It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gunmaker Builds Double Barrel .45 Cal Pistol.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Now this is just cool. I want one for myself.

now.msn.com...

How convenient! Someone has finally invented a weapon that combines the killing power of a double-barreled shotgun with the portability of a handgun.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Too lazy to double tap....

Cant believe it.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
can i has one

2nd

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
*meanwhile in America* lol

that looks like a total and utter pain in the butt to shoot, seen how the triggers are not using one mechanism, thats lazy!

youd need 5 inch long fingers to hold and shoot that bad boy!!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
uhhmm....spread difference at what range?....drop difference at what range?...2 single or 1 double clip?...would it be legal in each U.S. state?... could you use different grained slugs in each chamber?
edit on 13-3-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
new meaning to the word overkill
see what happens when you have to much time on your hands?
having said that

at the typical handgun shooting distance which is about a 12 foot average
that sucker would prolly get the job done dependably

and if one side james hopefully you are not SOL

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

I guess it was inevitable. I like the name AF2011-A1, looks and sounds fun to shoot. Also looks very heavy and difficult to holster.

I could see someone trying to imitate this with two 1911's and a roll of duct tape...you'll be able to recognize him by the missing index finger.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
i was thinking it was going to be derringer type, bet its bloody heavy

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   
That gun is amazing id love to own one but i bet the price tag on it is over the top..I'm sure the recoil would probley put me to the ground but id love to own this weapon..peace,sugarcookie1
S&F

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowalker

Yeah but just imagine double tapping with that bad boy.

It is not for the faint of heart.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

I read in one of the articles that you could opt for a single trigger. I would like to have one chambered in .22, .45 is expensive enough already.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
uhhmm....spread difference at what range?....drop difference at what range?...2 single or 1 double clip?...would it be legal in each U.S. state?... could you use different grained slugs in each chamber?
edit on 13-3-2012 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

I wondered some of the same. How would two different grained bullets would fire at the sae time without stressing the frame. I'm sure the gun control hounds will go after this one.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Overkill is underrated. I wonder if a jam in one side would seize it. It looks like it is one giant slide so I would imagine so.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Only in America would someone get this excited about firearms.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen
reply to post by usmc0311

I guess it was inevitable. I like the name AF2011-A1, looks and sounds fun to shoot. Also looks very heavy and difficult to holster.

I could see someone trying to imitate this with two 1911's and a roll of duct tape...you'll be able to recognize him by the missing index finger.

The duct tape thing was one of my first thoughts. I can just see some redneck hillbilly on youtube doing just that. I will have to search now. I also like the name and the fact that he used a 1911 design as his base.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

I'm gonna take a shot in the dark and guess a starting price of $5000. I wonder if they will produce any in other calibers.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Yes, but the firearm was designed and built in Italy.. Anywhere that you have firearms freedoms you will have firearms enthusiasts.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

If it's the United States, then it's most likely true XD

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
I think this gun is inelegant and designed by a bonehead. It is really an interesting idea which has been executed badly. Anyway modern 9mm pistols carry up 16 bullets and are rapid fire. I have seen videos of expert shoot off 16 bullets and reload in under 5 seconds.

I don't know much about guns but I know about product design and resolutions and I can spot several practical problems as mentioned by others.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Oh god, I know where this is going.

"According to a spokesman for the Oakland Police Department, the officer believed he was pulling the trigger that would fire a rubber bullet..."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join