It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all The Walking Dead fans

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

seldom does the movie work out better than a very good book. it's not difficult to take a mediocre story and turn it into something amazing on the screen but to take a truly engrossing book and turn it into a movie that is the same, or better, is very difficult.

I agree. Take a look at Jurassic Park, but in Jurassic Park's instance they were restricted by technology and budget, also length of film. You can't squeeze a 600 page book into a 2 hour movie, but a show is different, leaving plenty of time to flesh things out. They've already spent about half a season too long at Hershel's farm, and there isn't anything in the book that would be too costly to accomplished, based on what they've done already. The changes just come across as "change for the sake of change" while ditching the perfection that was the original in the process.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show. I just have to look at it as an independent entity I guess. All I can say is...

Ding Dong, Shane is Gone!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Please forgive the yelling that's about to spew forth from my keyboard....I WILL NOT READ THIS THREAD DUE TO THE FACT THAT I JUST STARTED WATCHING THE LAST EPISODE & I LOVE THIS SERIES!!! I can honestly say that this is the only show that I refuse to miss an episode of. Now please...HUSH YOU FACE!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by SaturnFX

Which all depends if AMC picks it up for another season which is hard telling.

they said season 3 will pick up this fall.
blogs.amctv.com...
edit on 13/3/12 by gunshooter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I love this show

I didn't like Rick's wife agitating things between Rick and Shane. Even so, Shane got what he deserved. My take on Shane turning into a zombie is--the virus mutated and now everyone is infected. I bet the guy at CDC probably told him to pray the virus didn't mutate.
I hope next season will be longer! I just can't get enough of this show.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If I was in charge of the group Shane would have been gone a long time ago along with Andrea.

The prisoner: The plan would have been to load him up and drive him out 50 miles and let him go......
That's what the group would think but I would have put him down once we got out there.

Everybody thinks he is alive and all is warm and fuzzy but there would be no worries of him coming back with friends.

There are lessons to be learned from this show about when TSHTF and how a group survives.

I have let it be known that if it happens here there is NO democracy and what I say goes. Live with it or hit the road.

To many cooks spoil the pot.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
I think it may have something to do with the burning of the bodies. The particulates are in the lungs after breathing around the fire and smoke?...

Or maybe Shawn infected himself in the bus by cutting his own hand to render blood as bait, AFTER head stabbing a few walkers.

Anyhow, how does Carl miss the walker in the swamp but shoot literally inches past his own dads cranium and headshot Shawn after he becomes a walker? cmon...

The last cutaway with all the zombies just over the hill was scary as BALL$$$$$

Next Sunday night will be a nail biter. Any more info/insight?

carl never got that shot off in the swamp, watch again and you'll see.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus
carl shot and missed in the swamp

turn up the volume on your TV really loud, and watch that scene again, then come back here and tell us what you witnessed.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I've read the entire storyline of the comics and I have to admit that I too am shocked at Dale's death so early. I think they're planning on replacing his relationship with Andrea by having Daryl fill the spot. He certainly lasted much longer in the comics.

I was talking to someone the other day who has read the comics and he said the name, "The Walking Dead," isn't about the zombies, but the survivors. Since they're all already infected and the virus just kicks in when they 'die'. Kinda blew my mind. lol Not to mention the Dr. at the CDC said, "Nothing new..." when he took their blood test. He was hoping one of them would be virus-free.

I hated Shane and wanted him gone, but the show will be kinda weird without the community bad guy around. Daryl could fill the spot but he seems to have more sense to him and less interest in conflicts with the group.

I can't wait until the finale this week. And I'm super stoked about the introduction of the Governor next season.

Also, best intro of any show in my opinion! Definitely best intro music!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I liked Shane, he was a hot bad boy.

Dang it. Now, you all told me he's dead. Grr. Haven't even watched.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by SaturnFX

did carol's husband get beat up for smacking her around or killed?

he's the only death I can think of that might not have been zombie related

I think he got killed by the group.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
!!!SPOILER!!!
[[Shane got killed by Rick, after he tried to kill Rick.
Shane was not infected, as the previous happenings in the episode, it is obvious that the Virus has mutated, infecting corpses.]]

I really love the show, although there is much I do not agree with.

- Why "hide" on a farm surrounded by open field? Sorry, but that's just stupid. ( I know all of the Gamers will start ranting about a long line of sight and so on, but considering the realism the shows claims to depict, a farm would not be the first choice of any professional thinking man trying to save and protect a group of survivors)

The best place to barricade yourself into would undeniably be a Bank vault. You would neither have to worry about zombies breaking in, nor would anyone have to guard the Vault during night time due to automatically opening and closing vault doors.

- Rick is an excellent leader for the group and the only one capable of leading, however many of his decisions are not beneficial for the group and are often selfish.
A police officer, soldier, or any rational thinking person would stock up on heavy weaponry and ammo..

- IF there ever was a Zombie Apocalypse.....does anyone seriously think the military would be overrun?
Let me put it simple and plain: NO, they would not. The military has planned every worst case scenario anyone could imagine, and probably even has a few operational plans for an event like this.

I know, many will flame and argue with my point of view, but to be honest, the more seasons they make, the more unrealistic it becomes.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
If I remember correctly the Dr at the CDC said he didn't know if it was a virus, a bacteria, a fungal infection or something else entirely. Maybe a dormant gene in humans is turned on by some environmental factor like solar radiation. Or maybe a case of stem cell experimentation gone very wrong. Or maybe a vaccine that's been around for 80 years or so. But I guess it will probably turn out to be a virus.

All week I look forward to a new episode. I haven't enjoyed a show this much since the X Files.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pakd-on-mystery
!!!SPOILER!!!

- Why "hide" on a farm surrounded by open field? Sorry, but that's just stupid. ( I know all of the Gamers will start ranting about a long line of sight and so on, but considering the realism the shows claims to depict, a farm would not be the first choice of any professional thinking man trying to save and protect a group of survivors)

The best place to barricade yourself into would undeniably be a Bank vault. You would neither have to worry about zombies breaking in, nor would anyone have to guard the Vault during night time due to automatically opening and closing vault doors.

-

How much food can you grow in a bank vault?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Considering that they were advertising season 3 during the commercials, I would assume that it will be back in the early/late fall

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

No spoilers here:

Yeah I have been thinking of Daryl's brother too. Thats what I wrote in the other thread, that his lost bro will save the group when they are found be the jersey outlaws.

I didnt read any spoilers here, thats just what I came up with.

I must say this is the best TV series I have seen in such a long time and im happy its doing well and wont be canceld!

The series slowed down a lot on the farm, but they really did a good job of building up some huge momentum which is now finally all playing out. Shane had to go and I was happy that Rick DID him.

Daryl is one of my fave characters of the series. I just think the actor plays that role really good.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Thanks for spoiling it for me...not all of us get the episode the same day it airs in the US..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I think its because shane got stabbed with the same knife that Rick killed zombies with. Then again that kid that shane killed came back. Maybe the virus is airborne now. The season finale trailer looks crazy, like they all get cornered and killed.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I'm ready for them to get the heck off the farm. The series was a lot more interesting when they were on the run trying to find refuge. I particularly enjoyed it when they made it to the research center and holed up there for a while, the whole thing about surviving on nothing and then suddenly having hot showers, food and electricity was an interesting contrast. I wish they had explored that more rather than doing the whole "ticking time bomb" thing so quickly. The whole farm thing has been long, drawn out and boring. It's turned from an action drama show into a soap opera.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Daver2056

Ooooohhhh! I didn't think about that possibility!
I've also wondered exactly how they've avoided infection when they have open cuts, kill a zombie & become splattered with zombie blood. At some point some of that infected blood has to get into an open wound.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Haha yeah of course Shane killed him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join