It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"It’s a dirty job: Police nationwide take on soaring Tide detergent theft"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shirak
Kind of makes me think what is the chemical composition of Tide? Can it be manufactured into something else? I know in Aus they had to regulate Cold and Flu Medicine for reasons I won't state because of Forum T&C's and rightly so. The point I am making is that broken down what is the chemical composition>? We don't have tide in Aus otherwise I would hypothesize further.

Do you read before posting? This was addressed several times.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
Three things that I have learned ...

The Hope Diamond is not worth a dollar..if no one is willing to pay a dollar for it.

A pack of cigarettes can buy you a lot of things in prison.

Value is relative.

Sounds like a marketing ploy to me, but I never underestimate people or what they find to be valuable.

Peace
edit on 14-3-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-3-2012 by spav5 because: fixed typos and wording

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I wonder has anyone seen Tide being sold on the streets?

I can't believe you typed that sentence either..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whatsreal
reply to post by KillerQueen

I was born and raised in Philadelphia and I've never seen or heard of this and we do have some very dodgy characters in the city.

However I did live in Pittsburgh for a couple years for a job (terrible city by the way, don't recommend it unless you are partying at Pitt) and there were lots of people that would walk around my neighborhood selling toothpaste, razors, qtips, tampons, etc. Out of book bags. First time someone said to me " hey, need to score some toothpaste" I replied " is that some stupid Pittsburgh code for heroin?" but he pulled out a legit tube of aqua fresh.

Weird times we live in.

lolololol

wow, here in miami peeps sell expensive perfume and stuff but no one has ever whipped out a tube of paste lol!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I think this is probably a marketing ploy.
There are so many people making their own homemade laundry detergent right now, they may be loosing money. I do it my self.
A 5 Gal. Pail of detergent = 1.97 US
Lasts 3-4 Months.

In fact I'm waiting for the makers of the ingredients to catch on and raise the price.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
I don't know how they are doing it but they are making fake 9.00 coupons to get tide too. Be on the look out.

Kinda weird. when I saw that. I was like, what.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Why do I get the feeling these soap thieves read ATS on a daily basis lol. Isnt it possible people are stocking up for a SHTF scenario? People are going to want to wash their clothes when the S*** splatters all over everyone.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Can you make primitive napalm withit?
Perhaps it contains a precursor to methamphetamines.....?
I do hear that can be made with whats under the average kitchen sink.....

I suspect viral marketing ploy......i have not seen a lot of detergent used for drug scores here in my city....(or the strrets would be lousey with the containers)
Cops are just pulling our legs for a raise.....

posted on Sep, 23 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by KillerQueen

I used to know a guy who worked for a company in the Twin Cities that ran tests on solids to see how they will settle during shipping,etc. Everything from cereal to ---you guessed it---laundry detergent. He would have BARRELS of powdered Tide(among other things....) I don't know how this relates to the situation on a national level, but I'm sure he wasn't the only one getting away with it locally.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join