It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nukes ... ... ??? (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
NUCLEAR WAR ... Eventually noone will be able to stop it, Unfortunately.

Why don't we just go ahead and start ???

www.msnbc.msn.com
�We�ve made our choice," Khatami told a military parade in Tehran. "Yes to peaceful nuclear technology, no to atomic weapons.�

He added that Iran would continue along that path "even if it leads to an end to international supervision� of our nuclear activities.

Enriching uranium
In Vienna, Gholamreza Aghazadeh, the head of Iran's Atomic Energy Organization, told reporters that Iran had begun converting 37 tons of raw uranium into material which is fuel for nuclear centrifuges -- the machines that enrich uranium.

Iran insists it needs enrichment to generate power, but the process can also be used to create nuclear weapons.

One nuclear expert has said that, if enriched, the 37 tons would be enough material for five nuclear weapons.

"Some of the amount of the 37 tons has been used. The tests have been successful but these tests have to be continued using the rest of the material," said Aghazadeh, who is attending a general conference of the IAEA.

Iran had told the IAEA a few weeks ago it intended to run the tests. However, the announcement came after the IAEA board of governors passed a resolution on Saturday calling on Iran to halt all activities linked to uranium enrichment.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I was really amazed at some of these facts .... Like everything from in the U.S. sais Made in Taiwan ... Made in China ... Made in Spain ... Blah Blah Blah .... But you know what all those nukes and missiles say on them in britain and spain ???? Made IN USA ?? LoL ... It is so funny we happen to have all these left over missiles from all these former wars ??? And we are giving them away I mean they are the highest powered missile in the Navy ? LoL ... What does that tell you about the U.S. They give away their most powerful weapon in the SEAS .. LoL ... yeah right .. OH yeah ... and what about this list funny to see that Peaceful Buhdist nation India and pakistan ... I thought I worship cows and crap ? What they doing building nukes ? They need the power too like Iran or they just need to sell a couple under the table nukes to make a few extra dollars NATIONAL PROFIT />??? Peace .. jsut some facts for you guys minds to play with ... PEACE

UNITED STATES
The U.S. is modernizing and reducing its arsenal in line with what it sees as new post-Cold War realities. The U.S. will retain 14 Ohio-class ballistic missile submarines. Its force of land-based Minuteman III missiles has been cut from 530 to 500. Short-range nuclear attack missiles have been retired. The START II treaty goal is to reduce warheads to 3.500 by 2003. Along with the subs and Minutemans, B-52 bombers with air-launched cruise missiles (ALCMs), and 20 B-2's carrying up to 16 gravity bombs each, and some tactical weapons, will round out the U.S. arsenal.

UNITED KINGDOM
The British nuclear bomber force was phased out in 1998, leaving only a submarine-based deterrent. Nonetheless, the force remains formidable, all based on four new Vanguard class nuclear missile subs. The submarines are armed with U.S.-supplied Trident II D-5 missiles.

FRANCE
France maintains a nuclear bomber force and a small fleet of nuclear missile submarines. Its arsenal, on paper at least, is the third most powerful in the world. However, post-Cold War reductions are sweeping, including the elimination of land-based missiles. At the same time, modernization continues. Like China and Britain, France has chosen to stay out of arms control efforts, arguing its forces are purely defensive.

ISRAEL
Israel's officially unacknowledged nuclear arsenal is the worst-kept secret in the Middle East, and that is no accident. No potential foe can discount it. Recent revelations suggest Israel has about 100 nuclear weapons in a mix of gravity bombs and missiles. The Israeli air force would rely on U.S.-supplied aircraft such as the F-4E and F-15 to deliver them.

RUSSIA
The former Soviet arsenal inherited by Russia has dwindled and aged but remains the largest on the planet. The cost of safely destroying missiles and warheads has hampered Moscow's ability to reduce the arsenal. However, Russia still aimes to meet the 3,500 warhead target agreed to with the U.S. in the START II accord, even if the treaty remains unratified by the Russian parliament. In 1999, Russia still had about 20,000 warheads, many of them slated for destruction. Extensive missile systems, a fleet of aging nuclear submarines, plus long-ranged bombers continue to make Russia a power to reckon with.

PAKISTAN
Ever-aware of India's intentions, Pakistan began a secret nuclear weapons program in 1972. By the late 1980's, Pakistan was capable of building nuclear weapons, and in 1990, that fact prompted the U.S. cut off aid to Islamabad. With Chinese help, Pakistan is believed to have several completed, but unassembled weapons, which would take several hours to prepare for use. Several were tested soon after India's May 1998 explosions. Pakistan also has received Chinese aid in developing the Hatf I and Hatf-II ballistic missiles.

INDIA
India detonated a nuclear device in May 1974. For over two decades, it claimed no bombs were built and that only peaceful research continued. Then, in 1998, India all but declared itself a nuclear power with a series of nuclear tests, a move that angered the West and prompted its rival Pakistan to follow suit. India has enough plutonium for over 80 weapons. It continues to work on improvements to its Prithvi and Agni ballistic missiles.

CHINA
China's nuclear arsenal is relatively small but includes the three major strategic componets: land-, air- and submarine-launched systems. U.S. defense strategists regard China's arsenal as defensive. However, aggressive espionage and its growing economy suggest modernization -- if not expansion -- is in the cards. On arms control, China refuses to take part until U.S. and Russian arsenals come down to a level comparable to Britain, France and China.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I guess noone wants to talk about the world tearing itself apart one bomb at a time when the world is full of greedy people starting in the U.S.A. for sure ... but it does trandescend up and down to all the other countries in the world.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I guess noone wants to talk about the world tearing itself apart one bomb at a time

That's a good guess...

Nuclear confrontation somewhere, isn't a matter of IF, but WHEN...

Now that Iran and North Korea are on the board, the WHEN is looking closer and closer... If Dubya is re-elected, the WHEN moves up even further... Quite frankly, no, it isn't something I want to think about....

Personally, I'm already seeing how WWIII is going to play out...and none of us are going to like it...even those of us who'll never see a mushroom cloud...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   
My worry isn't really the major countries in the world having nukes. It is all the independent former soviet sattelites that have massive stocks of them and are selling them to the highest bidders, or are "losing" them. While Russia has attempted to keep a track on them it is obviuosly a very futile act. Eventually someone or some country who actually has the want and will to use one will do so. Once this happens I hope the major powers actually have the restraint within them not to just "let 'er rip".

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I understand most of your post but could you please explain this:

I was really amazed at some of these facts .... Like everything from in the U.S. sais Made in Taiwan ... Made in China ... Made in Spain ... Blah Blah Blah .... But you know what all those nukes and missiles say on them in britain and spain ???? Made IN USA ?? LoL ... It is so funny we happen to have all these left over missiles from all these former wars ??? And we are giving them away I mean they are the highest powered missile in the Navy ? LoL ... What does that tell you about the U.S. They give away their most powerful weapon in the SEAS .. LoL ... yeah right .. OH yeah ... and what about this list funny to see that Peaceful Buhdist nation India and pakistan ... I thought I worship cows and crap ? What they doing building nukes ? They need the power too like Iran or they just need to sell a couple under the table nukes to make a few extra dollars NATIONAL PROFIT />??? Peace .. jsut some facts for you guys minds to play with ... PEACE

(preferably in English...)

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Personally, I'm already seeing how WWIII is going to play out...and none of us are going to like it...even those of us who'll never see a mushroom cloud...

By all means elaborate. Right about now anything could possibly happend im not sure how anyone can predict one scenario out the the incredible amounts available. Yours however might seem more logical then others considering a large portion of the U.S still thinks the world is safer without the old Iraqi regime.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   

WTF? Nukes in Britain are made in the US, get off! There made in Aldermaston, near Reading, my home town. Stop being a monkey....

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

WTF? Nukes in Britain are made in the US, get off! There made in Aldermaston, near Reading, my home town. Stop being a monkey....

I can testify to that, i almost applied for a job there. :-)

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I believe that there wont be a nuclear war at all. The only nations right now that I see as using any nukes at all would be North Korea only because their leader is a complete nutcase, or Iran because if Israel does decide to finally attack, which no doubt will be aided by the U.S. they will be left with no choice but to use their nukes because they may put up a fight with the conventional forces, but they would just be squashed when they let all the technology rip. All the other nations have plenty of formidable conventional forces that they see no reason to really use the nukes. They kind of just keep them around to boast power and play-threat with them once in awhile just to see if they can bs the enemy into submission, which of course never works. India and Pakistan is a perfect example. Israel and Iran another.

Now the reaosn I say there wont be a nuclear war is because once that first nuke hits the destination and blows, the First Strike aggressor or defender will realize the insanity of what he/she has just done. Of course with a retalitory strike the will feel the heat even more. The other guy isnt going to just launch massive amounts of nukes at one time there are rules to this game that the powers have agreed upon. First strike offensive can only be met with a similar scale retalitory strike. It is upon the decision of the First nuke assaulter to continue the nuke battle that will result in complete destruction for himself.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
And in Boxing Mike Tyson ... wasn't aloud to bite ears. And you aren't aloud to have secret meetings @ Area 51. And aliens may or may not exist but none of you know without a doubt I Garuntee. That is unless you are one of them. Then God forbid I retreive my previous statement. I am myself lost in a world that is going no where we lost the Vision long time ago. Not even sure if the Egyptians had the vision excpet they knew we would have to Keep the strong strong and keep the weak Dead. Or they would breed and make the rest of the populace weak. Just like the herds of any animal they run the slowest weakest animal gets aten every time. I wonder why nature is like this... even better yet I wonder if the other animals mourn for thier losses .... .... I KNOW THAT THEY DO .... but that doesn't keep them from realizing the truth ... are government is spending Hundreds of thousands of dollars on my Blind Cousin that will never drive never see as good as some and never have the ability to do anything to help civilization as the rest of us could. What could we do if we spent all the money we do putting up handicapped signs everywhere and help for the blind we put it somewhere else. What if we stopped making the Ramp regulatory and making if you are goign to live in this world with us you are goign to have to get up outta that wheel chair and walk up those stairs. ... What if ... we would stop being so damn compassionate about people dying and realize that people die everyday and that it is goign to Happen ... Are you scared of Death ? Why, it isn't going to help at all I promise !!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
yeah, we could save the money and make some more guns.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   

just a Hard thought.

And in Boxing Mike Tyson ... wasn't aloud to bite ears. And you aren't aloud to have secret meetings @ Area 51. And aliens may or may not exist but none of you know without a doubt I Garuntee. That is unless you are one of them. Then God forbid I retreive my previous statement. I am myself lost in a world that is going no where we lost the Vision long time ago. Not even sure if the Egyptians had the vision excpet they knew we would have to Keep the strong strong and keep the weak Dead. Or they would breed and make the rest of the populace weak. Just like the herds of any animal they run the slowest weakest animal gets aten every time. I wonder why nature is like this... even better yet I wonder if the other animals mourn for thier losses .... .... I KNOW THAT THEY DO .... but that doesn't keep them from realizing the truth ... are government is spending Hundreds of thousands of dollars on my Blind Cousin that will never drive never see as good as some and never have the ability to do anything to help civilization as the rest of us could. What could we do if we spent all the money we do putting up handicapped signs everywhere and help for the blind we put it somewhere else. What if we stopped making the Ramp regulatory and making if you are goign to live in this world with us you are goign to have to get up outta that wheel chair and walk up those stairs. ... What if ... we would stop being so damn compassionate about people dying and realize that people die everyday and that it is goign to Happen ... Are you scared of Death ? Why, it isn't going to help at all I promise !!!!

DUDE! How would you feel if you where in his/her position? That is what makes us different from the animals, that we care for our weakest, and have compassion.

And i dont know where you got this notion that Egypt was some eugenics, kill the weak, facist type state. They where just like the rest of us and the end of the day. For gods sake man, get a grip!

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted by stumason

I can testify to that, i almost applied for a job there. :-)

yeah, me too, but they made you do drugs tests, and well, I kinda don't like that

[edit on 9-10-2004 by stumason]

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The egyptians ... were cruel to their traitors ... if someone lied cheat or stole they chopped off thier hand and guess what they didn't help them. And you are dead wrong .... about the egyptians ... if a baby popped out and it was a boy and the father took him out to hunt and he couldn't shoot a bow or couldn't see the father didn't take him home and feed him and take care of him the rest of his life. I am not really sure what happend to him but those days were real and I promise that they didn't have any kind of program worked out from the government giving out grants and crap to the blind or handicapped they were finding the great warriors and solting them.

new topics

top topics

join