It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all The Walking Dead fans

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
the season finale was awesome. I wasn't surprised by the people who lived and died but I was shocked with how they handled all of it. I haven't read the comics (considering it) so it's all new and fresh for me.

Some interesting things from an interview with Kirkman:

Possible Spoilers, Read At Your Own Risk:

1. that was not Tara from True Blod as Michonne.

insidetv.ew.com...

2. Merle might be back in season three:

(in reference to Daryl's asian driver joke)

I imagine Merle’s got a few of those, too.
Uh, if we ever see him again. You never know! It seems likely he could pop up in season 3. But I’m not going to comment.

From ew: insidetv.ew.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I was hoping a herd of zombies got Lori. Did you see the way she reacted when Rick told her he had to kill Shane?
Except for Lori, I am glad those who survived did.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Lori....what a bitch.

Indeed that scene on the road was infuriating when Rick told her about Shane that woman is pure evil.

That was stone cold they way the left Andrea as well.
edit on 19-3-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
How about Shane turning into a Zombie which means all of them were infected?

I thought that was just signifying that the spread effected the dead who were not killed somehow. I remember Shane and Rick were looking at two officers between show 207 209 and they were wondering HOW THEY GOT INFECTED AND WERE NOT BITTEN, could be something complex related like HADES rising the walking dead or something as simple as virus effecting the DNA of those marked genetically somehow(population marked unknowingly maybe RFID related?? So does this signal that all dead should face sever head trauma to eliminate/lower threat 1 does not know. Also has there ever been data recorded of mass graves found where many suffered head wound causes of death. I enjoyed the series it carried a lot of hypothetical data that 1 has observed on ATS survival threads with groups and control ect.
edit on 3/19/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

it was chaotic and, from the car, when the Z fell on top of andrea, it looked liked she was being eaten.

two things that bothered me about the whole episode

1. the zombies all shuffle along, like we expect them to, allowing carl and rick and the others to weave in and out of the horde. Back in the season 1, I believe it was Glen who was explaining to Rick that they move slowly, unless there's food near by and they are in large number and then they move faster. This was in the episode where they covered themselves with guts to mask the smell of fresh food. The zombies last night didn't seem to be following a scent at any point in the show and they certainly didn't get any faster. If anything, they were slower than normal. And why didn't they just go the covered with guts route and waltz out of there?

2. I can accept carl's head shot on Shane as lucky as all hell and a one off. However, these guys are all master marksmen. They were firing from moving cars, bouncing along unpaved dirt, in the dark, hitting moving targets with perfect headshots. This is impossible to do.

Best "you've got to be kidding me" moment? In the barn, when rick climbs the ladder and the zombies are all on fire, Rick and Carl pull out their guns and start shooting. Watch Carl, it looks like he pulls his piece from the back of his pants, like he's some kind of gangsta thug.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Dramatic effect i guess it is television after all that whole deal started back in Atlanta the black helicopter was back zombies heard it and started following it seems a lot of zombies were following it but really wasn't heading toward the farm until Carl fired that shot.

Shane hadn't gone psycho the farm would been safe but Rick hadn't stabbed Shane, and if Carl stayed in the house.

They really were moving slow guess hollywood can't make up it's mind about fast and slow zombies.

Loved the sign on the Fence "Tresspass it's ur ass" but didn't work out the way it's normally suppose to.

2. In a zombie apocalypse everyone with a gun is a marksman

Daryl had a great line It's good a time as any.....to die.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by neo96

Best "you've got to be kidding me" moment? .

When Rick and Carl jump on top of the RV from the barn....and instead of jimmy driving off immiediately (which I thought he would) R&C jump off then the walkers attack it and get him....

did i miss something? do i need to watch it again...maybe my timing/memory is off?
edit on March 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
**POSSIBLE SPOILERS**

The Walking Dead....

Fans of the comic book series will recognize her as Michonne. Reports have confirmed that "Treme" actress Danai Gurira (right) will play the hardened survivor, and she will have a major role in Season 3. She was seen with two chained walker pets (with their jaws and arms removed); in the comics one of them is her former boyfriend.

More at article along w/ a vid...
edit on March 19th 2012 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A main part of the show missed which 1 can understand was the overlords who would control the infestation and manage it till population dropped enough for the next phase of ??? and would then administer the cut off/ or vaccine
good show one of the best zombie shows I have seen as far as the mind work involved.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Daryl had a great line It's good a time as any.....to die.

he also managed to mock asian drivers.

I read somewhere that, since they didn't give a time frame, and we know that the opening scene of atlanta with the helicopter took place prior to the incident on the farm, it's possible that the helicopter shot took place when Rick first saw the helicopter in season one. the slow shuffle of the dead took that long to bring the horde to the farm.

another thing that makes me wonder about these survivors:

when they were first fleeing the CDC, they wound up on the highway, stuck in the stalled car traffic and a horde of zombies shuffled past. This resulted in Sophia getting lost and the crew going to find her which, in turn, led to their finding the farm.

They seemed rather comfy at the farm, never once discussing the possibility of the horde finding it's way to them. Seems to me it was probably the same farm. great writing in the sense that the entire season came full circle from with the horde. terrible writing in that they ignored the massive amount of zombies they escaped which also makes Lori's horrific parenting skills even more horrific. Carl roams rather freely. If he were my kid, he'd be chained to me at all times.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

jimmy, being an idiot, seemed to have left the door open for them. Carl appeared to drop into the RV as Rick went around the side to kill the zombies but then Carl mysteriously climbed down the back with rick.

carl keeping his gun in his butt crack was ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

he also managed to mock asian drivers.

Yes he did bad Daryl bad.

I read somewhere that, since they didn't give a time frame, and we know that the opening scene of atlanta with the helicopter took place prior to the incident on the farm, it's possible that the helicopter shot took place when Rick first saw the helicopter in season one. the slow shuffle of the dead took that long to bring the horde to the farm.

That thought had occurred to me as well because the Z's were shown still eating Rick's horse.

They seemed rather comfy at the farm, never once discussing the possibility of the horde finding it's way to them. Seems to me it was probably the same farm. great writing in the sense that the entire season came full circle from with the horde. terrible writing in that they ignored the massive amount of zombies they escaped which also makes Lori's horrific parenting skills even more horrific. Carl roams rather freely. If he were my kid, he'd be chained to me at all times.

Yeah Virgil had it right they fooled themselves in to a false sense of security deniail that everything is just fine.

I do agree there has been some terrible writing from Rick getting out of the hospital and guns and humvee's laying around and he decides to walk even seeing the after math of Z day.

Then in Atlanta more guns and tanks laying around and a fully loaded browning m2 just sitting there and hes like meh so what.

I can't really comment about Lori her character is a "T c violation" she really is evil incarnate and no kidding Carl running around while she was off screwing Shane to her going to the windmill and going after Shane again.

then road scene was the last straw there Rick is telling her how shane tried to kill him and she was a flat out witch with a b.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

then road scene was the last straw there Rick is telling her how shane tried to kill him and she was a flat out witch with a b.

more so since she certainly seemed to be hinting that Shane needed to be "dealt with" throughout the last few episodes.

maybe we'll get lucky and the baby will be still born, reanimate inside her and eat its way out.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

That was mean she deserves it tho.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

more so since she certainly seemed to be hinting that Shane needed to be "dealt with" throughout the last few episodes.

maybe we'll get lucky and the baby will be still born, reanimate inside her and eat its way out.

only that scenario could have come from you

thanks for clearing up my confussion. i probably should have paused, rewind and watched again...

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
What a great ending. To much 'cliffhangers' though

Also i have never read the comics, and didnt see the first few episodes of season 1.

Anyways has anyone ever thought of when Lori's baby will be born? And what part in the movie it has? Maybe it plays a key part in the storyline.
Maybe this baby will be born with a cure, possibly because since everyone has the 'virus' in them already, this baby being conceived by two humans that already have the virus, maybe the baby will be 'immortal' to the zombie virus.

That HUGE 'base' thats so close to where they are on the road, they are obviously going to find it and start 'bunkering' down.

anyway glad to read some other opinions on the story.

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Can anybody speak to Michoinne and what she is about? Obviously The walking Dead show is heavily Fan motivated. Because fans have been calling for her to be on the show since the start of season 2. Like is as much of a badass as people say she is??

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

let's see, she kills with a samurai sword and totes two armless, lower jawless zombies on chains.

she seems to be as badarse as they come

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by American-philosopher

Michonne (pronounced ME-SHOWN) was an attorney who practiced fencing when she was young. The zombies that follow her are her boyfriend and his best friend. The sword she uses is her neighbors, which was used by the teenage son of said neighbors to kill her cat. She spent her free time weightlifting and watching football.

She's the first survivor in the story that has truly embraced the world for what it is. She is super adaptive, quiet, yet doesn't want to be a loner. But because of her being the first to embrace the end of the world, she comes across as larger than life. She has learned to take out zombies easier than it was to take out the trash. This will become a trait shared by many of the main survivors on the show.

Right now, there's a vocal group on many forums complaining about her abilities and general introduction. If this upsets them, they should opt out now, because it's not going to get any more realistic.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join