It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emails from dead man's account spook loved ones

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
This is my first thread....so I did a search and didnt find anything on this, hope no one beats me to it midway through posting ha!

Found this on the BBC news a short while ago, very interesting stuff! I would so wish this could happen, what if someone deceased that you knew, could only send a message that would relate to you?! Amazingly cool thought

BBC news

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

It was his mum 100% guaranteed.

At the end of the video she near enough admits it...

" the emails that people had received, i thought they were fantastic, great, i saw they made people happy, upset some people, but to me its keeping people talking about him"

And then this under the vid

he messages referenced private conversations and personal details, but after an initial search, the friends have decided that it's not important to identify the sender. While his loved ones understand that these emails aren't really messages from the beyond, the brief notes still provide an unexpected connection with their late friend, and have helped with the grieving process.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
freeky

i think it could have been his mother though.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Digital communications opens the door for some really creepy stuff.

Emails from the dead. Parents making Facebook pages of their dead kid complete with updates. Dead Tweets.
I've encountered some voicemail messages from deceased people as well.

Creating and maintaining a virtual existence for whatever reason seems appealing to some.

It creeps me out.

Any effort put into maintaining the fake life of a dead person is effort that isnt going into your own life.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I read this earlier this morning on the BBC website. It's a wonderful story, and I'm glad it touched the hearts of his friends and loved ones, but I couldn't shake the feeling that it was the dead man's mother who sent them out.

Just from the way she acted during the interview. I didn't get any shady vibe from her, just the feeling that she knew more than she was letting on.

Either way, it's an interesting story. It would be nice to be able to believe that our loved ones can contact us from beyond the grave, but I just don't see proof here.

Seeing as it's your first thread, I'm giving you a star and flag. Welcome to ATS

edit on 13-3-2012 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I agree with all the above, I think too it was his Mum. I also really dont like the way that dead relatives keep pages open/updated on social networking sites, its more than creepy, and no, they're not getting on with their own lives while doing so much work on a deceased persons network.

I would love this to happen to me though, this is what I meant, not that for one minute I thought it was real (I've seen some weird stuff, but emailing/texting from the dead just hasnt happened in my world). And of course, I mean I would like it to happen for real
not some relative playing at making me happy if you get my meaning

PS...thank you Monger

edit on 13-3-2012 by Urbanshadow because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
she could easly activate his email account,most parents would know the secret questions there usualy mothers maiden name,first pet,street grew up on,grandfathers name ect.And he probly went home talked about they were going to clean that dudes atic,And shes bound to know about one of his best freinds having a broken ancle.
maby it her way of dealing with it,
in my opinion it was deffo her.
Still trippy story

edit on 13-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-3-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Urbanshadow

I just viewed this video this morning, as well.

I found it both touching and interesting. What caught my attention the most, was the fact that these emails were sent roughly 5-6 monthes AFTER the person passed on.

I am wondering if there is some type of time period after which those who pass, are able to, once again, communicate more freely with those left behind.

It was ALSO 5 and a half months AFTER my father passed away, that my wife began having my father show up in her dreams. She was surpised at his messages, as they were unsolicited, unexpected and offered words of comfort to us.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
There are many websites which let you send an email in to the future.

Not actually the future of course, but you write an email and it gets send for you at the desired date.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BcnDiamond

Agreed, although one email mentioned in this story referenced a friend breaking his leg...which apparently occured AFTER the 'ghostly' emailer in question was reported to have passed away.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If I got one of these emails (and actually knew the person who died of course) and later found out it was faked, I would be incredibly pissed off... But then to find out the mother did it, I would just feel terribly sorry for her twisted mind that she must be so torn apart by her sons death that she would do such a thing. So then I would find myself in the usual position of being angry but realizing the culprit is too helpless to really unleash my anger at them... It's frustrating at times, but what can you really do, as a self-perceived grown up surrounded by babes(children, babies, etc.)? It's like when you swat your dogs nose for pissing on the carpet and you can see in its eyes that it has no idea why you are causing it pain...

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Well, I suppose that if dead people can still vote, then emailing would probably not be beyond the realm of possibility. Anything can happen in an election year.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Flag from junkie.

I really cannot stand ATS's search function.

It is seriously inadequate.

Still it is a creepy story

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
That is a pretty creepy story indeed. Could have been the mother or it could be genuine. Spirits do tend to like electronics quite a bit.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

100% guaranteed?

Care to explain how you can do that?

Cheers

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
There have been so many things like this happening around the world that I do not doubt it for a second, here are a few that I have read:

AS AN ANSWER TO A DYING MOTHER'S FERVENT, DAILY PRAYERS, GOD MIRACULOUSLY CAUSED TWO DISTANT TELEPHONES TO RING SIMULTANEOUSLY

Vincent Tan, a chemist in Chattanooga had a supernatural encounter with an Angel named Gabriel in March of 1993. (Explained here) A woman in Iowa who was diagnosed with cancer and near death read about Vincent's experience.

On Saturday, April 6, 1996, Vincent was awakened at 4:30 a.m. with a burden to pray. He slipped to his knees beside his bed for a few moments, after which he returned to bed and to sleep. He arose later, and at 7 a.m. began his morning prayer time. At 7:30, as he was still praying, the telephone rang. So as not to be disturbed, he decided to let the answering machine take the call.

"Hello," Vincent said. Surprisingly, the other party also said, "Hello." Again, Vincent said, "Hello." Again, the lady on the other end said, "Hello." Vincent asked, "Do you want to speak to me?" The lady said, "No."

Vincent then asked, "Then why did you call me?" The lady said, "I didn't call you." Vincent explained that his phone rang and he had answered it. The lady said the same thing happened to her--that her phone rang and she had answered it. Vincent told her his name, and she said her name was Doris, and that she was in Iowa. They both concluded that somehow their lines must've become crossed, causing this freak mishap.

But in another surprise, Doris asked, "Are you the same Vincent who had an experience with an angel?" Vincent said yes. She said that every day for the past six months her mother had prayed that she would be able to meet or speak with Vincent before she died. In her prayers about this, she had claimed the promises of Jeremiah 32:27, which says, "Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?" and Jeremiah 33:3: "Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not." Doris explained that her mother was near death, and how that very morning, at 3:30 a.m., Iowa time (the exact same as Vincent's prayer at 4:30 a.m., Eastern Time) she was awake and felt led to seek the Lord and remind Him of her mother's request. She asked if Vincent would speak with her mother, to which Vincent agreed. At the end of his description, Vincent heard the mother say weakly, "Praise the Lord. Amen." This was followed by silence. All was strangely quiet. Vincent waited, thinking that Doris was taking him off the speaker. After a few moments, Doris broke the silence and came back on the regular telephone. "Praise the Lord," she said. "My mother just died." Quoted from here

Another from a ATS thread:

Originally posted by rubbertramp
the facts.

-my mom passed away about a week ago.
-me, my dad and both sisters were eating breakfast at the house.
-my cellphone rings in the next room, by the time i got to it all i received was 'missed call'.
-it was 'mom' whom i missed. called from the house we were all in at the time.
-huh? all of us were at the kitchen table, no one called my cell phone.
- none of us were near a phone when my cell rang.
-this one really got to the 4 of us. LINK

I see these things as nothing less than Divine "missions" that God assigns to His servants. Rebecca Springer wrote a book ("Within the Gates") explaining how Heaven's inhabitants are frequently sent to Earth on missions that are an extension of God's callings and gifting in their earth-life. This book is about the author's out of body experience and visit to heaven. I recommend it often and buy it for friends.

"Within the Gates" (formerly titled "Intra Muros" after the Latin for the same phrase and originally published in 1895) is the remarkable account of author Rebecca Springer's experience of being taken to Heaven in her spirit while her body lay dying and unconscious for several weeks. This is an excellent book to give to grieving family members.

The copyright has long since expired and the PDF can be found here and here

Ian Clayton has been sent on many supernatural "rescue" missions:

edit on 14-4-2012 by Murgatroid because: Added a quote

posted on Apr, 14 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
You can actually set this up yourself. There are services such as this one that are expressly for this purpose. You could really mess with someone's head over this. Hmm, might be kinda fun.

posted on Apr, 16 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
You can actually set this up yourself. There are services such as this one that are expressly for this purpose. You could really mess with someone's head over this. Hmm, might be kinda fun.

Except the email would be from the service, not the dead mans account. SO yeah, while this could be used to mess with someone, I don't think it's the case here. I would love to get a copy of one of the emails including the full header to see where it did come from.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Well, many believe it could be real. Also, people think Heavens must be having internet now because its creator is there. On serious note, digital identity management is something which is being viewed very seriously by rich, famous and wealthy people.
I read following article on the subject.
Are Dead People Using Social Media Sites Such As Facebook, Orkut And Others?

There are many possible ways to let the world know once the person is not here on the earth. There is nothing spooky in it.

posted on Apr, 23 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Weird I had a dream a relative set up a facebook account on behalf of my father - who passes in 2007. Then woke up to read this thread, heh. Saying that, I think it was the mother, too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join