It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bible and the war against God's true and only work.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Either he's god or he's not - what you fail to realize is that either he created the whole universe and everything in it or he didn't. There is no going against his will because then he's really not god is he ?

Scientists who create small particles in a lab don't half ass it - what makes you think that the all powerful all knowing leaves human kind to chance ? - how could he since he's all knowing ?

either you believe in god or you dont - that's all there is.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vsc1981
I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work. We all know that. Its what He had people of His choosing to write so it could be preached and taught to the whole world so that His most loved creation could learn of Him and worship Him. So they could know of His commandments and follow them. And also to prepare for the second coming of Jesus. To warn of impending disasters to befall man and destroy His creation earth. He wants us to love and obey Him, and to fear Him. Not to worship false gods or prophets. To believe in only Him and only His word. Now these people that i mentioned seem to think that there is these other books that would have God contradicting Himself. Saying things like Jews aren't God's chosen people and He didn't give the land of Israel to the Jews. So i guess I'm just looking for some support on these issues.

I'm sorry, help me out here. You state "we all known" that the bible is god's work. Well, I don't. Or better, i refuse this assumption as it is being proven wrong over and over again.
but my confusion is more profound, so any help is appreciated:
- what version of the god-meme you refer to? I heard there are over 3800 identified so far.
- what version of what book are you actually referring to?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
The bible is what I follow along with my family. It is our choice. If you choose to be an unbeliever that is you option. I am a true believer in God almighty. Just look at all of the prophesies coming together at an alarming rate. Jesus will be returning soon for his church. We were told of his return and for us to spread the gospel so others can be saved from God's wrath.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ILikeStars

Originally posted by LaughingatHumanity
True and only work? corrupted by Constantine, usurped by the traditions and holidays of Paganism, and utterly gutted by the orthodox church while it's modern adherents are as confused as a mass of lemmings.

This true and only work is a mockery of any critical thinking mind.

So you are an atheist then, right?

I mean surely if there were a God God could withstand Constantine, Paganism, and confused lemmings, right?

I haven't read the rest of this thread yet, but I just HAD to jump in here.

Laughing, just because one doesn't subscribe to the description of god, the god in the OT, doesn't make one an atheist. I completely reject the message of the OT, and reject the virgin birth and the resurrection of Jesus, and I reject the concept of human sacrifice and cannibalism. I am suspicious of a god that would require its people to reject free will and critical thinking.

I am not an atheist..

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
God is the world's worst ponsi schemer if Ii ever saw one and the root off all evil for the last 2000 years...and his book sucks

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I'm new to ATS and so far I've enjoyed it. The motto for ATS is deny ignorance and I recently came across some ignorance from some people on ATS. You see the bible is God's work.

This thread's title is absolutely ridiculous. The Bible is man's work which is indirectly God's work.

God's one and only work is his creation, which is the universe which made the bible.
edit on 13-3-2012 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
What the bible claims ≠ What universe shows

The ideas that the bible is ‘God's true and only work’ is a total fail

and if you say bible god made the universe – then that is the only thing you can really claim as ‘God's true and only work’ since it’s the one thing humans cannot counterfeit or change

and as for Jesus – well you are most likely actually praying to the Roman emperor Titus

(Joseph Atwell's Caesar's Messiah)

or

(Dr. Rod Blackhirst - Flavian Caesars created Christianity)

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

Its intended for people to debate the war on God and His word.

OK, honest thing to ask. But don't you think first that you should define which God you are talking about, and secondly, just how and when this God sat down and wrote a book? And, when did a book become "the word of God?" And please, don't come back with "There is only one God," first, before you say that, take a look here: Ancient Gods of the Bible
and here: List of Major Countries or Cultures With Ancient Gods and Goddesses

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrecksrme
The bible is what I follow along with my family. It is our choice. If you choose to be an unbeliever that is you option. I am a true believer in God almighty. Just look at all of the prophesies coming together at an alarming rate. Jesus will be returning soon for his church. We were told of his return and for us to spread the gospel so others can be saved from God's wrath.

And this ladies and gentlemen is why I have an issue with Christianity, Jesus please save me from your followers who are so stuck up their own self righteous.....blank....that they cannot see that you did not preach judgement, hate or damnation, matter of fact, those were all attributed to human beings who wrote in a collection of books that eventually turned into the 'bible'...

I grew up in a fundamentalist christian household and could outdo most christians I've ever met in biblical knowledge and the actual hebrew/greek rendering of many of the words contained within..it doesn't matter...it is a futile effort to convince people who want to feel elevated over others that they are missing the entire point of the bible to begin with.

And one most certainly can disbelieve in the bible yet believe in a Creator, here's a newsflash for those of you who beg to differ, Yahweh was one God among many...who's works have not shown any evidence more outstanding than other Gods of the time..it's all fables. Yahweh actually being a reincarnation of the Sumerian God El. I suggest those who declare how right they are, actually research the history of their own belief system before casting a finger at those who do not believe the same thing.

After all isn't that the Golden Rule?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The Bible is good for one thing: it shows man's evolving and limited perception of what God is; from a ruthless tribal dictator with a "chosen people", to "God is love" and "love your enemy."

That's the most important thing to take from that book, along with the message to love all things equally.

And no, it's not God's "only work". All works are God's work, including the non-religious ones. It's extremely arrogant to assume that God chooses sides or demands you be a Christian or < insert religion here >.
And even to assume God doesn't love non-religious people either. I can't even fathom thinking that way anymore; it's just plain wrong. Who has a child and then casts them away because they grew up a certain way? Only someone who lacks love in their heart, but "GOD IS LOVE." You know, if a mother can love her son who went down a very destructive path, then surely God's boundless love can love even "worse" people. Would that same boundless love cast people into eternal damnation, suffering, and torment? No of course not, because it's absolutely absurd to even think so.

Is it beginning to make sense?

We have become spiritually inert, stagnant. As all things in the universe grow and change, so does our understanding of it all. But some religions have been used to inflict fear and tighten control on the people to this very day, so much so that some people are afraid to take off their blind-folds to continue to nurture the light within and all around. Take them off, learn to see again. Light is wisdom, knowledge, "enlightenment"... you can't see it when you wallow in ignorance and dwell within your ego. There is light within us and there is light all around us, but some just don't want to see it because they're afraid...

Too much fear. Too much intolerance. Too much hate. Too much ignorance. All qualities that make us sub-human, and yet we even apply some of those qualities to our idea of God. We demean ourselves, we demean God, we demean everything. See the connection? The Oneness?

We're humans, we have the ability to think critically and convey those thoughts to one another, and we have an understanding of love and humility, but where is all that when we shut ourselves in from each other, put up walls and borders, call our neighbours heretics and infidels, take up arms and kill each other. Where is the love in all that? Where is the open-mindedness? The exchange of ideas? The humility?

Where is it? Where? It's locked up, held prisoner by the ego ("Satan"), the "us vs them" mentality, the unconscious mind and spirit. It's pinned down and gagged by the ones that try to control us all, but you can free it. All you need to do is... become conscious and aware again to stop living in the mirage that was placed before you. Open your heart so that you may become loving and compassionate to understand the Oneness that we all are. Have the willpower and desire to break free. Adore wisdom in all its forms and continue suckling from it. And eventually, we'll all be loving, powerful, and wise enough break our limits and go beyond ourselves. Always growing and evolving - that is how we are, as we always have been, as we always will be. Spiral out.

The only war against God's work, is the inconceivable illusion that there is a war against God's work.

Love to all.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Surely I'm not the only who believes that the bible is God's only work.

But I thought you said he made the Earth?

He's a pretty bad story teller: full of death and destruction, vengeance and deceit.

God is an arse if that is all he can do: threaten people.

Nope, I'll stick to believing it's a faerie tale made up by people and adapted so that they may maintain control of others through fear.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sweetstuff

There was no Sumerian god called El. El is a name of a supreme diety strict to parts of the Semitic world. You're probably thinking of his Sumerian equivalent Enki.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
So just because we don't go along with your views we are ignorant?

If you take away the writings that were MADE BY THOSE WHO CLAIM TO BE GOD'S CHOSEN.you are left with little to go on.Do you have proof that the Bible,which was written by men and edited many tmes,is the word of god? no you don't.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

Welcome to ATS, Op. Prepare to be beaten nearly to death by your new friends.... but that's what friends are for anyways. Just disregard the negative replies if they don't resonate with you somehow.

I was raised Christian, Bible thumping, hell-fire and brimstone, etc... so I think I at least have an idea of where you are coming from in your original post and the fact that you ended up here speaks volumes. You probably wouldn't have thrown yourself to the lions if there wasn't something churning insde you, whether you realized that or not. I just want to mention a couple of things that helped me along the way, that may get your gears turning more.

(1) You said you 'fear' God. That's how we're taught- to fear God... but remember God is Love. Fear & Love are not compatible emotions. If you seek God, the journey may be clearer without the Fear... just Love God.
(2) The Bible, right, wrong or indifferent has been touched by imperfect humans, many with their own agendas. BUT, remember that you are seeking God, Not a book. So the Bible can be imperfect without discounting or blaspheming God. The relationship you seek is You & God, NOT You, a book, and God. That one took me a while to grasp, but give the idea some honest thought.
(3) I agree with you- Jesus is the Man! I also believe that the point of Jesus's time on earth was to spread his message, which mankind.. the church... tried their damnedest to screw up. I am NOT a Biblical scholar, but in Luke 17:21 Jesus said, "...behold, the kingdom of God is within you." Search inside yourself to find Jesus's real meaning to this statement. I did, I found it & I've never been happier.

Good luck, my friend!

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Being new to ATS as you are finding out that there are members here who will destroy you for taking up for your personal belief in God! With saying that make sure you do your homework before posting threads and do not be intimated by others opinions. Be open minded and whatever you do, do not take other post personal.Sometimes you will be wrong in the eyes of other members while other times you will be right. In the end always stay true to your heart and beliefs. Like anything else the more you post the better you will get by demonstrating via your thoughts through post what you are truly trying to say. I am very green also 2 ATS but I have found that you can talk about any subject and the responses across the board stay overall objective. Though if you mention God or Jesus look out and let the slander and hatred begin! It is amazing that one word invokes so much hatred at times. Especially if that word has no meaning to those who get so upset.
Remember the last way you are going to win another members opinion over is by insulting them. Hope to see more threads by you and keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

God knows all past, present, and future. The things spoke of in the bible about what takes place in our days are spot on. There is no way its fake.

Id love for you to back that up with some examples. The only one i can think of is the reformation of Israel. Any others?

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

You see the bible is God's work. We all know that.

Do we now?
Speak for your self buddy

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I read the Holy Bible King James version. And I'm not tryin to push my religious beliefs on anyone. I'm just trying to get people to thinking. I know there is a ton of different religions and books and beliefs. I'm not saying stop believing what you believe in. But you have to agree that in your hearts you always feel Jesus tugging at it. How do you think i started feeling the way? By no means am i perfect and I've done way more than my fair share of sinning. I'll be a sinner till i die and unless your a saint so will you. But look don't throw down on me cause i believe in God and Jesus and the bible. Not one time have i said anything out of the way to anybody on here. And I've had some mean things said to me. But if i can get one person to think just think about Jesus then i feel better. Not change your beliefs or religion but just think aboutHim and what he went through for our sins. I'm sorry if I've offended anybody.

Sorry, but when you write in your first post that the Bible is the word of god (Jewish/Christian presumably) and "everybody knows it", you are pushing your religious beliefs on me and I don't want them. Whatever floats your boat, or should I say "ark", but I'm not interested. The bible is a compilation of various relgious writings cobbled together in the 4th century by a committee. It is no more the 'word of god' than today's Wall Street Journal. As for your claim that archaeology proves the bible, apparently you don't read Biblical Archaeology Review. While there are some things from the bible that archaeology has confirmed, there is much more that archaeology has proven only partially correct or totally untrue. Have fun, enjoy your stay, but perhaps you would feel more at home with one of the End Times web sites so that you and other sheep, I mean, believers can get together and self-validate each other's beliefs about your god and your bible.

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Vsc1981

The bible is all i know.

I am attempting to fully understand where you are coming from, but friend, you get more and more confusing all the time here. That statement above in the quote tags reeks of mind control. If the Bible is ALL you know, then you must know it backwards and forwards, right? Well, I submit that you do not. Here you go, educate yourself on your Bible, friend. And please, expand your education some, will you?

Understanding the Mentality and World View of the Christian Fundamentalist

Is The Bible Plagiarized From Other Religions?

Gods and Religions on Planet Earth

The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus Christ

The Bible UFO Connection

and, a few of my own threads, for your consideration:

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

Is Christianity Really Brainwashing?

A Question For Religious People

Why the Polar Opposites in Christianity?

Conspiracy: The Rapture Doctrine

The God and Goddess, Father and Mother, and the Conspiracy to keep us from Knowing

A Real Time Vision of the End of the World
Love and Light, Auto

posted on Mar, 13 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

(B)Millions of people over thousands of years have believed the Bible to be the word of God, many of whom have given their lives for that belief and you think you can dismiss all that with one smart-a** comment?

What I find hilarious is how rude atheists can be when posting comments about this topic. 99% of anti-Christian comments are quite rude. Learn some decorum. Get some class. Grow up!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join