It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ohio officer used stun gun on 9-year-old boy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
The boy's weight should not be the issue here,so he was propably the size of a 15/16 year old-the point is:a Taser should only be used when a cop is in a dangerous situation,not to deal with a NUISANCE.If you take a job where you deal with the public,you will often encounter a nuisance-this whole case is seemingly about a cop using excessive force,because he could'nt be bothered to deal with a mere nuisance in an appropriate way-like for instance a while ago when an unarmed handcuffed young woman was tasered because she tried to run away from a cop.And suffered brain-death.Because he could'nt be bothered to run after her for a few steps.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i'm sorry, i must have missed the memo...since when did not wanting and refusing to go to school become a crime? a LAW ENFORCMENT OFFICER was called to bring the kid to school? or where else?? what 'law' needed to be 'enforced'? i geuss tazing was more human than a billy club or just some talking and if the kid wanted to go to school once the officer showed up...why not take that route?

shame shame shame

in my time as a LEO, i reralized that most officers do not take thier job seriously, most are totaly incompatant at 'self-defense'...with or without a weapon. every year we had to re-qualify' on an obstacale course, took less than 8min to run and EVERY overwieght cop had a 'dr's note' about some aliment and they didnt have to 're-qualify'. One 8 hour class a year on self defense. and you would not believe how little training it takes to become an officer in some states.

funny, our military is being used as a 'police force' and our police officers are being used to 'combat crime'....no wonder why we are all confused......12/21/2012 better hurry

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

taser-happy cops need to have a cattleprod shoved up their A**

and switched on

so they know how it feels

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Are you a parent? How would you feel if it was your 9 year old?

lol you do know that there are "parents" that dish out this kind of brutality or worse
against their own children?

authoritarianism is a disease
get to know and recognize the symptoms

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
No I get it. I mean it's like if you're a kid who doesn't go to school , your're a criminal who gets tazzed. Just like if you're Jewish and in Nazi Germany , your're a criminal who gets gassed. It's not the Gestapos fault you were breaking the law. Follow the law kids. It's not like "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" exist or anything.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork
The kid was using his immense weight to prevent a lawful arrest for a crime. The officer did nothing wrong.

More violation of the Golden Rule, here.

"The police are always right, and are never excessively brutal, as long as what they do, is done to someone else. If they ever do it to me, I will scream police brutality blue murder, but as long as I'm fine, there isn't a problem."

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

while i agree it was extreme to tazer the child once let alone twice the mother pretty much gave permission and that might negate any charges being filed....200 pound nine year old.......is that normal with out medical issues? kids mom basically told the cop to do it still cant believe the cop did it but still i guess he felt validated with parental permission

i stand corrected seems whole deparment got fired good and i guess its good to know parents cant give consent to taze kids thats a good precedent id like to see set
edit on 13-3-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

He says he fired a warning shock with the stun gun and that the child's mother told the boy to obey the officer so he wouldn't be shocked.
that i think is the most worrying part of the whole article the mother didnt seem to care if the officer tazerd her child (not saying the officer was correct) that to me is very very troubling

from op source www.usatoday.com...
edit on 13-3-2012 by KilrathiLG because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by UFO1414

The officer said the child begged his mother to let him go to school instead of with the officer, but she refused, telling him it was too late.
Besides the obvious debate over truancy laws this incident could have easily been advoided if the officer let this kid go to school. The decent thing this officer could have done would be to take him to school in the back of his car. Problem solved!

To "Protect and Serve" sounds like wishful thinking. This is a product of an 'Us vs. Them' mentality. When police officers feel that they are above the citizens that they Serve then we see this sort of bad, antisocial behavior.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
200 pounds? That is big for an adult. The kid will get over it and everyone else should too.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
He's 9 and weighs 200 pounds
Regardless,it was poorly handled by the cop.Even though the kid is big,he's still 9.There's no way he's stronger then an adult male.Not sure why they found the need to cover it up though,the kid wasn't hurt.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
His parents should be arrested for allowing the child to be of that weight. 200lb and no health issues, well i assume his parents have health cover for when that child reaches puberty i dare not think of his or her health issues and subsequent health cover, that is, if he actually is covered.

EDIT: As for the officer...well thats a no brainer..simply call BACK UP you moron, whats with the tzd gun...man some people seriously need to be tzd back to get the message across.

Question: To the moderator or speaker on atslive, whats the entry level questions into law enforcement.

Do we press the break pedal when we see a red light ?

edit on 13-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

The kid broke the law like an adult, and got an adult punishment. Simples. Don't like it? Tough!

Taser use KO’s village police
Mount Sterling suspends chief after 9-year-old was zapped

What this cop did was wrong so much that the entire police force was suspended and the chief of police resigned. The acceptence of his resignation by the mayor says something too. It was wrong and far from "simples", Don't like it? Tough!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
good I'm very glad this numbskull cop is "retiring" and of course it's because he's an idiot who electrocuted a child. Some cops, not all, but a great majority have a severe social aptitude problem. It's why they become cops to begin with. their misunderstanding, fear and inability to integrate with basic human nature.

Basically I'm saying they are insecure and awkward and use their job and authority to bully others to make up for their lack of social skills.

That being said their are some good cops around, I know a few.

Also, tasers are NOT non lethal weapons they are considered LESS lethal weapons. THey should be banned from police use except for the high ranking officers who should keep them in their trunks and arrive at a scene when called by lesser officers to handle the tasering. you know just like how they used to have it set up over a decade ago.

Also cops need to respect their fellow man a little bit more. you can't just taser people because you are frustrated. Seriously the back lash when people have had enough and deem the behavior a violation of ethics and even a threat to the peace, the second amendment will come into play. thats what it was intended for by our forefathers. And man will it suck when the cops realize just how under armed they really are and just how little training they really have when that day comes. They truly have no chance. So cops get in where you fit in and stop tasering people because doing your job is sometimes inconvenient and frustrating. its called being a proffesional. You want to play by big boy rules with little kids, and somebody could just as easily play big boy rules with you too and play for keeps.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't care how old he was...let me say it again. I DON'T CARE!

He is a criminal, he is breaking the law by not going to school, he was resisting arrest, therefore, the officer was right to use force.

No care or walfare for criminals, they either do as they are told when they are caught, or get tazed. There really is no need for this discussion to carry on.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

....Oh my god! *shakes head in disgust*

So all kids who skip school should be labelled as criminals and police should rightfully tase them? They may aswell go to every school and tase all kids for precrime and postcrime

edit on 13-3-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

The kid was 9.....let me say it again. HE WAS 9!

If I as a parent were to taze my son just because he was being a little snot I would lose my children, be parade all over the news as a horrible monster of a parent and sent to prison!

This officer does the same thing and you think he was ok to do so?

What ever happened to common sense? A little bit of patience and concern for the welfare of this kid and the officer could have diffused the situation, and taken him to class.

No tazing.....no issue.

Seems to me the cops are just as bad at their jobs as we are at parenting..........

I don't care how old he was...let me say it again. I DON'T CARE!

He is a criminal, he is breaking the law by not going to school, he was resisting arrest, therefore, the officer was right to use force.

No care or walfare for criminals, they either do as they are told when they are caught, or get tazed. There really is no need for this discussion to carry on.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Justwork because: (no reason given)

You are a true patriot, i salute you Star for you.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I agree with you and if he resists arrest, well he got what he deserved. You just don't resist arrestment from some Cops, especially since it's known that nowadays they use all the force they have.

And: 9 years? 200 pounds? What a fat pig
Man those parents must've done everything wrong they could do wrong about raising a child.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
This is sad and wrong on so many levels. I won't go into why there is a 200 lb 9 year old and the mother would rather have a cop deal with her kid than herself.

Honestly, I imagine if the officer was a kind person, he could have had the mother leave the room, then whip out a few Oreos or even a Lifesaver and ask if the kid would like one and would he like to talk about why he didn't want to go to school.

I'll bet after a few cookies and a calm-down period, the kid might open up and say that, perhaps, his home life was awful, and maybe he is having trouble at school too. What 9 year old at 200 pounds isn't teased mercilessly at school? To that child, school might feel like one long torture session from the time he gets there until the time he gets home...and then maybe his mother lets him eat whatever just so she won't have to deal with him. Perhaps the mother is cruel to him as well, and he feels unloved, depressed, and is acting out because of it.

Maybe this kid has a glandular problem which requires medical intervention. Many things could have been found out had the officer taken the time to sit with this child and try to be his friend, instead of just another bully pushing him around.

Working with the public, particularly with people who are troubled and difficult, is truly an art, one that most cops fail miserably at.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Q:1984A:1776

The kid was using his immense weight to prevent a lawful arrest for a crime. The officer did nothing wrong.

You don't see anything wrong with using potentially lethal force on a nine year old kid because he was TRUANT and uncooperative?
Any cop who can't move 200 lbs worth of a little fat kid without the use of a taser is a disgrace to what his office is supposed to represent. That pig is pathetic on so many levels.

Absolutely not. The law states that you go to school, therefore, you go to school. Simple as. I can see nowhere in that law that needs to be open for discussion.

If the criminal had attempted to fight back, then that officer could have been very seriously hurt, 200lbs of full force punch is more than enough to lay a fully grown man on the floor, even at a young age.

Criminal ?

He is nine years old for goodness sake !
Truancy is not grand theft auto - the cop should be able to handle himself better than that
He will have used the taser out of frustration and laziness , simple as that.

as for "well the law states that ......" -
come on man - have some backbone and imagination = you don't have to do what someone else has written down and said that you had to

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The moment that police officer fired the tazer he became a "PIG" (Power Inflicting Government+ onto a 9 year old. What an f'ing PIG. My hope in using that word in such cases is to give the word "PIG" a well defined value instead of it being just a hate-word like it was in the 1970s.

Most of us know some nice people who are police. Its the PIGs that make their jobs way harder - they don't like PIGs either, especially when the PIGs are the captains calling for assaults like on the OWS scene (and the scene in the beginning of "The Baader Meinhof Complex" movie). It breeds hatred instead of serving and protecting anyone other than the "fascist %^&-holes".

[i'm still not sure how welcome slang is here on ATS or I'd use more in a post like this one]

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a 9 year old kid? the police officer couldn't outsmart or take down a child without the help of a taser.

that's sad and pathetic, that a 9 year old kid is tougher than the person paid to protect you from criminals and danger.

they should fire the whole police force, they are useless.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join