It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling all The Walking Dead fans

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

they did that in one of the living dead remakes. the one in the mall, I think

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

that's some pretty important information to withhold. the kind of tidbit that gets people killed.

Rick walks a fine line trying to balance out keeping spirits up in the group, and being honest about the situation.
Seems his humanitarian side tends to overrule his frankness about the situation...perhaps he is thinking we are all the walking dead already, it would cause more damage than good in the short term...once settled, then break the news about how it was all over before it even started.

Moron, perhaps..but it does no good if everyone goes into shock and half the group off's themselves out of depression and lost future hope.

tricky situation...but he should have at least started with a very close knit group of people to know this info so they can put a bullet in the head of anyone dying.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I agree that keeping that from the group is wrong decision, but he's been making a lot of decisions based on moral principles and one of those is protecting his family and trying to keep things as normal as possible, especially for Carl, seems like he hinted that he couldn't keep doing that anymore (conversation in the loft of the barn) but maybe I just read too much into it, given that I had heard this other info prior to seeing the show...

Daryl and Glen have it figured out, or are starting to suspect.

edit on 13-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

perhaps, as his son lay dying from a bullet wound, he might pass along the information to the doctor or whomever is keeping watch as he recovers.

you know, something like, "listen, we know he might not make it and, if he doesn't, here's a gun because there's a pretty good chance he'll get back up and eat your face"

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
(conversation in the loft of the barn) but maybe I just read too much into it, given that I had heard this other info prior to seeing the show...

I am starting to think that this is made like game of thrones...where every sentence can actually be broken apart and analysed. They don't speak unless it somehow effects a person or the plot as a whole...

Perhaps that is why he was insistent on the boy holding the gun and mentioning he will be dead one day also, and his mother...aka, don't hesitate.

____

Has there been any deaths of regular people that hasn't involved serious head trama where they didn't come back? I keep thinking of the different people that died..and ya, so far, everyone whom died either came back, or got a bullet in the head...difference between randall/shane and the rest is, no zombies ripped them apart in the process, so, was the first clear incident of what happens when you die (and not by a zombie).

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

perhaps, as his son lay dying from a bullet wound, he might pass along the information to the doctor or whomever is keeping watch as he recovers.

you know, something like, "listen, we know he might not make it and, if he doesn't, here's a gun because there's a pretty good chance he'll get back up and eat your face"

Well, thats when the dumb comes into play. Can't just say...here, if my son turns ugly, blow his brains out....that means you will have to entertain the thought that he might not pull through to begin with, and a parent is pretty much not in the mood to ever contemplate such things.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

I don't know if that's the case so much as he's just teaching his son the cold truth about the world. When he confronted carl regarding his saying there's no heaven, you just die, Rick's reaction was a shrug and a "true but" face. I think he treats his child like he's older, primarily because he needs Carl to be as grown up as he can.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Pretty sure there are going to be a lot of plot holes in this series like don't think we are ever going to find out what was whispered into Ricks ear.

Got to admit Rick's wife carrying a zombie baby had occured to me as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

did carol's husband get beat up for smacking her around or killed?

he's the only death I can think of that might not have been zombie related

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
Well, thats when the dumb comes into play. Can't just say...here, if my son turns ugly, blow his brains out....that means you will have to entertain the thought that he might not pull through to begin with, and a parent is pretty much not in the mood to ever contemplate such things.

Normally, I'd agree. As a parent, you simply don't allow those thoughts to creep into your mind but, if you are now in a zombie situation, you sort of have to tell at least the person keeping watch. if you don't, and your kid, who is hanging by a thread, dies in the night, you will wake to find your wife chewing on your entrails.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Wasn't he bitten in the zombie attack at the camp along with Andrea's sister?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Keep in mind, they aren't trying to bring every aspect of the comics to life. Clearly they are using some major plots and characters from the comics, and maybe an overall direction, but ultimately they are going for their own unique feel.

I understand that, but I just wish that when they made changes they would be "improvements." Everything they've changed so far has been lackluster.... except the introduction of the Dixon brothers. Daryl is kinda a badass. The rest, Sophia, Dale, the way Shane died. Those moments just weren't as powerful as what was originally written. Just my humble opinion of course.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

seldom does the movie work out better than a very good book. it's not difficult to take a mediocre story and turn it into something amazing on the screen but to take a truly engrossing book and turn it into a movie that is the same, or better, is very difficult.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

I wasn't sure but I think that's correct.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

did carol's husband get beat up for smacking her around or killed?

he's the only death I can think of that might not have been zombie related

He got the snot beat out of him
but his death came at a hoard of zombies entering camp and chewing his face off in his tent.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Normally, I'd agree. As a parent, you simply don't allow those thoughts to creep into your mind but, if you are now in a zombie situation, you sort of have to tell at least the person keeping watch. if you don't, and your kid, who is hanging by a thread, dies in the night, you will wake to find your wife chewing on your entrails.

Actually, I think in a zomb apoc, you have to be even more delusional about the reality of the situation just as a survival instinct.
Keep in mind, Rick looked down at Dale, with his intestines painting the field and thought Hershell could somehow operate and put all the stuff on the outside back in him right on the spot.

The guy isn't dealing with the reality of the danger and death breathing down on him.

He looks out at the world, seeing it filled with zombies everywhere, he looks at the survivors, all of them zombies in the making, just waiting for the pulse to stop before they all turn and thinks...you know, lets have a baby, everything is going to be a-ok.

Good leader material, because he keeps the hope alive, but sadly, I think he just stabbed the other leg that is required for the survivability of the group...Rick needed shane's shrewd and dispassionate view of the group. It was the hard choice logic and self preservation skills that Rick lacked. Pity he was nutty for the woman...he was a very valueable asset to the group...now they got to deal with Darryl and his apathetic nature towards the group as a whole for that side of things.

But ya, Rick is half a man..a good half, but still not dealing in the reality of the situation.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Rick's got a bit of shane in him, as was evidenced in that final scene. Rick walked towards him and shane was lowering his gun and he looked like he might be moving to hug Rick.

Pretty Shane like to slip a a blade between his ribs and into his still very much beating heart

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I think it was rather obvious that whatever value Shane had, was becoming increasingly dangerous to on. He was losing mentally, about to snap. Question is: was it the virus wearing him down, or was he just becoming increasingly unstable?

edit on 13-3-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I think that Shane was always messed up in the head when Rick was in the hospital he left Rick for dead then shacked up with Ricks wife then beat the hell out of that guy then killed Otis and was plotting to get rid of Rick since his return.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

good question regarding the virus. when he was with Randall, those zombie flashes were intense. I wonder if you also run the risk of simply turning into a zombie or if you need to die first. he was clearly losing control of his sanity. that began long ago but those zombie screen cuts seemed to imply he was losing his inner battle with the virus within

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join