It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to publish bank stress-tests Thursday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   
The US Federal Reserve will announce results of their latest "stress test" agenda this week.

IMO, I believe this is malarkey because banks that have "failure" tendencies
simply get liquidated and merged with other banks.

These "failures" are nothing more than a consolidation that "creates" less banks !!

The bigger banks keep getting bigger.

And not that the entire banking system is going down the drain.

They keep getting bailed out anyway.

And usually, the bank failures are because of bad loans IMO.
(even though the bank loan officers are some of the most highly educated people in the world !!)

By Agence France-Presse
Monday, March 12, 2012 20:18 EDT
The Raw Story

WASHINGTON — The US Federal Reserve announced Monday it will publish results of its stress tests for the country’s largest banks on Thursday, aimed at seeing if they are fit to survive another massive recession.

The test results will cover 19 large bank holding companies, examining how they would fare if the country experienced a recession marked by a 50 percent drop in stock prices, a 21 percent fall in housing prices, and joblessness soaring to 13 percent — all the while being buffeted by an even worse recession in Europe.

The stress scenario “is not the Federal Reserve’s forecast for the economy,” the central bank cautioned.

But it “was designed to represent an outcome that, while unlikely, may occur if the US economy were to experience a deep recession at the same time that economic activity in other major economies contracted significantly.”
Bee.Ess. !!

Malarkey Stress Tests

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Any bets that all banks will pass with flying colors, the market will take off like a fly from a swatter and the whole country will be giddy with spending excitement and Obama will get a big push toward re-election in the next polls????

C'mon . . . anyone . . . . anyone . . . ANYONE???????

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

My problem is i find it hard to believe any form of statistics or evidence the government brings forward, let alone federal reserve..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose
reply to post by xuenchen

My problem is i find it hard to believe any form of statistics or evidence the government brings forward, let alone federal reserve..

Join the club. This is just another aspect of the Big Lie, to comfort the ignorant and apathetic. I'd call it a pointless exercise--except that it does have a point: To keep the believers believing....

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I wonder why they would do this so called stress test if they weren't expecting a second wave of recession to hit. Maybe there is more to this, like say the 100 year Federal Reserve Charter due next year.

This sounds to me that things might be looking up for the moment or we have three more years of bad economy or worse.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I wonder why they would do this so called stress test if they weren't expecting a second wave of recession to hit. Maybe there is more to this, like say the 100 year Federal Reserve Charter due next year.

This sounds to me that things might be looking up for the moment or we have three more years of bad economy or worse.

From the results,

It looks like just a normal BeeEss report.

If they want a "bad" report, they get it.
(sets up future bailouts)

If they want a "good" report, they get it.
(for political cloaking)

You have to wonder WHO administrates all this
and how much they get paid for this malarkey.

BTW, I don't believe the original Fed Reserve Charter or any amendments
have a 100 year clause.

I think it is just "revokable" by Congress etc.

join