It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Number of Troops to be Deployed in London 2012 Outnumbers Those in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   

London 2012 will see the UK's biggest mobilisation of military and security forces since the second world war and the effects will linger long after the athletes have left

Around 13,500 troops will be deployed at the London 2012 Olympics, more than are currently at war in Afghanistan

www.guardian.co.uk...

I'm really not sure how many troops are in Afghanistan as of right now...maybe they are talking about how many troops the UK has deployed ? Regardless... thats a huge figure

I honestly think theres going to be something weird about the olympics this year in london.. like a false flag op or major UFO sighting

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
somthing is going to happen,somthing wich will probly be blamed on iran,or argantina

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by seenavv

Just like those terrorist drills.. "good thing they were already on the scene"!

That is an excessive amount of soldiers IMHO. I won't be attending the Olympics this year.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
figured it would be there..
just have to wait and see I guess.
edit on 13-3-2012 by mrmagic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Maybe this time they'll refrain from killing innocent people.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yep so it seems rik clay was onto something. Suicide my ass. May he rest in peace.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Who's Rik Clay?
Also im in work, so what did he say relating to this topic? Thanks.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
And how may SS were deployed in the 1936 Olympics!?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They are obvisously talking about the number of UK troops in Afganistan.

As for them deploying for the Olymipics I think it is a good idea, don't want a repeat of Munich 72' again.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
For the record the a portion the of deployed troops for the olympics are part of the Territorial Army (TA) which is the reserve force of the British Army, however the Special Air Service (SAS) will be there in heavy numbers.

www.army.mod.uk...

Reservists are to be called up as part of Defence's overall contribution to security at the London Olympic Games later this year. Defence Secretary Philip Hammond has informed Parliament that a call-out order has been made under the Reserve Forces Act and that call-out notices will soon be issued to reservists and their employers. In providing support to the police, and other civil and Olympic authorities, Defence will contribute up to 13,500 military personnel at the busiest part of the Games, of which up to 2,100, around 15 per cent, will come from the Reserve Forces.

edit on 13-3-2012 by TheGreatest because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
The only scandal on show here is the scandalous waste of public funds due to this national ego wank.

The only disaster will be the gridlock and confusion due to the poor/insanely optimistic planning.

I get angry thinking about it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatest

With so many resources concentrated in London does this mean we will see another late night shopping spree in other cities where the policing will be stretched?

As far as I can see these Olympics are not for the sports fans or the athletes. They are a photo op for the famous. Free binge fest for the rich and a mission statement for the terrorists.

Do we even have the gold to make the medals? Of course we do thats why they are increasing public transport fares.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by colin42
reply to post by TheGreatest

With so many resources concentrated in London does this mean we will see another late night shopping spree in other cities where the policing will be stretched?

As far as I can see these Olympics are not for the sports fans or the athletes. They are a photo op for the famous. Free binge fest for the rich and a mission statement for the terrorists.

Do we even have the gold to make the medals? Of course we do thats why they are increasing public transport fares.

I suppose on reflection its not a complete loss.

The fact that Coca-Cola, McDonalds and Cadburys are Olympic sponsors is always good for laugh.

Remember, the pinnacle of human fitness goes better with coke !

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I for one will certainly make sure I'm no where near London during the Olympics
But they have stated there's no known threat ( or words to that effect )
Well they would wouldn't they

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmagic

rik clay is this guy

www.youtube.com...

and he was talking about how something big is supposed to go down on the 2012 olympics.

join