It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better off without modern technology?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Would we be better off without modern technology?

I don't mean things like your phone, or lights.

I mean things like T.V., Computers, Nuclear warheads etc. etc..

Would we be better off if these things wern't invented?

I mean, sure we wouldn't have ATS, or the amount of contact that we have with the outside world, but people would be healthier, we wouldn't have as many couch potatoes, and teenages would see daylight, outside of school.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
You could always go Amish, and find out...

Without computers, you wouldn't have phones or lights. It isn't like the days of the old switchboard, far too many consumers to handle such networks without computers.

You can still NOT be a couch potato, and go see daylight. I do all the time. The choice remains where it has always been.....with YOU.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The problem is not with the technology itself, but how man uses it. All advancements are a double edged sword. The problem is that the humans are the ones swinging it around.

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
the fact that equal amount of energy is used in tecnology to make and use it becuase without technoligy we wouldnt advance in medical science but then again as i said about equal energy needed when using tecnology that is in a sense everything has its value and how much work involved when aquiring pieces of tecnology like a tv,phone,car they make ur live easier and more enjoyable but it has a negative effect like needing to work for money to get this tecnology or to get enjoyment u have to do a job that after a while isnt enjoyable but more beeing content wiv to aquire a little happiness with sumthing new

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
what is this 'daylight' you speak of???

top topics

join