It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you googled your town/city for UFO stories recently?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I sometimes think I haven't heard a good ufo story for ages, and I've seen others on here complain too. "where have they gone?" or "have abductions stopped?" or "I used to think they were real, now I don't" < (whatever THEY are)

Then this morning I was trying to find some online info about a local 1990s ufo sighting to add to Karl 12's thread. UFOs - Close Range Sightings

This particular one hovered near the side of the road and fired beams to the ground, just after pretending it was a car and shooting along the motorway directly towards two terrified blokes in their car.

Anyway, I didn't find the story and only know it from memory (probably warped out of recognition by now). BUT, googling all the place names near me, the roads, the towns, and the kingdom of Fife, I came across dozens of websites, dozens of sightings, a lot of them recent, and tons of oldies.

It doesn't matter if they're lanterns, swamp gas, or mirages of the planet Venus. There's real stories among them too. A lot of people are still looking up, when you maybe thought they weren't.

So if you like ufos and you start to think ET has gone home, "I'll never find the answers, nobody else in the world believes they're real except me", then shove all your local town names into google and read what's happening just round the corner, over your shoulder, and just next door. It'll make you all excited all over again.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

This is a great idea.
It would actually be nice to get a interactive global view and start putting "push pins"
on it with a pop up for each story and each recorded event. Inside the pop up would be articles and pictures.

I am not good enough to pull it off.... BUT, this site is full of creative and knowledgeable folks that could.

Check here to put your city in www.ufospottings.com

There were several dating back quite a long way in my area.
edit on 13-3-2012 by ScarletWitch because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

Have you googled your area recently? Most people don't even know where to report a UFO to, that's why sighting reports are all over the place. Thank goodness for the internet.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   
yo Wigit, im flagging you for that post brother!

Im from Livingston, Scotland which is the home to the Dechmont Law Ufo landing and also slap bang in the middle of the scottish UFO triangle.

I regurarly google for ufo sighting in my area
I always read each sighting and the forum replies that go along with them etc.

Another good thing to do is youtube your local area for ufo videos. change the settings on you tube to most recent and watch and learn. I generally google and you tube ufo livingston, ufo west lothian, ufo edinburgh, ufo scotland etc etc etc.

Until now i have never thought of making the ATS'rs aware, and ive been here a long time.

Star to you buddy.

As for what you where looking for, ill do a bit of delving online and into my offline archives to see if i can assist.

edit on 13-3-2012 by zeetroyman because: update

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by zeetroyman

Thank you. Just let me know when you hear anything exciting.

Just 5 minutes ago, 8.20pm Scottish time, I went out the front to look at Venus and Jupiter. They're to my left in the West, or thereabout. I glanced North and saw a star, brighter than Venus. If Venus is mag -4 then this was about -4.5, maybe -5. BRIGHT.
I stared to see if it would move but it slowly, in about 6-8 seconds, faded out. I yelled for a witness (as you do) and my daughter came to the door to watch with me as the light appeared again and slowly fade out like before.

I wonder what it was?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I got this

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceCowboy78

That's great footage. Daft question, but was it ever properly debunked?

It's similar in distance and size to the ufo sighting I had in 2003, only mine was more curvy and rounded with a rim that stuck out at the sides and curled up like a ray's fins.

When he says "and it had something at the bottom that kinda shined" I said something very similar at the time too. It was sort of glittery on the bottom and it had a reddish flashing light.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I have theres always sightings. Sightings & abductions have been on the rise recently. thousands each year if not more. I recommend checking out Coast to coast AM radio everynight. amazing show. Boomdaddy01 on youtube posts each show everyday, has a library of over a 1000.

for UFO sightings and more....

facebook.com/planetearthsecretreality
edit on 13-3-2012 by Caidema because: added a link

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I was doing this last night. Oakland, which is near me, has had quite a few going on.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Great to see folk are keeping up with local news and stories and there's still plenty activity about.

I'm still thinking about that starry thing I saw earlier so I'm off out the front for a fag and look up. I haven't had any sort of sighting for about 10 years.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Wow! My area (Charlotte, NC) is fast becoming a hotspot, 12 sightings in Jan 2012
I also missed a sighting in June 2011 when there was a boomerang shaped object spotted

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Ye i do this quite a lot , also searching peoples statuses on twitter i just type in " just seen a ufo " and its remarkable how many people are saying they saw one .
It would be so cool if there was some kind of live app where people could upload where and when the sighting took place and what direction it was headed .

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by wigit

ooooohhhh creepy. i googled my city after reading your post and was quite surprised. there are quite a few sightings!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I don't think googling will get you much. I reported a sighting I had today on another site that is friendly to this sort of thing, but nowhere else, so it won't come up will it? Had I posted it here, I would have been ridiculed. Further, I like others don't post my town and I quit calling mufon, there is so many. The one today looked to be out for a joy ride.

I did let mufon know of one two years ago, but then when two other came over last year, I let no one know, people seem to be immune to this anyhow.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ScarletWitch

MUfon has an updated map that pinpoints everywhere that there are sightings.If you click on one of the points it will give details of what occurred and show whatever evidence there is.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Abductions are still taking place. Have you checked how many missing people you have in youre country? There is no-one to go and look for them. I think atleast 40 percent missing may be UFO related. Check out Nome, Alaska.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by sailormon

Dont Give Up Reporting Sightings! MUFON guys care! Northwest UFO is another good one. I Care! I want to know where the damn things are at. I was taken back in Sept-2006..I am one pissed off female at Aliens! I know the creatures exist!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   
i recently searched Youtube for any UFO videos in my hometown Cambridge. i came across this
stunning footage; shows a number of ufos, a couple at very close range and also, what looks like a massive triangle formation . i'd be interested to know what you all think? LED kites perhaps, CGI or the real deal.?!?

cambridge ufo
edit on 14-3-2012 by escrow because: unable to embed youtube video

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I never thought of doing that before! I just did it and was AMAZED at how many reports there are for my area, and from the town I live in!
I had no idea!

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I can honestly say I have!!

And there are hundreds if not thousands of sightings every day and night!!

UK-UFO

Heres a photo I took last summer of a plane an 2 orbs.

Heres the one in the distance that seemed to have many planes kind of following it, or vise versa, there where loads of planes out that day. (Please excuse the black line I have drew, it was so my mom could see properly cuz shes blind as a bat lol...also, the contrast is a little altered so you can see it better)

Finally heres the silver orb that was hovering over a tree in my back garden!! I didnt see it at the time the photo was taken but I did see it a week before!!

edit on 14-3-2012 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join