It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Little Debbie An Insidious Culture Eraser?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Tonight at a friend's house I had a tasty little snack cake treat.

But seriously, my friends, I am disturbed.

That Little Debbie Cocoa Creme has brought me to the breaking point. It all started when I saw the blue box in the kitchen. I had never seen these Cocoa Creme snacks before. It is a Little Debbie product. It must be new. So my friend gave me one. Then two and three. Something was not right.

From the moment of seeing this individually wrapped snack cake I suspected something. It looked distinctly like a snack cake I remember from back in the days that came wrapped two to a pack. It was that distinct hexagonal shape. It was a six-sided, cocoa creme filled, chocolate covered snack that was at once synthetic and addictive. These gems have the texture of a laboratory perfected mass production snack cake and the chemical structure to induce mass consumption in the accompaniment of a tall cool glass of vitamin D laced whole milk goodness. They were the exact same snack cakes I had eaten many years ago, but packaged one to a pack. And renamed.

What was Little Debbie trying to do to me? What evil had she concocted?

I need your help, ATS. What is the name of the Little Debbie snack cake that was six-sided and packaged two to a pack?

I am not talking about the circular Creme Pies, or the square Devil Squares or the round frosted cakes. The six-sided also came in a different variety with white chocolate covering and dark icing stripes. They may have been Zebra Cakes. What I want to know is the name of the cake that was previously sold two to a pack and looked and tasted exactly like the blue boxed Cocoa Cremes. I am seriously thinking Little Debbie is pulling a fast one on us. I can only imagine it will devastating to our cultural memory as multiple generations of snackers fade away into the distant past.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I just looked through the Little Debbie website again. They have them all pictured. The cakes I have in mind look like the Zebra Cakes except not with a yellow inside. The ones I ate have that hexagonal shape, but are chocolate with creme filling inside. Sort of like a Swiss Roll, but hexagonal.

I'm telling you, Little Debbie has taken a product off the market and replaced it with the new Cocoa Cremes. Even the website lists Cocoa Cremes as a new product. There it is, folks. Right there frozen in time on their website. The two-pack hexagonal chocolate creme-filled cakes are gone!!

What were they called???

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
And this is a conspiracy how? Lol. S n f just because I want to know what snack you are talking Bout!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Is this it?

Sorry, I can't upload pics from my iPad......looks like they are just "snack cakes"
edit on 13-3-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I was a huge fan of their "choco bliss". If anyone remembers them. When I was 17-18 I remember chasing a pack with a pint of nestle quick.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
@OP

?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Holodomor
@OP

?

Exactly! They were literally called "little Debbie snack cakes!".

And I thought tonight was boring here on ATS

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

I wish I could provide a bit of info for you, but I am laughing too hard, right now!!

Thanks for this idea, and the levity. Well needed.......

(Hmmm....a 6-sided "Little Debbie", did you say? Haven't run across one yet, in my travels and travails......)....

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
ACTUALLY....

A bit more research shows they are the creme-filled chocolate cupcakes! However nowadays the Little Debbies look a lot like the Hostess, so maybe this is older...dunno.

Huzzah!

edit on 13-3-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
I think a midnight run to the corner store is now in order....

This thread is a conspiracy in itself!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Conspiracy or not, I really want some Twinkies now.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

SIX-sided Twinkies?

If I were more clever, I could find a joke in there....somewhere......(sigh)......

OK, passing to YOU!!!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

@OP

?

That is it!!
That is totally the snack cake. Little Debbie used to sell them under a different name.

And.... it may have been simply ''snack cake''!!
I actually told my friend that I remembered them being called Little Debbie Snack Cakes, but at the time that seemed too simple of an answer. It might be true, though.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

ACTUALLY....

A bit more research shows they are the creme-filled chocolate cupcakes! However nowadays the Little Debbies look a lot like the Hostess, so maybe this is older...dunno.

Huzzah!

edit on 13-3-2012 by Holodomor because: (no reason given)

Nope. That is just another variety, like Zebra Cakes.

These are plain chocolate. No icing. No stripes. No swirls.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It is in the first picture Holodomor posted. And like amongus says, they may be called simply ''snack cakes'', but they are not yellow cake inside and they do not have chocolate creme inside. They are simply chocolate coated chocolate cake filled with white creme.

Exactly like the first Holodomor image. And that image looks dated from a much earlier time.

The second Holodomor image is simply another variety with icing swirls on top.

The Little Debbie website has a picture of a blue box with these cakes packaged inside, individually wrapped, and renamed to ''Cocoa Creme''. The website even tells us that this is a NEW product! They just went and erased a part of our history. Just like that. Gone. Our snack cake history, fragile as a tiny fragile thing, whisked away from us, just like that, in an instant.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Funny, I haven't been able to eat those debbies in over 20 years....you are right. There is something so synthetic about them.

Remember the hostess fruit pies? I used to LOVE them...now the look of them just makes me want to hurl...

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
But oh the choco-cremey goodness!!

I love 'em.

I still want to see a picture of the old packaging uploaded. I remember the box used to be white and the snack cakes were packaged two to a pack. I am sure I am not going crazy.

Little Debbie has scammed us all. She is a wicked little snacktress.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXX777
But oh the choco-cremey goodness!!

I love 'em.

I still want to see a picture of the old packaging uploaded. I remember the box used to be white and the snack cakes were packaged two to a pack. I am sure I am not going crazy.

Little Debbie has scammed us all. She is a wicked little snacktress.

Lol nice profile pic change bro...somebody must have chased his debbies with several brews tonight

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
I just saw ''Holiday Snack Cakes'' white chocolate with sprinkles on top!! And chocolate over yellow cake with sprinkles on top!!

And an early variety pre-''Zebra Cake'' with black stripes on white chocolate and a cut-out airplane on the back of the box!!

And white on black Zebra Cakes!!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Mmmm...this is a thread of the tasty variety.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join