It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Romney in trouble in the South?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
After last weeks gaffe about grits, Romney flounders with the hunting groups and NRA people.
Huffopost

"I am looking forward to going hunting with you sometime," Romney told comedian Jeff Foxworthy during an appearance in Mobile, Ala. "And you can actually show me which end of the rifle to point."

He also talked up Southern food on Monday, when he said he ate catfish for the second time and liked it, despite previously saying he wasn't a fan.

Ahead of the 2012 election, Romney is still asked about that hunting gaffe, but has taken pains to boost his gun rights bona fides. The campaign said on Feb. 29 that Romney owns two shotguns, both purchased after the 2008 election. "I'm not the great hunter," he said when asked about "varmint" hunting during a January debate in South Carolina. "I'm not a serious hunter, but I must admit -- I guess I enjoy the sport and when I get invited, I’m delighted to be able to go hunting."

Boy, this guy will swing whatever way the wind blows to get the nomination. I can't picture him getting out of his Dockers. This guy can not connect with the general public at all and seems to grow worse everyday.
Who is voting for this fraud and how is he winning the primaries?
I would rather Romney be honest and state he likes sailing and caviar, better than the feeble attempts to connect with the populace.

edit on 3/13/2012 by mugger because: entered to fast

edit on 3/13/2012 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It appears that Romney is in trouble. Alabama and Mississippi just trounced Romney. Santorum in first and to my surprise Newt in 2nd
I figured with all of Romney's backers and money, he would have at least pulled out 2nd place.
Let's see how they spin this disaster.
Huffop ost

Missouri on Saturday, in Illinois in a week, and in Louisiana on March 24,

See how Romney fairs in the next 3 coming up.

edit on 3/14/2012 by mugger because: sp.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The old boy went to Alabama talking about "grits", and commenting that he was learning to say "y'all"
Too much of that comes across as shallow and condescending, especially from someone of his stature. I don't think people thought it was 'adorable'.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I think it's more like the solidly red South is in trouble gaining support in their own states let alone the GOP. Santorum only won a difference of something like 3-6 percentage points over Romney in Mississippi and Alabama. In these states a person like him should be winning with double digits over Romney for petes sakes. Gingrich, deep south homeboy there, couldn't even gain sufficient support in those two States to come first, he was fighting for second place with Romney of all people.

Everybody knows that deep southern support doesn't pull any more weight than it did in the past for the decider of the GOP candidate hence their showing in these primaries. Come nomination time, when Romney is nominated, not if, but when, those 'very conservative' folks are going to all vote for him like clockwork. Romney knows this, so does the GOP establishment.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Who is voting for this fraud and how is he winning the primaries?

He's not winning the primaries, he's buying them.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
To win in the south you have to know all the buzz words...Santorum is a slide-in for a place like the south. Romney doesn't need those delegates and is way ahead anyways.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

Romney is totally worthless!!!

-John

edit on 18-3-2012 by johnu78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It doesnt matter, he will never beat Obama. Only Paul as an independent. The ONLY reason Romney and santorum did so well is because they cheated.. ahahaa Like they are gonna do for Obama.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BellaSabre
The old boy went to Alabama talking about "grits", and commenting that he was learning to say "y'all"
Too much of that comes across as shallow and condescending, especially from someone of his stature. I don't think people thought it was 'adorable'.

Yup - I agree. He tried the wrong tact and it backfired on him. What he tried was to far from what he actually is and it make him look as you said and it turned people off.

He'd have been far better off to have just campaigned on bringing back jobs, boosting the economy, etc and made the standard promises about religion, guns, etc..

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Well, we see where Obama has gotten us... we're further and further downhill now and stripped of a lot of our freedoms /rights, almost alllll.

& Romney and his ''sacred garments ''should have no place within the Bible belt at all. With warped thinking such as his, and Obama's how much more worse do you think our country could become? We need someone with a brain and morals.

IMO, Ron Paul is the best choice for candidate. He has long stood- FOR the people!

top topics

join