It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive Wave of Resignations (Addendum to Main Thread)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Thanks Man! You answered my question to this post www.abovetopsecret.com... exactly. weird times we are in.. Thanks again S&F

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Mosthated718bx

That's a link to page 1 of that thread, where I can't find your post.
Would you be so cooperative to make it a link to your post? Right click the dark blue text "this post", copy and paste its URL link in your next post here, th.i.adv.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Attention, I found out that you must turn off "Use Stemming" in your full search pages. Then suddenly the whole picture changes enormously.
That's why I needed to do some extensive editing in my last two posts on the bottom of page 3.
There's also the reason why you must turn off stemming,

I think this reverses the whole picture, and shows a huge increase in new appointments of directors and other qualified personnel.

I could be wrong of course. I'll wait for the OP or others to eventually correct me, or agree.

26. I search on a specific word, but the results return other stems or variations of the word. How can I turn this off?

The Full-Text Search Engine, by default, searches on the stems of words in the query. For instance, "securities" would get stemmed to "secur" and also find "security," "secure," "securing," and "secures." To turn this off, on the Advanced search menu page, deselect the "Use Stemming" checkbox and the search engine will not stem your query terms. A search on "securities" will only return "securities."

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
like rats running from a flood

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Originally posted by Mosthated718bx
Interesting stuff here bro, I have been following your thread here and there and I would like to say thank you for all the great work you’re doing! I have a question I noticed that the graphical portion of the data only shows last year and this year, question is how common/uncommon are these numbers on a wider range of years? Thank you and o yea S&F.

I hope I am doing this right.. Location of post www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-3-2012 by Mosthated718bx because: Forgot location of my post..

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
Great research, a lot of work. The statistics all look very interesting, however...
Where is the media coverage for this? The Money columns in all the big media will comment on all sorts of minutia in business, but nothing to be seen there about any of this. Begs for a WHY?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

You are right, there is a problem with the data. I knew EDGAR was stemming the queries but didn't give it much thought because it should be consistent over the 4 years of results.

However, upon running a couple of searches, it does appear to have made a difference. As for why it is making a difference, I am in the process of trying to determine. Unfortunately, I have prior commitments today and will not be able to spend the time necessary rerunning all the queries.

Thanks LaBTop for bringing this to my attention and I will try to get more reliable data in short order.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Ok , I just caught this on MSN, it appears Greg Smith of Goldman Sacks has just resigned.
This is is important part as he let the cat out of the bag or as I said before spilled the beans he said " the environment is as toxic as have ever seen " I got this on the fly so don't try and nit pick what I have said as is general ideal of what is going on.
But it does appear that the is going toward the shtf scenario, and these bankers don't want to be caught in the middle of it when it comes down, because when they close the banks this time people will be dieing, and it will start with the bad people being attacked, the bankers.
SO this is not about bankers leaving because it's good time in regard to bonuses, it's a good time to save their arse.

I hope this turns out good, no matter what we all need to stick together, I don't say this out of fear, but out of compassion for the. good

someone at ATS has started a thread on this, Link; www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 14-3-2012 by googolplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Good work LaBTop! finding a possible flaw in the data, but even if the numbers are not as drastic as they first appeared, the resignation trend might still have major signifigance. The NWO has been consolidating its power for hundreds of years, why should it stop now? They use to make small changes over large amountes of time, but now they make huge changes over small increments of time. One day soon we will wake up and find our worst fears have been realized. I wish this was not so.

Just curious: why are there so few comments on a thread that so many people are looking at?

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed
Has anyone attempted to contact some of these people that have departed and tried to ask them their reasoning for leaving? I would like to hear those comments, if they were to be available. Maybe it is those folks that can shed some more light on the subject.

This Goldman Sachs Exec has just gone public with an op-ed in the NYTimes.
www.theblaze.com...

Greg Smith, a Goldman Sachs executive, is fed up with his company and has resigned from his position. But rather than simply giving his two weeks’ notice and leaving it at that, he decided that he would do a little something extra.

He decided to write an angry op-ed for the The New York Times that publicly denounces what he calls Goldman’s culture of corruption. Smith, now a former executive director and head of the firm’s United States equity derivatives business in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, had his op-ed published this morning.

“Today is my last day at Goldman Sachs,” Smith writes, “After almost 12 years at the firm…I believe I have worked here long enough to understand the trajectory of its culture, its people and its identity. And I can honestly say that the environment now is as toxic and destructive as I have ever seen it.”

edit: looks like there's a tread on this particular resignation already going on over here: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 3/14/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: point to existing thread

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I was reading abouit all the resignations the other day and I was wondering and a thought popped into my ead: Maybe "THEY" are starting with the pledge of lligence to Satan or the AntiCHRIST in keeping their jobs. More and more things are coming down to the beginning of tribulation times. If any of the people have a touch of their Christian faith or knowledge of what the antiCHRIST will be requiring from them,they were very smart to quit and RUN!!! Have any reasons for the resignations been written or given? I am ignorant of any reasons, sorry.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Does anyone really think after so many years with GS that Greg Smith JUST seen the corruption?

I say, string 'em up with the rest of 'em, and redistribute the wealth of all of them! The Rothschild fortune should give us all a bit of comfort for a while on it's own.

edit on 14-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LaBTop

Hello,

I tried to investigate those results with the Edgar database search tool. It appeared to me that the words "Resigns" and "Resignation" are not really used when someones resigns. By the way, the best keyword seemed to be "Resigned" in the reports I checked where someone really resigned.

Thus, searching only for "Item 5.02" AND resigned (and turning stemming off), the results are far lower than those given in this topic.

I also tried to replace "resigned" by "appointed" and I had a lot lot more results, but that keyword can appear when someone is promoted. Also, sometimes I saw reports with people resigning to be immediatly appointed to a higher position. Also, a report can have several resignation/appointments.

The numbers given in this topic are not reliable and would really need to be cross-checked with several search methods.

A.G.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by prophetx

That was exactly what I was seeing too, the bulk of the hits has no resignation or assignment (appointment) at all of existing people, those bulky reports are the does and don'ts of the company culture at that specific company, their statutes. No names mentioned, just what CEO's and directors and the janitor may and may not do.

Not using that stemming feature delivers sometimes more, or a lot less search hits. And more red text-highlights with the search terms in them. With stemming, most of the hits on a 100-hits search result page are in fact faulty hits, they just have the search term somewhere in their bulky statutes but no real assignments or resignations at all.

The method of just using all page hits as reliable data is seriously flawed.
Sorry OP if it sounds harsh, you did find a well stocked source (that you as a good researcher honestly shared with us! ) that with the right search methods, or good old personal counting, will deliver a good insight in the coming and going process at the top. Still many thanks for your good find.
Btw, I got the feeling that that sites search processing has got an upgrading or such in the last quarter of 2011, and the first quarter of 2012. Too many no-names search hits in those quarters, compared to real-names search hits.

And prophetx, that's what directly caught my attention, that in many of the real deals, were multiple resigns mentioned by names, but also multiple new assigns. And also shareholder names, who are not of interest of the subject of this thread.
I hoped already on a same soul who would go on where I left when the sleep fairy got to me. Good job, thanks.
It's good to see we still have peer reviewers on board, who dare to post their doubts.

OP, it is still highly interesting to follow up on your drawn opening posts statistics, now with narrowed down and real data. Real names counting of the going and coming men and women.

Thanks for a good read, and who knows if we can get their ages coupled to their names, and a few more details, like sudden change of home address, over state borders or even international borders.
Or switching over to other comparably big companies.
Or first sift through the search results to remove the smaller firms. Their yearlies will give a clue to their sales figures. And much more.

I found a surprisingly short list of US based Gold, Silver and Diamond Mining companies by the way, which lacked many names I know from my past activities in that field. Especially the real huge ones. So how did they got off that list?
I know of a huge Texas based one, still headquartered there, which CEO's robs developing countries of their huge gold and diamonds natural deposits , by paying the ruling parties, dictators (who they helped in the saddle by paying for a bloody revolution) a measly 15 percent of the benefits, and some of them in the past were told that their companies mining activities were for copper. They paid one dumb-nut dictator 30 years long 15% of the profits on copper revenues.

How stupid a dictator can you be?
The whole mountain is surrounded by a huge deserted area where nothing grows, only dead tree stumps stick out from the silica sands and lava sands. Caused by the 19teenth hundreds real crude extraction process via an immense use of mercury salts, highly toxic for humans and nature.
The whole top, 1/3rd of that huge mountain, is gone. The indigenous people of that area are all sick, no teeth, miscarriages are the worlds top, etc.

Yep, greedy capitalism at its best, the most common US export feature of the last decennia.

And did you know when it started? In the last year of WW II, when the old geezers now in power, found out as youngsters that you could achieve an immense advance jump-start in mining for precious metals etc, when you used the just a few years old ground radar build-in in bomber planes, for tracking those desolated countries they passed through on their liberation journeys. They had seen that the radar beams went in the ground too. And returned strange signals when they struck something, later found to be metals.

These guys suddenly KNEW where the pots at the ends of the rainbows were...! When the freshly liberated new leaders even didn't know of any rain or sunshine at all.
That gave them a head start on all eventual global competitors, and the real local owners of those soils sold those properties and mining rights for practically nothing.
And then huge fences were set around all of them, to keep the nosy ruling class out, and cheap work forces were flown or shipped in who could not leave that fenced in area, and left only by plane for their vacations abroad, so the natives never knew what exactly went on there. Except what they saw of the devastation of their former hunting grounds.

In other words, Greed flourishes on Cruelty, of passed, ongoing and coming wars.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Wonderful research! BRAVO!!!

You might try adding these to your boolean searches, I've found in my searches these terms to be useful: quits resign "steps down" "step down" "left board" "leave board" "pursue other opportunities" depart

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
getting ready for the big collapse running to the hills high grounds always good option.

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LordOfArcadia

Did you get more reliable data in short order, already?
I'm quite curious what the real numbers are, quitters against newly appointed ones.

In the FAQ section, there's a link to the admins of that site, where they invite you to ask relevant questions to them, if their usual answers do not address the question or answer you search for.

www.sec.gov...

27. I still need help. What do I do?

Send an e-mail to the [email protected] mailbox, telling us what you're trying to find and how you've been searching for it.
edit on 17/3/12 by LaBTop because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I want to point out that I think the search terms presented could be improved.
Suggested: "8-k" AND "Resigns" AND "Resignation"
Should be: "8-k" AND ("Resigns" OR "Resignation")

The difference is that the original search terms return results containing ALL THREE terms.
What you really want is to return results that contain "8-K" AND either "Resigns" OR "Resignation", both aren't required (but both are allowed). The brackets may not be allowed with their search engine, you may have to look up how to do this. They didn't mention brackets in their FAQ.

Be careful: "8-k" AND "Resigns" OR "Resignation" may return ("8-k" AND "Resigns") OR "Resignation" which is not what we want. And doing two searches and combining the totals: ("8-k" AND "Resigns") then ("8-k" AND "Resignation") wont work because some / most will contain both terms ("Resigns" and "Resignation) which would skew the results.

The new result count should be higher, as not all results would contain BOTH "Resigns" and "Resignation".

Ideally you would want to search for "8-K" AND "Resign*" since wildcards are allowed (according to their FAQ).

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
It seems the SEC has cleaned the data today...

Here are the new results : there is no more anomaly
docs.google.com...=0

BTW, "approximately" labeled results should never been used to correlate data.

I guess we have no way to know if the cleaning was needed because of a bug in the recorded data or in the code of the search request, or not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join