It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Its official: Im an Empath......how about you?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
OP it's sounds like you are describing the sons of God

edit: sorry, we are all of gods will, until we choose otherwise. The first time we fell from grace was in the garden of eden, hence we're ALL considered sinners, no matter which way you slice it. It's a struggle to be sinless. It was planned that way imo
edit on 3-9-2012 by HamrHeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kino321
arent you guys just kidding yourselves? so you can relate to how someone is feeling, great! youre a nice person.
why stick a silly label on yourself?
i can read peoples emotions and have empathy, am i an 'empath'? no, of coarse not.
its just the latest fad for gullible kids on the internet, like indigo children and star seeds.
its a bit embarrassing dont you think?

Tell ya what, when you can walk into a room of seemingly expressionless people and tell who is having an affair, who does not want to be there because they'd rather be shopping, who hates their job, who hates their spouse, who was molested, who's a victim of domestic violence...get the picture?

It is the deep emotions that people feel that they do not usher to the surface. I can read that, feel that, and sense it. Just having empathy for others isn't the problem...the fact that i can feel all of those things about you when your next to me is.

That is the difference of plain empathy and actually being an empath. And there's no real label to it as there are different methods involved. Each finds their own way of reading and dealing with emotional hyper sensitivity.

It's not just being about a good observer.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Thankyou for sharing your experience with me. It helps me learn and gather ideas on how to embrace something that is innately what I am, rather than run from it.

Originally posted by ottobot

I really didn't know what to do with that kind of attention, so I would just make up stories that I thought other people would want to hear. Mostly because I knew they wouldn't actually want to hear about my real problems and real pain. So, I just pretended to be carefree and happy.
I would listen to other people, but never actually say anything real or deep about myself.

The only time I would ever express my true feelings when I was younger was through music, not writing my true emotions into the lyrics but by putting all the pent up feelings of my own into the music. It was a nice way to focus on myself for a change.

I shut off my emotions when I feel other people getting upset, and this is how I protect myself from becoming overwhelmed with the emotions of others. This is my default defense mechanism.

This is essentially what I have been doing, or trying to do, now when I feel overwhelmed. I have been trying to meditate like I used to when I was younger but I find it nearly impossible to tune out. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I am pregnant, or in an apartment building, but I feel constantly overwhelmed with the multitude of energies. Even when I am sitting alone, at 3 am, in front of my computer...

I was told once, by a stranger, that they felt something negative blocking me from accessing the whole of my ability. I have spent a long time speculating on whether it is a self-inflicted negativity or something else... hopefully someday soon I will come to a conclusion on it.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Why do people just love to label themselves?
Everyone seems to want to know what they are so they go in search of themselves by labelling themselves 'empaths'. Only when you stop wanting to be some 'thing' will you be free. You are not a 'thing'.
Realize that you are nothing - that is wisdom. Then you will see that you are everything - and that is love.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
Why do people just love to label themselves?
Everyone seems to want to know what they are so they go in search of themselves by labelling themselves 'empaths'. Only when you stop wanting to be some 'thing' will you be free. You are not a 'thing'.
Realize that you are nothing - that is wisdom. Then you will see that you are everything - and that is love.

All too true, Itisnowagain. But, if you read through the thread, we are discussing the phenomena of common interpersonal relationships/interactions that are based on an innate sense which is not commonly accepted. Folks go searching because they feel that there is something "wrong" or "strange" about how they feel. It's because some people are just learning that They Are.

I agree, we are all nothing and everything, there is no "stop wanting" just as there is no "stop being". We are as we are and no matter what we are, others will label us as "something". Even you, my friend.

We will all collectively learn that we need no labels and that we are what we are because we are, eventually. Baby steps along the way, though, Itisnowagain. Patience.

edit on 9/3/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I'm quite the opposite, I can recognize a person's feelings and understand why they're upset but I can't emphasize well.

posted on Sep, 3 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

It is the labels that divide that which is whole.
Wholeness is. Words/labels do not separate the whole into bits, labels cannot divide what is whole but they can decieve.
The deception causes delusion and delusion causes unease (disease). The human condition is no more than 'being' being confused.
edit on 3-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by titzycronulla
reply to post by SplitInfinity

Psssssss what is your dealers phone number?

Yes...I know it sounds Fantastic and Unreal...but there are a few people who come to this board who have actually LISTENED to a few songs I allowed them to hear via a link. If you do your HOMEWORK....you too can find that LINK.

As for my Families Companies...I will not go into that.

As for what I do in my Third JOB and how it ties into my Touring...this is the great thing about the Nature of this Board. I can post and even if what I say is true...there is always doubt...thus I am ALLOWED to post...up to a point. If you ever check my posts and all the things I have stated...you will notice that EVERYTHING has either become Public Knowledge or has become a Public Theory or mentioned as a possibility. I have never nor will I EVER post anything that is CLASSIFIED! Even the things I have posted about as far as what had happened on a JOB is in no way anything that can be of use or misuse by any other entity.

It matters not to me what you believe...I post to keep my SANITY. I have no need for you or anyone else believe me....except if I am talking about PUBLIC RECORDED FACTS...which ANYONE can look up but on some occasions...people would rather be lazy and say I am FULL of IT! Rather than taking a few minutes to look it up.
Split Infinity

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

Wholeness is. Words/labels do not separate the whole into bits, labels cannot divide what is whole but they can decieve.
The deception causes delusion and delusion causes unease (disease). The human condition is no more than 'being' being confused.

Ultimately, though, wholeness is not whole if it goes unrecognized.

We who are whole yet cannot see this can only see those broken pieces which must be connected before we realize our wholeness.

I see this type of thread as a step along the path from confusion/broken pieces to understanding/wholeness.

The human condition is to be confused. But, not by self. Confusion comes when we listen to the words and criticisms and rants of others and start to believe them as truth.

We are born knowing truth, but we forget.

Some of us are just now starting to remember. There's nothing wrong with that.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheSparrowSings
Thankyou for sharing your experience with me. It helps me learn and gather ideas on how to embrace something that is innately what I am, rather than run from it.

No problem, I have recently come to the same conclusion, that's why I share these types of experiences.

The only time I would ever express my true feelings when I was younger was through music, not writing my true emotions into the lyrics but by putting all the pent up feelings of my own into the music. It was a nice way to focus on myself for a change.

Me too! When I was young, I would write the instrumental part with emotion, but the lyrical portion with my fake persona's mentality. Like, the background music would be haunting and sad, but the lyrics would be completely silly or nonsensical.

I am a musician, sometimes.
Right now I am having trouble finding motivation and finding the heart to sing and play. I get discouraged from the things going on in the world and then start to doubt myself because I do realize how insignificant "I" am. Which makes me sad, because I am just learning who "I" am. I don't know how to explain it. I guess I'd better go write about it in my favorite thread that is specifically for whining, though.

This is essentially what I have been doing, or trying to do, now when I feel overwhelmed. I have been trying to meditate like I used to when I was younger but I find it nearly impossible to tune out. I don't know if it has to do with the fact that I am pregnant, or in an apartment building, but I feel constantly overwhelmed with the multitude of energies. Even when I am sitting alone, at 3 am, in front of my computer...

I was told once, by a stranger, that they felt something negative blocking me from accessing the whole of my ability. I have spent a long time speculating on whether it is a self-inflicted negativity or something else... hopefully someday soon I will come to a conclusion on it.

Well, just don't forget to allow your emotions to resurface when you are able to find a peaceful or less energy-filled place.

I know exactly what you mean, it is very difficult to breathe and relax and separate/focus on one's own energy when it is being clawed at (I don't know, this seems like an apt description to me) by the will and thoughts and energies of others.

As far as understanding that block, I think you already know what it is. You just haven't realized it yet. I find that when I actually let things go, the answer comes of its own accord. Not always in the way I expect, though.

Hang in there! I highly recommend finding a park or deserted parking lot you can go to every day and just walk around and be away from too many people and think. That's what I do.
Talking to your little one might help, too, even though s/he can only answer in abstract...
edit on 9/4/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Talltexxxan

I am a person! One who is (reasonably) good, and tries to be a better person than I was the day before every day that I wake...

thats good enough for me. I do not want to be labeled or in some 'group'.

I am me, and I am happy with it!
edit on 4-9-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

These threads concern me because what if they are placed here to stratigize against the enemy, you know know your enemy? Too much information on individuals. People will always allow their egos to override their empathic intuition...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar

These threads concern me because what if they are placed here to stratigize against the enemy, you know know your enemy? Too much information on individuals. People will always allow their egos to override their empathic intuition...

So, say I'm the enemy... What do you now know about me from my posts in this thread? That I'm crazy because I think I can hear other people's emotion? That I have weird experiences which I've attributed to an abnormal and unproven type of brain function?

How, my friend, could you use that against me?

Wait, let me also tell you this - I am very stubborn and resistant to peer pressure. Also, I do know/sense when other people have ulterior motives, and I have a very in-depth and working knowledge of psychology and psychiatry.

So, in real life, how can this thread be used as a weapon? How would you approach me to use the knowledge you have gained about me from this thread to crush me? (This is not rhetorical, I'm actually interested in your ideas, Antar!
)
edit on 9/4/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Euwww, I have a very strong opinion about psy anything, so, you stating that you are all up on that jive makes me suspicious of your intent. I cant remember right now much more of your post to be honest.

I just think it is possible to profile anyone online in public forums and this can be used against people in the future. Technology is way further along than what people think.
edit on 4-9-2012 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar
reply to post by ottobot

Euwww, I have a very strong opinion about psy anything, so, you stating that you are all up on that jive makes me suspicious of your intent. I cant remember right now much more of your post to be honest.

My intent in what respect? I am asking you how you could use information in this thread to my detriment... That is my intent. I guess I'm not following you here, but your suspicions are valid ones, you just never know who is lurking behind a username on the internet.

I stated my background in psych because it had to do with the question: can you find a way to use my thoughts against me when I already know all the ways my thoughts could be used against me?

I just think it is possible to profile anyone online in public forums and this can be used against people in the future. Technology is way further along than what people think.

All too true. I guess, for me, it just doesn't matter anymore. Tech schmeck. I'm sure "they" could find many ways to twist my words and ideas to imprison me... but I'm really quite unimportant, so that just seems like a waste of resources at this time.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by KillerQueen

Originally posted by TalltexxxanDo you feel as if you may be an Empath?

Yes. Honestly, it can be exhausting. It's why I prefer to be alone or with my partner. You can't really turn it off so it drains you. It also makes you a bit frustrated when people seem not to be as tuned in to your emotions as you are to theirs. Or when people seem callous in general to the emotional undercurrent of a situation.
edit on 13-3-2012 by KillerQueen because: (no reason given)

I feel the same. Crowded areas can be very draining for me

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

Ultimately, though, wholeness is not whole if it goes unrecognized.

We who are whole yet cannot see this can only see those broken pieces which must be connected before we realize our wholeness.

I see this type of thread as a step along the path from confusion/broken pieces to understanding/wholeness.

The human condition is to be confused. But, not by self. Confusion comes when we listen to the words and criticisms and rants of others and start to believe them as truth.

We are born knowing truth, but we forget.

Some of us are just now starting to remember. There's nothing wrong with that.

Wholeness is whole. Just because it is not seen by you does not make it unwhole. The only reason that wholeness is not known is because of the way you label yourself a 'thing'. You say things like 'I am stubborn' or 'I am an empath', you separate yourself from the whole by claiming you are something. You cannot in reality separate yourself from the whole but the words decieve you.
Remove the words and labels and the wholeness is known.
When you call yourself a thing and call others things this instantly makes for conflict. Things against things.
The human condition is conflict because the mind believes in more than two things. Only when you find that you are nothing (not a thing) will the conflict cease.
You were born knowing the truth and then you were given words/labels and names, then they are taken for truth but words are not truth, words blind you from the truth.
It is not 'others' rants that make you feel separate, it is the labels that you use to define. If you define something you have drawn a line around it and you have made a 'thing' separate from you. If you define yourself you have drawn a line around yourself and created a pretend separate 'thing'.
There are no separate 'things'. Thinking is thinging.

You are inseparable from this:
youtu.be...
"If you washed away all the words that have been spoken and heard, even in your life; for one moment, if it could be swept aside, all your thoughts, all your imaginings could be left aside, there is something present that cannot be spoken about. Everything else is changeful in front of it." (Mooji) ~ ~ ~
Satsang with Mooji
youtu.be...
edit on 5-9-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

So, we agree then: we are whole, though not all of us see this.

Also, I'm not sure what my natural personality has to do with any of this? I (this being trapped in this body) have always been stubborn, resistant to other people's prodding, etc... even when I was a baby with no words. I see this as a very different matter. I don't deny I have urges and I don't deny that I have feelings and I don't deny that I have thoughts. What I want to know is why it is unacceptable to you?

I am not exactly the same as you, Itisnowagain, no matter how much you say we are One. We are One, yes, but we are not all existing in and of the exact same layers of One.

I cannot NOT think, my brain does not stop processing just because I try to tell it not to. I can be Silent, I can Listen, I can Watch. But, at the end of the day, I Am. And I Am responsible for other people. I can't just sit and stare at walls to exist in one moment, because I must always ensure that there is a moment for the three children I have been given to care for.

I don't know, I just can't seem to reconcile this idea that we are supposed to be completely blank and in one moment always with the fact that in real life, we cannot always be only in one moment.
edit on 9/5/12 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
It's hilarious the reasons people will make up for being anti social. You don't like to be around people? That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. But to say that its because its "exhausting" because you are an ...ahem...empath is ridiculous.
Everyone can read other peoples emotions. I'm very very good at it, but i don't call myself anything. Its common sense and a bit of observation.

And to the OP. Its not "official". There are no tests, no officials, no nothing regarding what you think you are. Its official in your own little world, sure, but nothing is official about your so called empath powers.

Hey, i managed to guess what my wife wanted for dinner last night...ITS OFFICIAL!!! I CAN READ MINDS!

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3danimator
It's hilarious the reasons people will make up for being anti social. You don't like to be around people? That's fine. Nothing wrong with that. But to say that its because its "exhausting" because you are an ...ahem...empath is ridiculous.
Everyone can read other peoples emotions. I'm very very good at it, but i don't call myself anything. Its common sense and a bit of observation.

And to the OP. Its not "official". There are no tests, no officials, no nothing regarding what you think you are. Its official in your own little world, sure, but nothing is official about your so called empath powers.

Hey, i managed to guess what my wife wanted for dinner last night...ITS OFFICIAL!!! I CAN READ MINDS!

What I wonder is why you feel the need to be so rude and closed minded. Do you feel better now that you told me your OPINION in such a condecending manner? You dont know me, you dont know my life experiences and what I've gone through, so please dont pretend like you do. And FYI you cant say that there isnt anything to make it offical, because you can not prove a negative.

So go chill out ,read a book and try to think of ways to not be such an arse to people you dont even know.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join