It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Guy for Real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Here's the shopping deal of the decade. I give the owner props for coming up with this unique idea, but is he nuts and raise the bid to $3.00 ha, ha. Real Estate market might improve if more people were to do this. What do you think? Or do you think its a dumb way to get rid of it and like what's wrong with it? One of my theories it's haunted. (Indian burial ground or something)

Daily Mail Reporter

Owner Todd Talbot believes that although penny auctions exist for electronic goods, it is the first time a house has been sold in this way.‘It is the first time I'm aware of a home being sold on penny auction,’ he told ABC. ‘Normally it is for other kinds of products like iPads.’

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 13-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: add something

edit on 13-3-2012 by 1loserel2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
It's an okay home, not my color. But, maybe there was a crime committed there? If there was, he would have to disclose it to the new owners and that's probably why it's going for cheap. Usually when a crime has been committed in the home, the value of the home drops dramatically. Not saying this is the issue, but could be.
edit on 13-3-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
So he wants $165,000 for a $100,000 house.

Wow, if this works then the housing market is saved lol.

There are plenty of losers in this type of thing though, id hate to waste hours if not days bidding on something i can never own.

I can see some scams with this type of sale though, so i doubt it will ever become the norm.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
penny auction bids, it usually cost you a dollar for your penny, true you end up saving money but if you sell a ipod for $12, for every penny in that $12 the auction company get a dollar for ($1200). so this i think is a great way to sell house's, affordable for a family to get in and still plenty of money being made by seller.

$12=1200 pennys=$1200. guy who came up with this system is a genius.

*.60 cents at his bid site but you get the general idea
edit on 13-3-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: posted before reading story

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
It's a marketing ploy for him to get exposure for his site. If he were trying to get the same level exposure through normal marketing methods he would be in hole for well over 100,000. No matter what it sells at, it's a win/win situation for him.

Talbot, creator and owner of website iBidForAcent.com, describes the 1,749 square foot property as a completely remodelled, ‘turn-key’ home, just waiting for the winning bidder to move in. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
[ editby]edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join