It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio officer used stun gun on 9-year-old boy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   
The kid was using his weight to resist arrest. Okay, fair enough. But if he was using his weight to resist arrest, how is tazing him going to make it any better?

The bottom line is that this is a 200 pound 9 year old, making him beyond morbidly obese, and a tazer could have easily made him go into cardiac arrest. But I suppose such a risk to the child's life is okay since he wasn't being cooperative.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

wow. just... wow. police these days seem to think that since they have "less than lethal" weapons that they need to use them and use them a lot, like they are going to expire or something. it is pretty disturbing to hear about these things.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

That's right, if I was that cop I would have just shot the kid for wasting my time. Little rascals should know that cops spend their time protecting and serving society so anyone who prevents them from protecting and serving needs to be shot on sight, you know, for the good of society, so they can go stop murderers and stuff, what a stupid kid endangering all of America by wasting that cops time! Next time set an example and shoot him!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Well the kid was obviously a threat to society so the glorious cop had to subdue him so he could go protect and serve somewhere else.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Oh goody.. Another cop with a stunner who couldn't resist zapping a child like a bug on a summer night. I'm so sick of this low level form of torture being employed as strictly a punitive measure or RADICAL overkill for behavior control I could puke.

I hesitate to say this..but maybe it's come to that, since so many cops don't seem to have the good sense God have a goose. How about we make a MINIMUM age as an absolute for using these. Sure...they don't always know..but in cases where they do...like this one....it's a clear issue.

So what was Officer Goober here planning to do if the taser malfunctioned and didn't fire? Was his NEXT step to shoot the kid as he sat there??? I'd sure hope not. If not, then I suggest that NEXT step...could have been the FIRST step. Tasers, in my view, should be the LAST LAST LAST step used RIGHT BEFORE someone is shot to death as the absolute last option that exists. If shooting them wasn't IMMEDIATELY next up the list of actions, do something ELSE...or how about WE get to taser THEM until *WE* think they've learned their lesson?

Gee... I PROMISE I'll use discretion and care...really!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   

The mayor of Mount Sterling, Ohio has suspended the entire police force for 3 days after an officer tased a 9 year old child and the police subsequently covered it up. The small town, with a population just under 2,000, is now being policed by the Sheriffs department while a state investigation into the police chief and the five part time police officers takes place.

Yeah sure sounds like he did absolutely nothing wrong since the mayor suspended them all...Seriously ATS where do you get these people?
edit on 13-3-2012 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Why on Earth does the most stupid crap possible seem to always happen in freaking Ohio of all places!!?? Is it some sort of natural sinkhole where the shallowest of the gene pool of humanity resides? Not everybody there is an idiot, but for crying out loud, even the inbred redneck slackjawed morons in the most remote reaches of the country in southern blue states aren't as frighteningly inept as the nitwits that I keep hearing about up there. For the sake of humanity, please, please, please don't leave your state, oh residents of that northern wasteland state. Its much better if we keep the national twits in one place. To those who can actually read and understand my words who are unfortunate enough to live there.... RUN. Come on, we'll take care of you. Just whatever you do, don't let the verminous hoards of living zombies follow you. By leaving there, you will in turn be making room for the knuckleheads, fruitloops and logically challenged that pollute the rest of the nation... you know, the Rush Limaughs and fox news watchers as well as tea party activists.
edit on 13-3-2012 by volafox because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   
One thing to point out. Yes the child is obese by BMI standards. The article listed this 9 year old as 5'5" - he's 1 inch taller than my 13 year old son!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776
reply to post by UFO1414

Anyone who thinks that tasers are non-lethal, should look up how many amps those things produce, and the dangers that they present to certain people such as young children and the obese. A 200lb 9 year old would be in extreme danger of cardiac arrest from such a shock. ONE SOURCE OF MANY

That pig needs to be tried for attempted murder. If you did this to a little kid, you would be in many states.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Q:1984A:1776 because: (no reason given)

Exactly. These pigs are getting away with murder more often. Its sad to say that this cop won't get what he deserves.

If this was my 9 year old boy... i would be paying this cop a vist

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

Originally posted by roadgravel

People like you are the reason why more and more of our liberties are being taken away, facilitated by your complacency or outright support of totalitarian government.

YOU however, might have to worry about my 200+ pounds of muscle and my utter disgust with people like you.

Yet you would resort to violence also?
edit on 3/13/2012 by roadgravel because: quote

Oh, don't get me wrong, violence is necessary some times. Against 9 year olds though? Nope, not unless they have a dangerous weapon. Violence against people who support or condone the violence against children by totalitarian regimes? HELL YES!

Whoever said the US was the home of free speech?

"SUPPORT ME OR I'LL USE VIOLENCE AGAINST YOU BECAUSE I'M JUST A JUMPED UP LITTLE ROID MONKEY ON THE NET".

The kid broke the law like an adult, and got an adult punishment. Simples. Don't like it? Tough!

"Kid broke law like adult". How many adults get arrested for truancy from school???
The officer should have dragged the fatty off the floor and cuffed him, they man handle bigger types than a 200lb 9 year old, he could have handled it. If not, police procedure is to call for backup right?

Anyway, it's the parents who get done for the kids being truant isn't it??? Pretty sure it is in UK anyway.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

when he came to arrest the boy

The main issue that i have not seen adequately addressed is this: why are they ARRESTING a 9 (NINE) year old boy simply for refusing to go to school (regardless of "law").

9 NINE.

Fine him, who pays? Community service? What is the punishment? Taking away from the parents and boarding him as an unruly child.

This about this logically. This issue is not so much as he "resisted arrest" or "failed to obey/comply," but that his mother called the cops, he would not obey, acted like a butthole, got tasered....and then....

when he came to arrest the boy

To be ARRESTED for this, a NINE YEAR OLD boy. So he's a brat. Arrest KIDS for being brats?

What does this do or solve? Scare him? Charge him, drop the charges? Probation, fines, classes? WHO PAYS? WHAT HAPPENS?

This country is out of control, and it's not the citizens. It's the law and the enforcers.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
kid deserved it. police can not be wrong.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

I don't care how old he was...let me say it again. I DON'T CARE!
He is a criminal, he is breaking the law by not going to school, he was resisting arrest, therefore, the officer was right to use force.

Wow what is wrong with you americans ?
If this is how it is in the states, barf.
I definitely know that I would be home schooling !
But then what normal parent would allow her child to
be tazed

Do americans not have family social services / counselors to
deal with this stuff ?
Do american public schools not have family-counsel ?
Scary and sorta sick that uniforms are involved with 'education',
talk about a military state * face palm* , glad my country hasn't
become that insane.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
THE KID IS HUGE!
personally it would have taken a lot from me NOT to put that brat out of his misery. WITH MY GUN.

(dont actually own a gun
)
edit on 13-3-2012 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

Really? This can't be real.

Please say this is just bad humor

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ToneDeaf

Hey now, don't lump that guy in with us americans! He admitted later he was from a "civilized country", that was not the US. I am guessing saudi arabia or something....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

you make me sick. lmao i bet you wish we would invade more countries too? have you never broken a law in your life? never went over the speed limit, never J-walked, etc.? Because those are laws too, those are laws that are about on par with truancy. If you've ever done any of those things in your life, that makes you a criminal, and you should be tazed. That's what your saying right?
Or if you havent ever done one of those things, you must be pretty perfect buddy. Do you shat gold too?

You realize if all Americans were like you we would still be living under the British monarchy right?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   

I don't care how old he was...let me say it again. I DON'T CARE!
You already made that clear, but a 9-year-old is not contractually capable of committing a crime that can result in death through misapplication of force. He is not contractually capable of lawfully (not legally) risking his own life through any action against a Polic y Enforcement Officer. The responsibility to shield a child from needless harm that rests on the officer clearly outweighs his obligations to pursue mercenary rewards for the Muni-cipality's court-poration.

He is a criminal, he is breaking the law by not going to school, he was resisting arrest, therefore, the officer was right to use force.
I think the question is whether this much force was necessary. Can't have the ranch hands abusing the livestock, now, can we? Someone owns that livestock, and it ain't the ranch hand.

No care or walfare for criminals, they either do as they are told when they are caught, or get tazed.
So your programming has obviously impressed upon you. I am glad to know that the ranch hands of the future are being trained to pursue their mercenary ends with zeal.

There really is no need for this discussion to carry on.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)
Of course not

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I'm sorry to say this but...

Well how to say this? can you go back and read again starting on that first post? then meditate again carefully, each word in that sentence, then look again at the later posts, do you still think it is for real? or..

I think some people easily miss clues these days, you get mad at him for his comment, yet you fail to notice that little 'something' embedded on this post.

At this point, you are basically just judging something you failed to understand, your logic and judgment are not better than the cop's who hurt the kid, you miss the entire reality here buddy, i'm sorry, that post wasn't for real, neither the ones that follow it, he is just messing with all americans on this thread that are too quick to jump on the judgment bandwagon. Or just trolling you in case you don't get my extended boring explanation above.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi

Problems or no problems, you go to school. If you have a mouth, you can speak to a counciller.

Refuse to go to school = criminal = punishment.

This is just too over the top to be serious...

Right?

I think you're on to something there..

Eventually people may catch up with it, or not, probably they will tase him and start an investigation, only to later find out he was just trolling the thread and riding some fun on top of the lack of common sense of some of the people posting on this thread..

Right?

edit on 14-3-2012 by Kaifan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Kaifan

Who says I am mad? If the dude is not trolling I feel sorry for him.

Comparing my logic and judgement to someone who would taze a kid? That is quite a jump there

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join