It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Distraction Of Distractions, And The Real Mission Behind SOPA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
As I was scrolling through pages and pages of random internet articles, PDF's, blogs, forums and encylopedias - something popped up into my head, and so I thought I'd share it with you. They are more of questions right now, but as I type I'm trying to make connections. Really, these ideas I got were supposed to be 2 different threads, but I haven't expanded and compiled a great amount of research, so it should be much more easier and efficient to merge the two.

What if the whole SOPA thing was just to see how people reacted? I mean, the internet is something that just ISN'T supposed to be censored. Personally, I think that it was all a game just to see how they should go about censoring it. I know many people will disagree with me, but again its just a thought. These people behind the scenes didn't just come about with super strict security and ludicrous laws out of the blue. They created problems (9/11 as a hypothetical example for those who don't believe it was an inside job) so that it would be easier to persuade the people into thinking the only good solution was THEIR solution. Maybe this is what their
doing with the internet? Applying PRS (Problem Reaction Soution) in the cyber world?

This list of companies who sought to stop the act are here.

Look at who's on the list. Yahoo, Google, Facebook etc. These are the same companies (Yahoo I dislike the most) who go with the flow of MSM. They twist stories and word them to push an opinion.

Maybe the entire time they were monitoring how people reacted? They saw what companies (besides the companies on THIER side who were just fulfilling the propaganda *Saying oppose the law when their for it* ) opposed the law, they saw the number of people in what states & cities who called their
representatives, they saw who wasn't on their side and everything else. Then they start destroying their opposers one by one, little by litle. It'll take time, but then again they control the MSM, money supply and countries and much more - so time is on their side. So tell me what you think, but don't flame me or ridicule me, as it is just a thought. Hence the question mark in the title. Also, try not to do the snappy crappy one liners to get stars by saying something hilarious or idiotic.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Distraction Of Distractions.

This one is quite short but here goes.

What if this IS ALL A distraction? Elections, election fraud, retarded reality TV shows with no concept or meaning, NASA, protests, war, conspiracy theories, etc. While we're trying to figure something out for 10 years, they've already had the answer from the beginning. The only question I really have for this particular topic is this :
The distractions they are using now to distract us from something even bigger, WHAT IS IT?

Again, just some of my ideas, so let me know what you think!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
frankly, i just think it is money...simple greed, nothing more. money has been the number 1 motivator of alot of seemingly nafarious actions.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
frankly, i just think it is money...simple greed, nothing more. money has been the number 1 motivator of alot of seemingly nafarious actions.

Yes, my thought exactly before this idea popped in my head. Now I'm thinking "The FED can just print more money, control money, money, money, and money - so what is this really about?"

I mean, it has to be something more. Something they DON'T have perhaps?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think it is strange that the government needs to have information on everything that happens.
The amount of data is to much to really make any difference. I think they are only looking for keywords in the area of what they are hiding. If anyone seen the new Lorax movie it makes sense in terms of you having something that makes life easy for everyone else but you make a lot of money not providing the solution.

I am going towards free energy with this. ( the Lorax movie was about clean air bottled )
If there is a way to get free energy the gov will not be happy if it gets in to the open. The entire economic system is build on oil and if you don't have costs for transporting in terms of fuel and if you do not have to pay for your heating or cooling that would be the same as signing bankruptcy of the US and other countries also.
With the oil prizes rising they can create inflation which lowers the US debt.
as example when you make 10 dollars today and in 10 years you make 100 dollars the amount of debt you have will be 1 10th of what it was when you where making 10 dollars.

I have been trying to understand what the out option is for the US and the debt we have and i can only think of rising inflation. This can be done through oil prizes rising or going to war. But have the same effect but the war one will potentially create hyper inflation.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Sounds good to me.
but the plan! has been going on sins rome took over most of the world.
rome could see that having a big army was not working.

so they come up with a plan to make them think they are free.
its all about the ilusion of freedom.
it may even be older than rome.

what I dont get is, why show up them taking freedom from us?
the Internet is All about control.
Windows is totaly controld.

take a look at windows 98.
it is tiny on the computer and leaves a great deal of the computer free.
and you can shut down all but two programs.

windows 7 is Very Big and has a LOT of programs runing.
a lot of that is to keep a eye on you.
but they will not act on this info!

they let others do that.
and only IF you are a big threat to a part of the plan!
will they then stop you.

so why would they stop thier enmeys using the internet?
when it is their best tool to spy on you?
they just Need you to think that.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cayote

With the price of oil going up, they may want to accumulate enough wealth to provide for the next step, (new infrastructures) and perpetuate our dependency on electricity.

In the meantime, it would be wise to keep an eye on developping technologies while suppressing some freedom of information to prevent other nations from acquiring these.

Keeping the empire's monopoly over knowledge. We all know knowledge is power.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
control money, money, money, and money - so what is this really about?

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Your thread title lead me to these thoughts...;

It could be that in the age of instant internet-fueled activism, communication and public awareness that
SOPA was the buffer CISPA.
SOPA may have been intended to soak up the spotlight and energy of the activist meme and media cycle paving the way for CISPA. Imagine all of the blood,sweat and tears (and cash) that blogs and websites had already dedicated to the full-on retaliation of SOPA. What about all of the readers and public who's eyes glazed over hearing about CISPA, not really feeling the need or being too burned out to 'go there' again so soon.

Just a theory.

I'll also admit to not being the most well-read on either of the bills,
But to those that aruge SOPA and CISPA are different issues I ask,
Which is more dangerous/powerful:
Corporations having more control of the internet, or
Government havinf more control of the internet...

posted on Jun, 16 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

They could be testing the waters with a worse bill, then they come back later with something less restrictive. Or, they could "create problems" so that they can pass the bill in the future. But, they should wait a while so that people don't suspect a deliberate attempt.

Distraction? That in itself is valuable to them. Keep everyone in "reaction mode" / emotional, and keep the crap coming so that nobody can really target a specific issue to deal with (in protests or whatever). You'll notice people usually focus on the most recent issue for that day. The new ones push out the old ones, despite that they may be trivial in comparison. People are so driven to be entertained today that they treat old news as something to be left behind. They really do not consider the gravity of the news once it's been a while.

How can people raise issues with problems they see if they constantly seek out new problems in the news? They can't. That's either a side effect of a direction intention of living in today's fast-paced society.

To effect change, priorities need to be made. I'd say ending the corruption would be great, but how are we going to do that when the majority of people don't care? Try changing the majority. Impossible without a TV.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You're right, we do seem to have similar conclusions!

Also consider, what if they did it to make these companies, already hugely successful in the Internet Business, look like the good guys?

"Well i'll keep using Google because they stand up for my internet rights!"
Did you know for a short while there Google had removed all search results from their shopping page to firearms and accessories? Wonder if that was a test too...

Either way it's likely that it was also a test to see if their other distractions and plans have primed the public enough to pull it off. I don't think we are there yet based on the reactions it got but i'm sure someday after they have caused so many problems on the internet and allowed so much identity theft and online banking fraud before the public demands the government tighten control over the internet. "Save us!" they'll demand.

It's sad, and it's hard not to feel helpless.

new topics

top topics

join