It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imam dies in mosque arson attack in Belgian capital. Sunni vs shia attacks starting in europe ??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

An imam has been killed in an arson attack at a Shia mosque in the Brussels suburb of Anderlecht. The 46-year-old imam died of smoke inhalation trying to put out the fire. The suspect entered the mosque armed with an axe and a knife, and spread flammable liquid before setting it alight, officials said. One witness was quoted by Belgian media as saying that the man had shouted several times about Syria. Around 100 people had gathered behind a police cordon around the Rida mosque - the largest Shia mosque in Brussels. Some were chanting Shia slogans, others crying, hugging or praying, the AFP news agency reports. The imam was later named as Abdallah Dadou, a father of four children

First off i'll start by saying Rip to this man, no one deserves this fate.

Now what i found suspicious, is why the attacker started shouting Syria when he carried out this disgracefull attack, since there is a brutal sunni vs shia feud going on in Syria, As soon as i first read the title i assumed it was some Far right nazi Pr*ck untill i read this part

He was grabbed and locked in a room by worshippers. Police said his motives were unclear but he had described himself as a Muslim born in 1978.

The area around the Brussels mosque, one of four Shia centers of worship in the city’s overwhelming majority Sunni Muslim community, has a large settler Muslim community.

Well now it becomes more clear, Is this the start of sunni vs shia attacks happening in europe ??? IMO They should just chill out and smoke some shisha.

Imam dies in mosque arson attack in Belgian capital
Imam killed after man throws firebomb into mosque in Brussels
News pakistan source

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Let them kill eachother off for all I care.
2nd.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Justwork

Wow what a disgusting comment, how long did it take you to think of that well thought out and constructive reply ?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Well, I am not sure of the truth behind this story, if this man was a true Muslim he would have never commuted this crime, and their will be no Muslim vs Muslim here in the U.S or Europe I can assure you of that. The imam died as a shaheed inshallah.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShamilAbdullah
Well, I am not sure of the truth behind this story, if this man was a true Muslim he would have never commuted this crime, and their will be no Muslim vs Muslim here in the U.S or Europe I can assure you of that. The imam died as a shaheed inshallah.

What is there not to be sure of? This is very typical of Islam - kill first and forget about asking questions.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Thats the last thing we need - middle-eastern sectarian violence in Europe.
But honestly, do they expect something different when importing masses of muslims from all over the muslim world?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ShamilAbdullah

I'm sorry but i find it very hard to take you serious when you have the sword of islam as your signature, are you aware of how threatening that is to people. and don't get me started on your display picture. What makes you think he's not a muslim, do sunni vs shia attacks not happen around the world, because that's far from the truth.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Thetawave because: .

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justwork

What is there not to be sure of? This is very typical of Islam - kill first and forget about asking questions.

Humm. Reminds me of a marine saying, shoot first ask questions later? And no its not typical of Islam, I am Muslim and I can assure you that this kind of violent act is forbidden in Islam. As it is in other religions

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thetawave

I'm sorry but i find it very hard to take you serious when you have the sword of islam as your signature, are you aware of how threatening that is to people. and don't get me started on your display picture. What makes you think he's not a muslim, do sunni vs shia attacks not happen around the world, because that's far from the truth.

I am not here to have you take me seriously, judgeing by your comment I see you lack the knowlege reguarding Islam this "flag" has nothing to do with violence, and never judge a book by the cover, but this thread is not about me, lets focous on the topic savvy?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Humm. Reminds me of a marine saying, shoot first ask questions later? And no its not typical of Islam, I am Muslim and I can assure you that this kind of violent act is forbidden in Islam. As it is in other religions

Violence is forbidden in Islam? Are the rules in Islam optional or something?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

what rules?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

........their will be no Muslim vs Muslim here in the U.S or Europe I can assure you of that.....

You seem quite confident.

Why will the USA or Europe be any different to anywhere else where Sunni's and Shia's are?
There is a long and bloody history between the two denominations.
edit on 13/3/12 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   

what rules?

What the koran says what you can and can't do. These are called rules.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

Please feel free to post the "rules" since you seem to have knowledge of what you "can and cant " do?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

........their will be no Muslim vs Muslim here in the U.S or Europe I can assure you of that.....

Why will the USA or Europe be any different to anywhere else where Sunni's and Shia's are?

yes, his assurances aren't very assuring.

Behold, Belgium is feeling "enriched"!
edit on 13-3-2012 by blueorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

I am indeed I am confident, on a personal leavel I know this to be true, and the best way I.can explain it is. When your in a country who's majority citizens are un-educated about Islam it causes an effect that brings Islam together be it sunnie,Sufi, ect,ect. I mean I pray next to shia's in my eyes they are no differing then I , just as other religions are no differing, we are all in the same tree just differint brantches

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
Thats the last thing we need - middle-eastern sectarian violence in Europe.
But honestly, do they expect something different when importing masses of muslims from all over the muslim world?

Importing Muslims, what a humbling comment, importing like we are an item? But I am sure such a comment makes you feel superior? Fyi I converted to Islam from being a Christen , yup no importing here

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's good that you are so gracious and tolerant.

But why should I believe that you are representative of ALL Muslims when I'm told that the extremists aren't representative of all Muslims?

I listen to the news and hear about Sunni's blowing Shia's up every day.
I read about Sunni and Shia conflicts frequently.
Sunni and Shia relations have often been strained throughout history which has resulted in many deaths.

I would like to believe that Sunni and Shia can live together in peace, unfortunately both current events and history suggests that they can't.

new topics

top topics

join