It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bermuda Triangle 20year old "Mayday" call?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
dont know if ive posted this in the right place? (sorry!) but a freind of mine who knows i use ATS said to me earlier today to see if theres anything on here about an American ship that dissapeared in the Bermuda Triangle in 1945? apparentley 4 military aircraft were sent to look for it ,they also dissapeared without trace until 20years later (this is the odd part) when somebody recieved a brief mayday call from one of the missing aircraft!?!? which was still never found ---yep,i know what your all thinking but he swears on pain of death its a genuine story,can any one shed anylight on this? He rekons that its to do with some theory on the triangle being some sort of hole in the space/time fabric?

[edit on 27-9-2004 by John bull 1]

SMR

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The first recorded disappearance of a United States ship in the Bermuda Triangle occurred in March 1945 when the U.S.S. Cyclops vanished. Then on December 5, 1945, a squadron of five U.S. Bombers disappeared, and a seaplane vanished while searching for the missing aircraft.

Source
USS CYCLOPS VANISHED google search

Forgot to add that I found nothing to a 'mayday' call 20 years later.

[edit on 21-9-2004 by SMR]

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I didn't find anything from my sources (Google). Maybe someone else will have more luck with finding the recent mayday, which I seriously doubt had occured.

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ive heard, the story, and seen a small documentary about it on tv. However there was no telling of the distress call from later on (20 years).

posted on Sep, 23 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I haven't heard of that specific radio call. However I have heard of radio signals making their way back to earth after decades in space. It's just one of those things. Creepy though.

posted on Sep, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
hey surfup, Do you doubt it ever occurred because you couldn't find anything on Google?? thats what it seems like your saying as you mentioned it straight after you said that! Don't take it personally but a lot of people believe/disbelieve something based on a search engine. IMO most truth and weird paranormal stuff CANNOT be found on the web! Just for your information though I have heard about this information from a bermuda triangle researcher, I will have to dig up where I heard this, I too loved this subject until methane gas in the sea sort of put everything into context, However, That does not explain all the mysteries of Bermuda!! You aren't going mad I have definately heard this information too!! not a much talked about subject anymore, strange that, Used to be on the news all the time when i was younger , the last time was around 1987 i think. strange!

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Quote " I have heard about this information from a bermuda triangle researcher, I will have to dig up where I heard this, I too loved this subject until methane gas in the sea sort of put everything into context, However, That does not explain all the mysteries of Bermuda!! You aren't going mad I have definately heard this information too!! not a much talked about subject anymore, strange that, Used to be on the news all the time when i was younger , the last time was around 1987 i think. strange!

thanks mindsmog, i have since asked other friends with an intrest in the triangle and it does ring some bells with them,though cant find diddly squat on the web at present,would sure appreciate it if you do.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I've actually heard of such displaced Mayday calls in the area, etc. but as they would be sporadic at best, not so much documentation on it, and I'm having no luck finding any... This would support many theories of a temporal displacement there though....

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Found something on this phenomenon...

The atmosphere is certainly capable of weird aberrations. On August 10, 1979, George Quig was trying to call his wife on their CB radio in the White Mountain area of New Hampshire when he picked up a desperate SOS from a vessel. By the clarity and reception he thought it was nearby. However, the voice on the other end said they were off the coast of Venezuela. A hoax might best explain this bit of interruption in a routine New Hampshire day. However, Quig contacted the Coast Guard and relayed the message. They in turn relayed it to the appropriate Coast Guard station; they in turn sent cutters and an airplane. Yes indeed, there was a boat in distress just like the voice had claimed. The Coast Guard rescued 5 people from a 42 foot trawler 3 hours later. It was, in fact, 2,000 miles away from New Hampshire off the coast of South America, just where the man had claimed to be.
This was attributed to an �atmospheric quirk.� What exactly is a quirk? When something is unknown it can only be judged by its effect. Whatever happened in the atmosphere that day, it allowed radio signals to be transmitted 2,000 miles away.
But when this happens after a plane has vanished, what kind of quirk is this? It�s not only a radio signal that has been misplaced in time or space, but an entire object as well, something tangible with people. If a quirk can misplace a radio signal, can a greater �quirk� misplace an object?
This page deals with this phenomenon. The Bermuda Triangle has more than its share of these �quirks.� On more than one occasion verified radio messages have been received from pilots who were long lost and out of fuel. The messages would imply they are still flying, some imply they are lost, or some even are sure they will land soon. . . .Yet they never do. They seem in another dimension, just out of reach with physical contact with ours.

Here's the link...

www.bermuda-triangle.org...

As for the ship, no US ship lost at that time it seems, though the planes you are referring to sound like the infamous Flight 19. A "flying boat" plane was also lost in the search effort for it, so maybe that's the source of confusion, as this was indeed in 1945.

[edit on 27-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Thanks Gazrok,i knew there had to be something out there,as for the ship in 1945,my freind was sure that was the date but as of the war being on, yeah i agree some confusion could have gone on+initally would it have been so odd to loose a ship during wartime,probably not.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   
There are some US military vessels lost in the triangle, just not in that time frame...according to the listing. With the U-Boat threat though, there are of course many other explainations....

new topics

top topics

join