It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Twitter Going Beyond 140 Characters with Posterous Acquisition

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Twitter has acquired Posterous, the best blogging platform (imho). This is probably the beginning of an end for Posterous brand and service. In the coming weeks, it will provide its users some “specific instructions for exporting your content to other services.”

Image Credit
-----

twitter.com
We've been acquired by Twitter!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
These are exciting times we are living in, acquisition's such as these will further expand the reach capability of interaction between brands and end user's this also has a back lash for flybywire companies that set up shop with a low standard of service and quality. As easy as it will be to promote a company so to will be its downfall if consumer needs failed to be met. As the old saying goes, " there are two sides to a coin " , heads or tails...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
I was going to tweet about this interesting development but I was cut off at 140 characters.

edit on 13-3-2012 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

aww..yeah its a pain with those 140 characters, but you know there is a way around the 140 characters and you can tweet the message no matter if its 140 or 1040, you do know this right ? , its rather simple matter of thinking outside the box, then again, i am a person who lives outside the box.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Explanation: S&F!

Yes ... it is called use EMAIL!

Personal Disclosure: :shk:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos
reply to post by cerebralassassins

Explanation: S&F!

Yes ... it is called use EMAIL!

Personal Disclosure: :shk:

No..its not by email.

I couldn't reach 100k via email that is unless i used various eamil services, but as twitter i can outreach far beyond the 1million active users per tweet if and when its required, as that is a paid service that i offer, return re tweets via custom url and follow through's has about about +- 35-40 % active click and follow through via real time tracking on multiple sites. I had opened a thread about it but was trashed earlier on, have no idea why, but dont care either, just mentioning it for arguments sake. In the meantime, have break and relax with some music.

edit on 13-3-2012 by cerebralassassins because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Im ooosing with satisfaction today... you all may be asking why, well let me tell you why.

In three weeks with some hard work and lot's of coffee..well not so much coffee, but some tea, and orange juice i managed to be listed as no 1 ranked news source in google. I wont go mentioning for which country but im sure some of you might have guessed or assumed. The site isn't old and was recently re structured. The site has only been online for about a month now, but with methods i used when i was working for another body i manged to tweak and modify to cater for the private sector.

News affiliated corporation such as BBC, Reatures are out of the 100+ major news outlets that i bumped off the ladder and all this from yours truly. I am extremely satisfied as methods i used as mentioned above were modified to cater for the new client along with some extreme and not so normal methods of using what is being offered to anyone who has access to the internet, and off-course my cerebral cortex, which isn't offered by google ..hehe. I would also like to add, that there is zero advertising on the site, no Ad sense, no ppc, no nothing, zero, zilch, nada, no hidden stealth clicks or multiple satellite sites and to make it crystal clear no black hat methods or white hat methods what so ever were used or are currently being used.
Today my humble ats'ss, i am one f*cking proud person. I would also like to add, that i have zero rss feed on that particular site. No meta tags, infact, every seo checking tool i used brought up multiple red colored zones or lines (missing, does not exist etc). Like i have said, don't look at the forest but concentrate on that small insignificant plant in the foreground, that's the answer.

For the past five days that is...keep in mind, the client and the language the site was using was not my native language, thought i should mention that to give you guys the magnitude of what i undertook as a personal bet to myself and my ability to persevere what others are too busy loosing themselves in so called proven methods.

P.S. I have a huge grin as i am typing this similar to this:
and yes, i have already been contacted and scheduled phone meetings for the weekend. So ill be kinda afk on the site, but ill be popping in here and there to keep me upto date, btw, you may even see an ats thread being mentioned within major brand name in the coming weeks, soooo dont be too surprised, after all, this site did and has and hopefully will keep me company during the hours that are needed to kinda of relax. Okay..guys and girsl, ill see you all around and yeah..i am one happy trooper today. So im off now, going to check out some other threads, hope this post hasn't bored you to much, but if it has, well you can always hit the alert button.

Stay safe and sane...well how sane can anyone remain in this world is beyond me.

new topics

top topics

join