claim this is strong job growth without using the term relative. But simply, the jobs market is growing at an anemic rate of 1.51 % year over year. Now if we were at the peak of employment, that would be one thing. But we are far from that.

The rate of corporate profit growth has dopped sharply. That is what drives future...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I'm significantly better off financially, than I was four years ago, but I was also not so bad off financially four years ago. I wish many of the people I encounter could also say the same thing. I don't believe President Obama has had anything to do with my good fortune, nor do I believe he's intentionally wrecked the country.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Please Give THIS Man a New Job !!

I don't even want him delivering my pizza's!

1. They would be late & cold.
2. It would be Bush's fault
3. He would expect a $500 tip

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mwood

I don't even want him delivering my pizza's!

1. They would be late & cold.
2. It would be Bush's fault
3. He would expect a $500 tip

#1 and #3 for sure !!

especially if he drives a Volt car

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Fdr didn't fix crap in fact he is one of the biggest reason this nation is screwed Both Fanny and Freddy their creation and Government legislation and "regulation" led to the current state of the union.

Are people really that ignorant? they broke it and they "try" to fix it go right ahead and blame bankers they only thing you people need to blame is Government.

All roads lead to Rome is an old saying but for this generation all roads do not lead to wall street....They all lead to Washington DC and career politicians.

Presidents come and go but congressman and their idiotic legislatiion outlives us all.

And No things are no better than they were 4 years ago the solution MORE,BIGGER,POWERFUL GOVERNMENT which means we are worse off and things are only going to get worse.
edit on 13-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join