It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its official: Im an Empath......how about you?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

No, i dont know you. But i do know that everyone who claims to have "powers" is talking crap. Everyone. Every. Single. One. And therefore that includes you. You don't have special empath powers and i suspect that you know that you don't.

edit on 5-9-2012 by 3danimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator
reply to post by Talltexxxan

No, i dont know you. But i do know that everyone who claims to have "powers" is talking crap. Everyone. Every. Single. One. And therefore that includes you. You don't have special empath powers and i suspect that you know that you don't.

Have you asked yourself, 3danimator, why you felt compelled to post in this thread, instead of just passing it by and writing it off as the ramblings of a bunch of nutters?

Have you asked yourself how you came to the conclusion that every single person who believes in the unbelievable is "talking crap"?

Do you know the reason this type of talk makes you feel fear? Do you know why you feel threatened?

I'm sure you will say you are not afraid, and that is fine. But, your intent here - attempting to belittle and make fun of random people who happen to believe in possibilities other than the ones you accept as truth - tells another story.

There are many well-documented cases of unexplained phenomena having to do with brain functions we cannot scientifically prove. True, not all humans may be able to access these brain functions. But, that does not make it a "super power", as you are inferring.

You are no less important or powerful than anyone else if you cannot access certain brain functions. In truth, you are probably more "powerful" than other people at something else (some other type of ability), because your brain happens to work differently. There's nothing wrong with that.
edit on 9/5/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

You claim to have your personal personnality and while you believe this you will not know wholeness, i do not find this unacceptable. However if you are seeking wholeness/oneness the 'individual must go.
Putting yourself in a box with a label on is what keeps you separate. You can never be separate from the whole but the labels and beliefs cause confusion.
You say you are stubborn but i bet you are not stubbon all the time. Stubbornness arises and subsides.
You are what knows stubbornness, you are what knows happiness, sadness, grief etc. You are the no thingness that knows things - like stubbornness.
The things (the content, experience) come and go but what you are is prior to any appearance. Stubbornness is an appearance that comes and goes. What you are does not come and go.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Thank you for your concern. Believe me, i'm not living in fear and i don't fear things like this. Im a scientist at heart (physics degree) and just have a low tolerance of bullcrap. It doesn't scare me. it doesn't affect my life. I just like to call bullcrap out when i read it. That's all.

i understand that there are brain functions that we don't understand. I get it. But since not a single person in recorded history has managed to show their "skills" under close, laboratory, independent scrutiny (let alone multiple times that are required in order to be taken as proof), i'm going to keep calling bullcrap on these matters until one of you has the courage and the conviction to prove to us all that you are not liars.

Simple enough no? And yet..and yet no one has stepped forward...Quelle surprise!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 3danimator

You do realize this is the Metaphysics forum?

Physics degree or not, you don't seem to understand that we are speaking about things which cannot currently be quantified using our collectively small amount of knowledge about the universe and the brain's functioning.

You can't call another human's life experiences "bullcrap". That is your opinion, sure, but it doesn't change the fact that there are people who - daily - experience the unexplainable.

We are not smart enough to explain it. You are not smart enough to explain it. This doesn't mean it isn't real.

I'm not sure what "stepping forward" has to do with anything? If you will read detailed descriptions of various CIA experiments in psychics and mind control and remote viewing, you will see that there have been "psychically gifted" people who were used in these experiments. Are they always 100% "correct"? Of course not, this is because they are pulling details about other humans. And, what is one thing we know about humans? Humans change.

Trying to use fleeting information gained about another human several years later will always bring disappointment. Because, that information will be outdated. Just like any other type of surveillance or spy info.

If I came up to you and told you something about yourself that I "heard", you would likely deny it. Just as you have denied feeling fear about this topic. Yet, in the same paragraph, you insist that since you have a physics degree, you are uniquely qualified to give blanket statements about how the brains of humans work with fervor. You do not, though, see that this obstinacy and anger at others is based in the emotion of fear. Fear that your degree in physics means nothing, and fear that you actually do not know what you are talking about. Your ego doesn't allow you to acknowledge this.

I am only "wrong" because you deny that what I hear is true. But, I don't deny what I have heard, because I have heard it. That's the way it works. I have heard your fear, you have denied it. I have explained your fear, and you will likely still deny it. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, that doesn't mean I have not heard it, it just means that you will not confirm it.

So, "bullcrap" or not, we are left with this:

Some people have experiences which cannot be explained scientifically and which seem incredible to others.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot

So, "bullcrap" or not, we are left with this:

Some people have experiences which cannot be explained scientifically and which seem incredible to others.

Sure...its called ones imagination.

edit on 6-9-2012 by 3danimator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Science huh? yea....I got a physics degree too.....its hanging in my bathroom above the toilet....Im also a realist...Ive been to war...seen death....been poor.....been rich. I've lived 2 lifetimes in 1. Amazing no? I bet you could even take that at face value right? How? Youre a man of science.....you demand proof right?

Point is while all of that is true...the fact that i can read the close minded intent in your words and feel the vein pop out of your forehead as you read through the thread is also true. I am also empathic and severely so. My wife didn't believe in it either, she does now. Not because i say so, but because over time she has been able to witness what I am capable of....and she hates me for it. She doesn't say that she does, she doesn't have to, I can feel it.

Being a man of science even you must admit that there are things that science has yet to be able to explain. And even you being a man of science could entertain the notion that since science cannot explain everything absolutley, other possibilites must be available. Logically speaking of course......unless youre a bad scientist and not very good at it in which case that would explain a lot about your current position. After all science has barely scraped the surface of what the human mind can do.

Its like the center of the earth. How do you know its there? What its made of? Has anyone been to the center of the earth? No? Well then it must be BS right cause you can't prove it absolutely exists. All you can do is speculate what its made up of and how it works.....right?

And while you do not feel fear, you are very much deeply afraid....even a child can see that. The closed avenues you take to foster your position is just a road map to beliefs rooted in insecurity and bad mental programming. I blame schools and television for that. Watch....now your gonna get upset and project your witty retort in an even louder manner so that you make yourself sound like you know what your talking about, in a thread where you don't know what your talking about......because you have no common frame of reference..so youre offended at the very idea to the point of projecting disbelief.

There are schucksters out there your right about that, but the real to life talent you would propose to insult do not deserve that label. Just as you probably don't deserve the post Im directing to you. The possibility of someone being different in a way you cannot easily quantify should not be thrown to the side. Especially since you are capable of the samething under the right triggers.

When you eliminate the impossible what ever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. And since science cannot prove it is impossible, that must make it improbable....yet still possible.

Scientifically speaking of course.....

edit on 6-9-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

Science huh? yea....I got a physics degree too.....its hanging in my bathroom above the toilet....Im also a realist...Ive been to war...seen death....been poor.....been rich. I've lived 2 lifetimes in 1. Amazing no? I bet you could even take that at face value right? How? Youre a man of science.....you demand proof right?

Point is while all of that is true...the fact that i can read the close minded intent in your words and feel the vein pop out of your forehead.

HAHA...why do you guys think this thread is making me mad? Its not in the slightest. I think you are all liars and a bit nuts. Why on earth would i be mad?

Being a man of science even you must admit that there are things that science has yet to be able to explain. And even you being a man of science could entertain the notion that since science cannot explain everything absolutley, other possibilites must be available. Logically speaking of course......unless youre a bad scientist and not very good at it in which case that would explain a lot about your current position. After all science has barely scraped the surface of what the human mind can do.

Of course i accept that there are huge amounts of things we dont know or understand. Thats the whole point of science. You come up with a theory, then test it over and over again, get others to test it and corroborate your results, then when all are happy, you publish. THATS science. But you guys with your special powers. Not a single one of you has the courage or conviction to get your tested properly. No one, in the whole world has been confident enough to prove to the world that yo uguys can do what you say. So..being a scientist, i understand that skepticism should be the default position until proven otherwise. Since you guys can prove bugger all...i dont believe you.

Its like the center of the earth. How do you know its there? What its made of? Has anyone been to the center of the earth? No? Well then it must be BS right cause you can't prove it absolutely exists. All you can do is speculate what its made up of and how it works.....right?

What an idiotic thing to say. We know the core is there from analysing propagating waves. There is clearly something there. Its composition? Well, yes we are not sure, but we can make an EDUCATED GUESS from the multitude of things we DO know. Do you understand how it works? The geologists are not just coming up with random things for the core to be made of "....ok ok...i got it, its a giant topaz core!". No, they are making educated guesses from decades of research at their disposal

And while you do not feel fear, you are very much deeply afraid....even a child can see that. The closed avenues you take to foster your position is just a road map to beliefs rooted in insecurity and bad mental programming. I blame schools and television for that. Watch....now your gonna get upset and project your witty retort in an even louder manner so that you make yourself sound like you know what your talking about, in a thread where you don't know what your talking about......because you have no common frame of reference..so youre offended at the very idea to the point of projecting disbelief.

And here we have the typical response from you guys. That i, we, are scared. So deeply scared. ....no we are not. I cant even begin to comprehend what you think im scared of? Hey, if you guys really do turn out to have special powers..then good for you! But if it makes you feel better to think im here, scared of...something...then fine. My beliefs are solid. I believe in science. Not just what i can see....in scientific method. And that includes things we dont know and cant see.

There are schucksters out there your right about that, but the real to life talent you would propose to insult do not deserve that label. Just as you probably don't deserve the post Im directing to you. The possibility of someone being different in a way you cannot easily quantify should not be thrown to the side. Especially since you are capable of the samething under the right triggers.

You are all bull#ters. You do NOT have any special powers whatsoever. Its in your mind.

When you eliminate the impossible what ever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. And since science cannot prove it is impossible, that must make it improbable....yet still possible.

Ummm...it doesn't work like that. What, are you still in school or something? Am i arguing with a 16 year old? I cant prove unicorns DON'T exist, that doesn't make them possible

Scientifically speaking of course.....

edit on 6-9-2012 by Kastogere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

All you did was prove me correct...your reply was that of a very black and white type of personality.

No I am not 16, yes i know all about the study of the core of the earth....I was just being antagonistic in my example there science guy.

Yet..you seem to have reacted exactly as i said you would.

No, I don't have special powers, and I cant lift a bus off of your loved ones during a freak tornado. But I do sense and feel emotions in others that do not originate from me.....why do you find this so hard to believe?

You do realize that there are many scientists studing this exact thing right? So its not the way of proving a purple unicorn. There has to be something there (by your own words) or they wouldn't be studing it.

And unlike most empaths Im not very nice to others on purpose. You study physical properties based off of your ideals and (your words) guesses to create a theory on what may or may not be correct. i study people in the deepest sense...people like you are a science project to me. Just another rat in a maze. The more emotion you reply with in your written words the more I can glean your intent and feel the residual emotion behind them.

And sorry to say, I do not lie. Im the most honest person you'll ever meet. I don't care if you don't believe me or what have you. I sure do hope you never have to expeirence something you cannot explain...let alone walk a mile in my shoes for a day. You'd probably go nuts trying to find solid scientific answers in such a huge grey area. My god the narrow perception that is your world.

Fact of the matter is this, i do not wish this "gift" on anyone, I sure as hell didn't ask for it. And for someone with a closed mind as yours to berate those whom you don't even know. There is nothing abnormal or crazy about most of us. You'd never know to see us. We look like you, bleed like you, feel like you....ok maybe not feel like you...we feel more than you.

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it doesn't happen. To throw us under the crazy bus and call us liars and nutts just proves how petty of a mind you really have. And further drives home the reality of the problem which isn't us....it's you.

I wish you were standing next to me, you'd have all of the unexplained proof you'd ever need...and I assure you....that experience would leave you scared.

Now back to my project...care to show me on the doll where the ice cream man touched you?

A troll for a troll.....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

All you did was prove me correct...your reply was that of a very black and white type of personality.

Wow...what a coincidence!

No I am not 16, yes i know all about the study of the core of the earth....I was just being antagonistic in my example there science guy.

Yet..you seem to have reacted exactly as i said you would.

Again, what a coincidence! And you reacted exactly as I knew you would. See? I can talk # and pretend that its all going exavtly as i predicted too

No, I don't have special powers, and I cant lift a bus off of your loved ones during a freak tornado. But I do sense and feel emotions in others that do not originate from me.....why do you find this so hard to believe?

Yes, many people can do that, its called reading peoples faces and mannerisms. Believe it or not, im actually very good at telling peoples moods.and any shift in said moves. But i dont go around calling myself an empath. Its just normal human behaviour. Some people are just better at it than others.

You do realize that there are many scientists studing this exact thing right? So its not the way of proving a purple unicorn. There has to be something there (by your own words) or they wouldn't be studing it.

There are also "scientists" looking for the entrance to the hollow Earth. When your guys find something anything at ALL, even the smallest bit of testable success, let me know.

And unlike most empaths Im not very nice to others on purpose. You study physical properties based off of your ideals and (your words) guesses to create a theory on what may or may not be correct. i study people in the deepest sense...people like you are a science project to me. Just another rat in a maze. The more emotion you reply with in your written words the more I can glean your intent and feel the residual emotion behind them.

Great. But since you have been very very wrong so far, about me being mad and about veins popping...im not going to take any further diagnosis from you seriously.

And sorry to say, I do not lie. Im the most honest person you'll ever meet. I don't care if you don't believe me or what have you. I sure do hope you never have to expeirence something you cannot explain...let alone walk a mile in my shoes for a day. You'd probably go nuts trying to find solid scientific answers in such a huge grey area. My god the narrow perception that is your world.

I have experienced many things i cant explain. But the difference is i dont jump to incredible conclusions.

Fact of the matter is this, i do not wish this "gift" on anyone, I sure as hell didn't ask for it. And for someone with a closed mind as yours to berate those whom you don't even know. There is nothing abnormal or crazy about most of us. You'd never know to see us. We look like you, bleed like you, feel like you....ok maybe not feel like you...we feel more than you.

Now you just sound silly. Ease up on the melodrama there, just a bit. Its all in your head, you dont have to live like this.

Just because you don't believe in something doesn't mean it doesn't exist. just because you haven't experienced something doesn't mean it doesn't happen. To throw us under the crazy bus and call us liars and nutts just proves how petty of a mind you really have. And further drives home the reality of the problem which isn't us....it's you.

I wish you were standing next to me, you'd have all of the unexplained proof you'd ever need...and I assure you....that experience would leave you scared.

Oh really...and yet you wont go to a hospital or lab and show off your pwoers. You wont go to a newspaper and show off and get people believing. You are full of # my friend.

Now back to my project...care to show me on the doll where the ice cream man touched you?

Eh?

A troll for a troll.....

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Ummm...where did say this?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Sure...its called ones imagination.

Let me try to frame for you how your responses affect me:

You said you have a wife in an earlier post.

I say it's bullcrap. I've never met her. I've never seen her. She hasn't chimed in on this thread. I've been to lots of weddings, and I say you're not married. You can't possibly be married because I didn't go to your wedding, did I? That person you think of as your "wife" is just a figment of your imagination. She's not real to you because she's not real to me. You are full of it, 3danimator. Wife! Ha! *scoffing, rolling eyes*

You know all about your wife, you remember meeting her, you have made memories with her, yet I can deny her all I want just because I have no proof she is real. I can say I do not believe you because I have never met your wife. I can say your story of being married is bullcrap, no matter what you try to tell me, just because I want to.

Do my words make your wife any less real? Do my words negate all of your experiences? Do my words somehow change the fact that you are married?

Nope.

Likewise, your incredulity and insistence that everything you cannot explain is the product of vivid imaginations does not change anything. You are just making yourself look close-minded and rude.

Again, I ask you, why waste time posting on a thread that is based on people's imagined experiences?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

But...you are missing one MAJOR thing here mate. I can PROVE she exists. I can get on a plane and come see you and introduce you to her. We can have dinner and go see a film together. You can get to know her.

But you cant prove in the slightest that you have empath powers.

Im not saying and never have said that i dont believe in things i cant see....Where did i say that?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Again, I ask you, why waste time posting on a thread that is based on people's imagined experiences?

Cuz it amuses me to hear you guys talk rubbish and try to defend yourselves.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

You claim to have your personal personnality and while you believe this you will not know wholeness, i do not find this unacceptable. However if you are seeking wholeness/oneness the 'individual must go.
Putting yourself in a box with a label on is what keeps you separate. You can never be separate from the whole but the labels and beliefs cause confusion.

The thing is, I am not putting myself in a box with a label. Because, I realize that the essence of who I am, my whole being, is peppered with thousands upon thousands of aspects which can be labelled. As I stated earlier, one label is not the end all and be all of a person. It is just a sliver of categorization that explains one small aspect of the whole.

You say you are stubborn but i bet you are not stubbon all the time. Stubbornness arises and subsides.
You are what knows stubbornness, you are what knows happiness, sadness, grief etc. You are the no thingness that knows things - like stubbornness.

You're right, I do not feel "stubborn" all the time, just when other people are trying to convince me to believe something that makes no sense to me and which I have not previously researched and which I am uncomfortable accepting as truth.

I am, however, always determined. And, this is the root of my stubbornness. No matter what I am doing or how I feel, I am always determined to do what I need to do. And this does not arise or subside. It is a part of my essence in this particular lifetime.

The things (the content, experience) come and go but what you are is prior to any appearance. Stubbornness is an appearance that comes and goes. What you are does not come and go.

I realize this. However, I look at it a different way:

Stubbornness is a label to explain one type of urge I feel during certain experiences. I am always stubborn, that stubbornness is always a part of me, but it does not surface and is not felt unless it is needed.

When I say, "I am stubborn.", I am not saying that this is the only thing I am. What I am saying is that I will react to peer pressure situations with resistance. Because, I do react to peer pressure situations with resistance. It is my nature.

My nature is made up of many aspects which come together into One.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Ahh, but I have proven that I have a heightened sense of empathy. You, however, refuse to acknowledge it.

You are very limited by your perspective that proof must be physically tangible.

Now, if you try to bring your wife to me and I still stand in front of you and tell you, "That's not your wife, you're a liar, you just picked up some floozy and brought her over here to try to fool me." Would it make her any less your wife? No. It just means I refuse to accept your proof as valid.

If you read back through my responses in this thread, I give proof of my experiences with words denoting my experiences.

I can bring you proof of my nature by coming to you on a plane and spending time with you and getting to know you and hearing your emotions and responding to you based on your emotions and not your words. Whether or not you accept it is up to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   

If you read back through my responses in this thread, I give proof of my experiences with words denoting my experiences.

Holy #!! Do you even know what proof means? Are you honestly telling me that your proof is the fact that you said it happened? What kind of logic is that??

Mate, if you get on a plane, come to me and show me your skills then THAT will be proof (to me at least). Only then will i accept that you are an empath. But you would be subjected to very rigorous testing.

Its really not hard to understand is it?

Its like trying to argue with children...."no no Timmy, just because you SAID so doesnt mean its true"

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Holy #!! Do you even know what proof means? Are you honestly telling me that your proof is the fact that you said it happened? What kind of logic is that??

This is the same logic you are using to give "proof" of the existence of your wife. To me, you do not have a wife, you are just saying you have a wife. There is no proof other than your words.

Mate, if you get on a plane, come to me and show me your skills then THAT will be proof (to me at least). Only then will i accept that you are an empath. But you would be subjected to very rigorous testing.

Again, though, how do you frame proof by testing? Humans are fickle. If you test me using your own emotions, but then I tell you something that you don't want to hear and so you deny it, the results are skewed. This is the problem with testing and documenting intangible proof.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

But im not trying to prove i have a wife, if i was, i could do it

I was wrong, children would be more receptive to this simple, basic logic. The fact remains that i can show you evidence of our marriage. All you can show me are words "im an empath because i said so"

I know you are trying to be really deep with your arguments but you are coming across as idiotic.

Im done with this, ive had my fun, you guys proved me right, thats all i can ask for.

Au revoir!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

But im not trying to prove i have a wife, if i was, i could do it

Indeed, and I can prove I am an empath.

I was wrong, children would be more receptive to this simple, basic logic. The fact remains that i can show you evidence of our marriage. All you can show me are words "im an empath because i said so"

I am an empath because I have understood and played with your emotions, evoking responses by posting phrases I know/knew would affect your emotions.

I have been in control of this conversation all along.

Here, my friend, is the proof.

I know you are trying to be really deep with your arguments but you are coming across as idiotic.

This is your opinion, I respect that.

Im done with this, ive had my fun, you guys proved me right, thats all i can ask for.

Au revoir!

Take care of yourself! Thanks for participating.

edit on 9/6/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join